• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is There Collusion Between Alan Grayson and MSNBC?

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
All I can say is "lolololololololololololololol"

Is There Collusion Between Alan Grayson and MSNBC?
10/28/10 00:33

What is going on with Alan Grayson and MSNBC? Our research reveals some surprising statistics. And there’s more to it than just numbers.

We have to thank Media Matters for putting us on the scent. They have been publishing articles attacking Fox News for interviewing this candidate or that too many times for their liking. Last week they were concerned over the fact John Kasich has appeared on Fox nine times since announcing his candidacy (on June 1 2009). Similarly, MM complained that in the space of one year, Rand Paul made ’21 appearances’ on Fox. The number is a bit misleading, since when you subtract spots on Fox Business Network or online, it turns out to be 10 appearances on FNC. Still, it’s cited by MM to demonstrate that Fox ‘jumped to his cause’.

SNIP

So what did we find? MSNBC has treated Alan Grayson very well, with considerably more appearances than Kasich and Paul on Fox combined. More than 30. More than 40. In fact, a total of 62 appearances! To be fair, as a sitting Congressman prone to attention grabbing, it is likely that he would be called on more often than a non-incumbent. But over 60 appearances, even multiple appearances on the same day? (In what must be an oversight, Media Matters has yet to report on this spectacular example of what it calls ‘promotion’.)

It should be said that we only caught Grayson appearances where MSNBC provided a transcript (they do not for most programs) or someone uploaded a video. Since we don’t have access to a more complete database like that of TVEyes, there may have been even more Grayson hits on MSNBC than the ones we found.

Is There Collusion Between Alan Grayson and MSNBC? | slanders | johnny dollar's place

Before you-know-who demands proof, here are the 62 they found:

Alan Grayson appearances on MSNBC:

10/1/09: Ed Schultz
10/2/09: David Shuster
10/2/09: Dylan Ratigan
10/2/09: Hardball
10/7/09: Ratigan
10/7/09: Schultz
10/9/09: Schultz
10/12/09: Daytime
10/14/09: Countdown
10/19/09: Rachel Maddow
10/21/09: Schultz
10/22/09: Hardball
10/29/09: Schultz
10/31/09: Schultz
11/2/09: Countdown
11/20/09: Ratigan
11/20/09: Schultz
11/21/09: Ratigan
11/24/09: Countdown
11/30/09: Schultz
12/4/09: Schultz
12/9/09: Hardball
12/15/09: Schultz
1/4/10: Schultz
1/18/10: Schultz
1/19/10: Daytime
1/21/10: Countdown
1/22/10: Hardball
1/25/10: Schultz
1/29/10: Schultz
2/9/10: Ratigan
2/10/10: Schultz
2/22/10: Shuster
3/5/10: Shuster
3/10/10: Schultz
3/17/10: Ratigan
3/19/10: Schultz
3/26/10: Schultz
4/5/10: Countdown
4/7/10: Ratigan
4/15/10: Daytime
5/3/10: Ratigan
5/20/10: Ratigan
6/18/10: Ratigan
6/25/10: Schultz
7/14/10: Schultz
7/20/10: Ratigan
7/20/10: Schultz
7/21/10: Daytime
7/23/10: Schultz
8/4/10: Schultz
8/6/10: Daytime
8/11/10: Daytime
8/11/10: Schultz
8/13/10: Schultz
8/18/10: Schultz
8/23/10: Schultz
9/11/10: Ratigan
9/23/10: Schultz
9/28/10: Daytime
10/5/10: Schultz
10/15/10: Schultz

If you go to the website, they have links to every single one of them.

Holy Schultz!

And Grayson is a vile, vile man, unlike Kasich, who doesn't spew the bile that Grayson does. Doesn't matter whose politics you prefer, it's still true.

WOW!!!! Just 5 instances in the last two months. :roll: Don't they know he's up for reelection?

WOW!!!! Just 5 instances in the last two months. :roll: Don't they know he's up for reelection?

LOL! That's all you have to say?

