• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this another sign of Russian weakness?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Is that fact that Putin has asked/forced Belarus to send in troops to help in Ukraine another sign of weakness on the Russian side. I suspect that Putin thought the war would already be over and he would control Ukraine just using his troops, showing the world how powerful his army is at this time. Instead, they have been made to look weak against a much smaller and weaker nation. Nothing seems to be going right for Putin and his comrades. He will of course win eventually the battle for Ukraine, but has he lost the war. Is that why he has to rattle his nukes to show the world he still has weapons. The weapons he has can not help him fight the economic war that has just started.

Tell the Russians that NATO will impose one if they start carpet bombing the city, so to just stay away from the city itself. Could effectively achieve a no fly zone through negotiations without having to move to deploy jets/drones/Patriot Missiles/etc.

It's clear that Biden and the WH do not want to do this though, so I would be very surprised if it happened. More likely that the EU could initiate such an action.

Tell the Russians that NATO will impose one if they start carpet bombing the city, so to just stay away from the city itself. Could effectively achieve a no fly zone through negotiations without having to move to deploy jets/drones/Patriot Missiles/etc.

It's clear that Biden and the WH do not want to do this though, so I would be very surprised if it happened. More likely that the EU could initiate such an action.
SO I guess you want our jets to fight the Russian jets and start WWIII, the American public will not stand for it.

The answer is yes - that's what the West will do.

Which is unfortunate, to say the very least.

Back
Top Bottom