• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is this acceptable.

Does this bother you.

• I watched the video and followed links - its all bs.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I watched the video and followed links - Im leary.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes it does.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It does but Bush did no wrong nor did his buddies.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Youve Got To Be Kidding!

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/diebold2003.html

http://www.boingboing.net/2004/11/09/exitpoll_data_you_ca.html

http://www.buzzflash.com/alerts/04/11/The_unexplained_exit_poll_discrepancy_v00k.pdf

http://www.solarbus.org/stealyourelection/exitpolls.html

http://www.votergate.tv/ watch this. please.

I would like to know why this is not news worthy and why americans should not give a **** about this.. Cnred, Navy Pride, skillsomething, vague lets here it. Why should I not question bush;s presidency?

Let me add a snipet of diebold owner saying he will deliver bush his votes.... cant find it well ive seen it with my own eyes sure others here have to if you have and knwo where it is please post.

Not withstanding the fact that you capitalized my name AND spelled it wrong, I will respond with a post from a previous thread...

Biased sources are one of my "pet peeves" in this forum...especially if someone tries to "break" a story. If it's SUCH a huge story, then why isn't it reported elsewhere?

There are a couple of people on this forum that get all of their sources from the same few places; all of them totally partisan...They just can't seem to understand that....

a)It makes them look like they're just towing the party line blindly...

b)makes debate futile because any objective person would just "consider the source"

One exception is when a source is used AGAINST one's own affiliation...

Let's say I heard a story about a Liberal acting like an idiot...

If a Liberal says, "Where'd you hear that?" and I say "Ann Coulter", then the credibility is gone....the Lib "considered the source"...

But if I said, "Al Franken", then the Liberal might believe the story has some merit...the Lib "considered the source".

Other than that, arguing FOR your side using Op-ed pieces and facts that are slanted means absolutely nothing except you found someone to agree with your ideology...

Big deal...:roll:

cnredd said:
Not withstanding the fact that you capitalized my name AND spelled it wrong, I will respond with a post from a previous thread...

Biased sources are one of my "pet peeves" in this forum...especially if someone tries to "break" a story. If it's SUCH a huge story, then why isn't it reported elsewhere?

There are a couple of people on this forum that get all of their sources from the same few places; all of them totally partisan...They just can't seem to understand that....

a)It makes them look like they're just towing the party line blindly...

b)makes debate futile because any objective person would just "consider the source"

One exception is when a source is used AGAINST one's own affiliation...

Let's say I heard a story about a Liberal acting like an idiot...

If a Liberal says, "Where'd you hear that?" and I say "Ann Coulter", then the credibility is gone....the Lib "considered the source"...

But if I said, "Al Franken", then the Liberal might believe the story has some merit...the Lib "considered the source".

Other than that, arguing FOR your side using Op-ed pieces and facts that are slanted means absolutely nothing except you found someone to agree with your ideology...

Big deal...:roll:

What he said.................:rofl

Cant even follow up the links and watch the video. Just watch the video and tell me its bullshit.

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
Cant even follow up the links and watch the video. Just watch the video and tell me its bullshit.

Nah...I have cable...when I want to watch fantasy I'll put on the Sci-Fi channel...

I've already read your posts...If you were more objective I might have given these video a shot...but you haven't been forthright in your sources yet...I see no reason to believe you'd change now...especially considering that "whatreallyhappened" and "buzzflash" are two slanted websites that I am familiar with...

So your inclined to say the votergate video is total bullshit? Even without watching it?

Its also funny that these are official numbers being represented on the websites. They dont offer any new information of itself new by there source.

So your inclined to say the votergate video is total bullshit? Even without watching it?

Nope...I'm saying I won't watch it at all because of the person it came from...

Go back and read Post #2.....

Then if you can find a legitimate media site that has the same information that the votergate video does than I will consider it. If you can find the same video from an objective website then I'll know it's not slanted against any one political affiliation...like at least two of your other websites are...If you can't find it on a mainstream media site, then I'll conclude it's not anything legitimate...

Last edited:
Its also funny that these are official numbers being represented on the websites. They dont offer any new information of itself new by there source.

Your little voter website has a link to a story from "truthout.org"...

If you know anything about me, you'll know I think "truthout.org" is the archenemy of non-partisan websites...they make Air-America look like Rush...

That alone negates anything they offer...

Real adult of you. The video speaks for itself.

Billo does the same thing...get frustrated when I don't play into biases and prejudices...

I don't come here to defend unworthy accusations thrown at me...

Originally posted by cnredd:
Billo does the same thing...get frustrated when I don't play into biases and prejudices...

I don't come here to defend unworthy accusations thrown at me...
You are so wrong. You give yourself way too much credit.

Considering it was released a week BEFORE the election, I would be inclined to believe it's bullcrap.:doh

Oh yeah, the other nice thing about video, it can be edited any way the producer sees fit, I should know, I am studying this in school. For instance, I could get clips of anyone hugging and playing with their children and make them look like child molesters(hypothetical), or I could make a group of policeman look like racists beating a black man outside of his truck by shooting only the suppression action of the situation and not the cause of said action(really happened ask the L.A. police force about the King case), or, for the sake of argument, if I happened to hate a particular kind of business I could charge into the place and infuriate the owner, thus making him chase me outside into public domain screaming and cursing and looking like a bad guy(Michael Moore has done this).
So, have I answered why we DON'T trust your little video at face value?

In the Unexplained Exit Poll Discrepency, Steven Freeman, PhD says:
I have released this paper despite not having the opportunity to use normal academic safegaurds
Which for me, sums it all up. This is not a 'proper' paper.

There is no hard evidence presented. It is not a conspricacy just because the exit polls got it wrong: they get it wrong often. Statisticians debate why they cannot make the poll more accurate, and every electon they make adjustments and still get it wrong. Why? because each election they discover different reasons why exit polls don't match real votes. They know, for example, that many voters refuse to tell exit pollsters their vote. Is it more Democrats or Republicans who refuse?

Freeman acknowledges this possibility because he cannot think of a reason why more Democrats would refuse that Republicans. Just because his mighty PhD brain cannot think of something, it cannot exist. His job should be to find out these reasons.

The paper goes on:
The data I used for this analysis was available apparently because of a computer glitch allowed apparently "uncalibrated" data (not yet corrected to conform to announced vote tallies)
Which confirms exactly what I said: statisticians cannot rely on raw data - it has to be altered using past trends.
In general we have every reason to believe that exit polls are accurate survey instruments

If this were a proper paper, he would have shown the statistical evidence for this, instead he quotes a politician (whose statistical credentials are not given). All polls are accurate to some degree, but what degree. Freeman quotes some exit poll that have been accurate, but it is suspicious that he choses some polls but ignores the bulk.

He statement about German polls are plain wrong, he says:
news media's exit polls, for the last two generations, have never been more than a tenth of a percent off
Wrong. In 2002 the two predictions were: Allensbach’s average was 1.24%, Forsa’s 0.68%.

But also, German elections are not FPTP, and is thought to make them less volatile.

Here's a quote from a UN/US group, The Administration and Cost of Elections:
One might think that there is no reason why voters in stable democracies should conceal or lie about how they have voted, especially because nobody is under any obligation to answer in an exit poll. But in practice they often do. The majority of exit polls carried out in European countries over the past years have been failures.

I'm not saying eveything I've said is right, and everything he said is wrong, but he is only giving one side of the argument. He is biased.

Back
Top Bottom