Ed Schultz doesn't count because no one watches him. :lol:

Before you-know-who demands proof, here are the 62 they found:

Alan Grayson appearances on MSNBC:

10/1/09: Ed Schultz
10/2/09: David Shuster
10/2/09: Dylan Ratigan
10/2/09: Hardball
10/7/09: Ratigan
10/7/09: Schultz
10/9/09: Schultz
10/12/09: Daytime
10/14/09: Countdown
10/19/09: Rachel Maddow
10/21/09: Schultz
10/22/09: Hardball
10/29/09: Schultz
10/31/09: Schultz
11/2/09: Countdown
11/20/09: Ratigan
11/20/09: Schultz
11/21/09: Ratigan
11/24/09: Countdown
11/30/09: Schultz
12/4/09: Schultz
12/9/09: Hardball
12/15/09: Schultz
1/4/10: Schultz
1/18/10: Schultz
1/19/10: Daytime
1/21/10: Countdown
1/22/10: Hardball
1/25/10: Schultz
1/29/10: Schultz
2/9/10: Ratigan
2/10/10: Schultz
2/22/10: Shuster
3/5/10: Shuster
3/10/10: Schultz
3/17/10: Ratigan
3/19/10: Schultz
3/26/10: Schultz
4/5/10: Countdown
4/7/10: Ratigan
4/15/10: Daytime
5/3/10: Ratigan
5/20/10: Ratigan
6/18/10: Ratigan
6/25/10: Schultz
7/14/10: Schultz
7/20/10: Ratigan
7/20/10: Schultz
7/21/10: Daytime
7/23/10: Schultz
8/4/10: Schultz
8/6/10: Daytime
8/11/10: Daytime
8/11/10: Schultz
8/13/10: Schultz
8/18/10: Schultz

If you go to the website, they have links to every single one of them.

this can't be right. You know only FOX shows any favoritism towards a candidate.

LOL! That's all you have to say?

If there was some sort of collusion, you'd expect to see him more than that close to an election.

Umm...it's more than that for the past 2 months, recount.

Is it any wonder why nobody watches him. It looks it should be called the Alan Grayson show...

:lol: What's worse is that isn't even in the top ten reasons to not watch that wretched show.

Umm...it's more than that for the past 2 months, recount.
I was 1 off, it was actually 6 times. 8/23 - 10/28 is 2 months and 5 days over 2 months worth.

Your really something pbrauer...

This is your reaction to Kasich making 16 appearances on Fox in 16 months:

pbrauer said:
"Fox desperately wants Kasich to win this race"

Now this is your reaction to Grayson making over 60 appearances on MSNBC in just 13 months:

pbrauer said:
WOW!!!! Just 5 instances in the last two months....

...Major fail on the OP!!!!

Your blind partisanship would be laughable if it weren't so sad.

And before anyone asks, I don't see a problem with either case.

Last edited:
Your really something pbrauer...
Apparently my wife of 38 years thinks so as well.

This is your reaction to Kasich making 16 appearances on Fox in 16 months:
Sixteen appearances AFTER he announced his candidacy for govenor and his appearances on Fox were in PRIME TIME!

Now this is your reaction to Grayson making over 60 appearances on MSNBC in just 13 months:
All those appearances were in the day, if MSNBC were promoting Grayson, they would have put him on in prime-time and scheduled more appearances close to the election.

Your blind partisanship would be laughable if it weren't so sad.
Conservatives just love Saul Alinsky Rules...

And before anyone asks, I don't see a problem with either case.
Yeah right, that's why you started this thread. :roll:

Show me anything on MSNBC that matches this gush-a-thon:

John Kasich on President Obama's $800 Billion Mistake | FoxNews.com

HANNITY: So I guess this is just more proof that he's willing to say anything in order to advance his radical agenda.

And back with us tonight, with his reaction to all this is Republican gubernatorial candidate from the great state of Ohio, former Congressman John Kasich is back.

Congressman, good to have you back. Thanks for being with us.

JOHN KASICH, OHIO GUBERNATORIAL CANDIDATE: Thank you. Thank you, Sean.

HANNITY: The polls have you up. But I've been reading and seeing that there is more money going against you. How many times has the president and vice president been in Ohio to campaign against you?

KASICH: Well, Barack Obama will be here 11 times on Sunday night, Sean.

(LAUGHTER)

KASICH: And -- 11 times. And Joe Biden has been here -- you know, he's been four times in the last three weeks. There's been more money spent against me than any candidate in America.

And the reason is Obama is running for reelection, because he knows if he loses Ohio he's in trouble. And all I'm doing is running for governor. He's going to appear with his twin here, Ted Strickland. And, you know, I mean, it just gives people an opportunity in this race to vote against more taxes, more stimulus, to be in a position to vote against Obamacare. Try to get this economy straightened out.

