• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this accurate

Is my statement accurate

• Entirely accurate

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Mostly accurate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly inaccurate

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Entirely inaccurate

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I believe that in general and with some exceptions that in today's politics:

Democrats are better at handling domestic issues (The economy, civil rights, healthcare, etc.)

and

Republicans are better at handling foreign issues (War on terror, trade, international relations, etc.)

your thoughts?

Last edited:
You seem to think starting wars that cannot be won is a good way to deal with international politics.

And starting to bring in protectionist trade policies (Trump) is the way forward for free trade.

And that Trump is looked at in any way other than utterly nuts by the rest of the world.

You seem to think starting wars that cannot be won is a good way to deal with international politics.

And starting to bring in protectionist trade policies (Trump) is the way forward for free trade.

And that Trump is looked at in any way other than utterly nuts by the rest of the world.

Plus, we've had more race riots under Obama than Bush. So I'd rethink his idea about civil rights.

There have been many common sense democrats and republicans that have done well with all phases of government.

Our problem right now is that we have too few of either on both sides of the aisle.

Democrats are better at handling domestic issues (The economy, civil rights, healthcare, etc.)

and

Republicans are better at handling foreign issues (War on terror, trade, international relations, etc.)

your thoughts?

Actually, neither is really correct. The differences are more in the Democrats leaning toward statism, while Republicans are more mindful of protecting individual rights. Off hand, I think that these are more defining of the policies, than anything else and explain the differences best. It seems to me that this has changed to what it presently is. In earlier times the Democrats were much more libertarian than liberal and thus much closer to the Conservatives.

There have been many common sense democrats and republicans that have done well with all phases of government.

Our problem right now is that we have too few of either on both sides of the aisle.

We have widely replaced common sense with ideology, which at first blush might seem very much the same, but are not even similar, when you live them.

Democrats are better when it comes to a few social issues. As for everything else under the sun the Democrats and Republicans equally suck in actions, if not in rhetoric.

I think there is some type of natural evolution for any group of people with the best of intentions are eventually taken over by the most extreme bat____ crazy members.

and

your thoughts?

They are both very good at growing and solidifying their own power and growing government against the free rights and liberties of the People.

and

your thoughts?

No, things are more complicated than that.
An issue can change for a variety of reasons.

I believe both Democrats and Republicans represent corporate interests and militarism across the globe. Neither party is significantly different from the other. Republicans and Democrats only care about keeping themselves in power and will do and say anything to achieve that end. The notion that Republicans care about individual freedom more than Democrats has no basis in fact and is merely a feel-good thing to say. To say that Democrats protect civil rights is also nonsense. Obama is a Democrat and civil unrest is rampant. The usual response is for some dimwit to say that it's just Obama and Hillary will be different. No. It's never been that way and will never be that way. They all work for the same people and guess what? It isn't you or me.

and

your thoughts?

LOL . democrats handling the economy ? HUGE FAIL ! :lamo

Democrats and Republicans fighting is like a junkie arguing with a crackhead over who's more messed up.

They don't even bother to write a budget any more they just vote to increase the debt as fiscal policy.

FREE,FREE,FREE , SPEND , SPEND , SPEND ! :lamo

Back
Top Bottom