• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this commercial offensive?

Is this commercial offensive?

• Total voters
Some of the comments from YT claim that it trivializes the coming-out process. I was interested in whether there's a similar sentiment around here.

If only I had the time to be offended by such things....

I'm offended at how unfunny and ****ty this commercial is.

It's a poorly conceived commercial for several reasons. If I were BMW, I would make a spoof of it and change the focus to young people not knowing how to manage money. Then I would point out Infiniti's cost of ownership, maintenance cost and depreciation.

Voted "This commercial is neither offensive nor funny."

This is another in a long line of things that to be offended by them, you have to be politically motivated to be offended in the first place. We are becoming way too sensitive on certain subjects and it is bound to backfire to the point where even passive tolerance of one another is discarded.

Voted "This commercial is neither offensive nor funny."

This is another in a long line of things that to be offended by them, you have to be politically motivated to be offended in the first place. We are becoming way too sensitive on certain subjects and it is bound to backfire to the point where even passive tolerance of one another is discarded.

You'd figure that at some point there would just be so many things to be offended by that it would get tiring. I know I get tired just trying to digest how much stuff offends people.

Neither funny nor offensive. It wasn't funny because it was obvious where it was going. That particular joke has been done to death.

I'm sure there are some gay people for whom it brings up bad memories. Some may have been disowned by their famines after a sit down conversation like that. But you can't walk on egg shells all the time. Hell, maybe some people seeing that commercial had a loved one killed in a crash while in an Infinity. And here comes this commercial rubbing it in their faces.

We shouldn't nitpick every little thing.

But it wasn't funny.

No, but it is a bad commercial.

Gonna go against the grain here and claim it's both funny and offensive, as the best humor often is.

I chuckled out loud when I saw where it was going. Can totally see why people would get pissed off about it, but then again, all humor is is taking real life situations and putting a spin on it.

Good commercial. But I'm still not going to buy an Infiniti.

Wow, that is a smart funny commercial. The gays will keep whining till the cows come home....screw em.

You'd figure that at some point there would just be so many things to be offended by that it would get tiring. I know I get tired just trying to digest how much stuff offends people.

I am already tired, we crossed a line a long way back on what we are all *supposed* to be offended by.

Neither funny nor offensive. It wasn't funny because it was obvious where it was going. That particular joke has been done to death.

I'm sure there are some gay people for whom it brings up bad memories. Some may have been disowned by their famines after a sit down conversation like that. But you can't walk on egg shells all the time. Hell, maybe some people seeing that commercial had a loved one killed in a crash while in an Infinity. And here comes this commercial rubbing it in their faces.

We shouldn't nitpick every little thing.

But it wasn't funny.

Who has equated German cars with hetro sexuals and Jap cars with homosexuals? And I disagree with the idea that there maybe there being a few victims out there who dont find this funny means that I cant laugh, victims dont run things any more than anyone else. I thought this was pretty ballsy for an elite brand to line up with gay rights in this way, because I have this prejudice that old money is not as accepting of gays as the rest of us are, especially old generation old money, the people who tend to buy infinities I think, peers of the old guy portrayed in the commercial.

Way to go.

Wow, that is a smart funny commercial. The gays will keep whining till the cows come home....screw em.
I'm gay, and I am not offended by this commercial in the slightest.

I just don't find it to be that funny of a commercial.

I'm gay, and I am not offended by this commercial in the slightest.

I just don't find it to be that funny of a commercial.

Funny was a tool not the point, the point was to position the brand as being pro gay. It was very successfully done I think. I found it very funny but not a haha way, it was playful, amusing, witty and entertaining.

It was fun.

They should get an award for this ad, it is top shelf.

Some of the comments from YT claim that it trivializes the coming-out process. I was interested in whether there's a similar sentiment around here.

Oh.

Wow, that never crossed my mind at all. Whenever I see this commercial all I think about is how snobbish some people are. Never even thought about the "coming out" paralell.

Oh.

Wow, that never crossed my mind at all. Whenever I see this commercial all I think about is how snobbish some people are. Never even thought about the "coming out" paralell.

They are clearly mocking that, in a "All in the Family" sort of way. This commercial is a statement that times have changed, and that this brand has moved on with the new majority.

Back
Top Bottom