• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this administration just a bunch of children?

Does this admninistration act like children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rocketman

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
How many here have been to DC? I have. There is no legitimate reason to block off the various outdoor exhibits other than Obama and company choose to act like children. Same with Mt. Rushmore. They are spending more money just to be assholes.

How many here have been to DC? I have. There is no legitimate reason to block off the various outdoor exhibits other than Obama and company choose to act like children. Same with Mt. Rushmore. They are spending more money just to be assholes.

BVws4O-CAAExiJA.jpg

It's a Republican shutdown. It's a shame this small group of Cruz novices, who don't understand how the federal govt works, was allowed to force a shutdown by the leaders in the House.

But it's a losing game to blame the shutdown on Obama. For one thing, what is shut down is the decision of bureaucrats, not Obama. And it's a thing decided ahead of time, although it can be altered a bit, I think. But "nonessentials" are decided at intervals, by people in the govt, for occasions such as this. They didn't get together in a smoke filled room one night and decide what to shutdown. It's predetermined, for the most part. But I'm sure Cruz researched this and knew that, right? I'm sure he knew veterans establishments would be shut down, some veterans wouldn't receive health care, children with cancer wouldn't be able to get treatments, children who rely on federal subsidies for food would have to go hungry, etc. He knew all that, right?

But you either have a shutdown or you don't. You don't declare a shutdown, then oops! decide to UN-shutdown some things that are unpopular with your constituents, picking some people as more important than others. Are veterans more important than children with cancer? Are healthy veterans who want to visit a memorial more important than ailing veterans in dire need of health care? There's a story about this in the Bible. It's about Soloman and a baby. But I'm sure Cruz knows that story, right?

Really? Not even trying to cling to a bit of dignity with a real poll?

It's a Republican shutdown. It's a shame this small group of Cruz novices, who don't understand how the federal govt works, was allowed to force a shutdown by the leaders in the House.

But it's a losing game to blame the shutdown on Obama. For one thing, what is shut down is the decision of bureaucrats, not Obama. And it's a thing decided ahead of time, although it can be altered a bit, I think. But "nonessentials" are decided at intervals, by people in the govt, for occasions such as this. They didn't get together in a smoke filled room one night and decide what to shutdown. It's predetermined, for the most part. But I'm sure Cruz researched this and knew that, right? I'm sure he knew veterans establishments would be shut down, some veterans wouldn't receive health care, children with cancer wouldn't be able to get treatments, children who rely on federal subsidies for food would have to go hungry, etc. He knew all that, right?

But you either have a shutdown or you don't. You don't declare a shutdown, then oops! decide to UN-shutdown some things that are unpopular with your constituents, picking some people as more important than others. Are veterans more important than children with cancer? Are healthy veterans who want to visit a memorial more important than ailing veterans in dire need of health care? There's a story about this in the Bible. It's about Soloman and a baby. But I'm sure Cruz knows that story, right?

I guess you failed to read the thread, dunno:confused:

Obama and the idiots are spending more money to close open exhibits that is spent when they are open. Has nothing to do with the shutdown.

Really? Not even trying to cling to a bit of dignity with a real poll?

what is not real about it. the no option is available

Or, you know, they have upkeep costs and congress can't incur those costs while there is no funding to pay them.

what is not real about it. the no option is available

Not without a blatant connotation which clearly does not represent what I believe, or what is even reality.

If you offer a poll that goes as follow

option A: Yes, they should be ashamed!
option B: No, And I support the "assholish" activities
option C: They are assholes!
option D: Why aren't we always just assholes?

It's just simply not a legitimate poll. Your own bias towards the subject has diluted any credibility to the conversation that could take place in this forum. What's the matter about having a real conversation about it? Is it too straining upon your mind?

Not without a blatant connotation which clearly does not represent what I believe, or what is even reality.

It's just simply not a legitimate poll. Your own bias towards the subject has diluted any credibility to the conversation that could take place in this forum. What's the matter about having a real conversation about it? Is it too straining upon your mind?

Option B is a lie on your part, must you lie to debate a thread?

Imo, they are just trying to appeal to emotion, in order to make it look as if things are worse than they really are, and in order to whip people up into a frenzy. Pretty stupid imo.

Last edited:
Imo, they are just trying to appeal to emotion, in order to make it looks as if things are worse than they really are, and in order to whip people up into a frenzy. Pretty stupid imo.
Sounds like politics in general. :lol:

Then please enlighten me on what you are trying to infer by adding on that little bit of text to option B.

If you vote no, you much be cool with it or you wouldn't be voting no, pretty self explanatory unless you are 3.

Agreed, this type of poll belongs on a website that caters to people who only love to hear the sounds of their own voices.

Poor progressives can't defend their leaders

If you vote no, you much be cool with it or you wouldn't be voting no, pretty self explanatory unless you are 3.

That doesn't represent my opinion without making me bear another opinion which I do not hold. Because quite blatantly it is a negative one

I don't believe our administration has been acting like children, but also I am not okay with shutting down memorials and other federal holdings. Nor do I believe that it is mainly the administrations fault that these are not available.

That doesn't represent my opinion without making me bear another opinion which I do not hold. Because quite blatantly it is a negative one

I don't believe our administration has been acting like children, but also I am not okay with shutting down memorials and other federal holdings. Nor do I believe that it is mainly the administrations fault that these are not available.

Whose fault is it? Who do you think is ordering those blockades?

Whose fault is it? Who do you think is ordering those blockades?

Ordering and causing are two different things in this instance.

To understand why they closed the parks read this article
National Parks Close As Other Public Lands Stay Open : NPR

Now take into consideration the circumstances of how our government shutdown and maybe you'll see why the administration is not nearly at fault as when compared to congressional republicans.

Back
Top Bottom