So it is a very central race. And, 11 times, Sean, they're coming after Johnny Kasich for 11 times he's going to be here. It's amazing.

HANNITY: Yes.

KASICH: People can come on our website at KasichforOhio.com. Sunday night at 6:30. We're going to talk about the damage the Obama agenda has done to us. And if you have extra nickels or dimes please send it our way.

HANNITY: Well, I --

KASICH: KasicforOhio.com.

HANNITY: I want to put this -- put some emphasis on this because this is really important. Explain to people why -- we cannot afford to lose that race?

KASICH: Well, no Republican has ever been elected president without winning Ohio. Ohio is ground zero. The eyes of the country is on this race. We've had people come from Europe to take a look at this race. The BBC apparently reporting. The Economist has been here.

Look, this is it, Sean. This is where his -- this is firewall to be reelected in 2012. And so he's here trying to rev up his base. I've had, you know, all -- the liberal organizations have been involved in here. All the big labor PACs, from the SEIU to the teachers union. They've all been in here because they're afraid of change, of getting back to conservative approach. And they're afraid that Obama will lose this election if he doesn't win Ohio.

(CROSSTALK)

KASICH: That's why he's running now. This is his chance to try to get reelected for '12 and test out a message and elect his twin Ted Strickland.

HANNITY: No, I agree with your analysis. And I think we all know how key Ohio is for any Republican to be elected president, I think you're absolutely right. It is interesting that this is about him thinking about 2012.

Now he gave this interview to The New York Times. Now he's saying, there's -- you know there's no such thing as a shovel-ready project. That's not how he sold the stimulus, as we just showed everybody, to the American people. It was a farce.

(CROSSTALK)

KASICH: Well, Sean -- yes.

HANNITY: It seems like he's willing to say anything. We face catastrophe. Unemployment won't go above 8 percent.

Is this the final nail in the coffin in terms of the believability of Barack Obama for the American people?

KASICH: Well, I think this race is a big deal. I can promise you, Sean, both in your network and across the television networks on election night, this race will be front and center.

Because, look, with the stimulus package the reason there are no shovel-ready projects, the reason he's saying what he's saying is he's trying to dismiss a little of the anger. He's trying to let some of the pressure out of the pressure cooker. Because people are really, really fed up.

And the reason why he's coming here is to try to gin up the base, to get his people out. And that's why, you know, 11 visits, raise money, get the people going and be able to defend this program.

But I believe his interview with The New York Times is because he knows that if he doesn't start saying some things to reduce the anger he's going to get swamped in a couple of weeks here.

HANNITY: I think you're right.

Why is it in the race for the Senate it seems like they left Bob Portman alone in that race. You know, because obviously I would think they want to get the Senate back as well but they seem very fixated and focused on you. I was wondering if it had to do with the fact when -- look, when you were running the budget and you insisted on a balanced budget and Congressional Budget Office numbers and no gimmicks in terms of accounting, you helped -- along with Pete Domenici -- forced Clinton into signing that bill that actually got us on a path to a balanced budget.

Are they threatened by your record and your background?

KASICH: Well, I think they are concerned about what I'll do out here being a reformer, you know, being somebody that wants to return to government as a last resort not as a first resort.

But there is something more central here, Sean. Look, the Senate matters, the House matters, but they are really focused on governors races because it's governors that control the tempo inside of a state. It's governors that decide, you know, to a large degree what happens in terms of redistricting.

They are very, very concerned about this. And in fact my opponent said look, you know, if you don't reelect me you really hurt Barack Obama's chances for reelection. You see it's the governors that are the people that really manage a state.

Now my business is, I want to get -- I want to get elected. I want to improve Ohio. I want to create jobs, Sean. And at the end of the day if that's -- if that works out the way I know it will, it won't bode well for somebody who thinks really 180 different than I do.

HANNITY: All right, John Kasich, we will be watching along with the rest of the country this race very closely. Thanks for being with us. And --

KASICH: And we --

HANNITY: What?

KASICH: We need your help. If you like conservatism and John Kasich, we need your help.

HANNITY: All right, John Kasich, thanks for being with us.

Content and Programming Copyright 2010 Fox News Network, Inc. Copyright 2010 Roll Call, Inc. All materials herein are protected by United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Roll Call. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content.​

Of course there are some similarities, but nothing like Fox promoting one of it's family members to be the next governor of Ohio. You guys don't want to admit that that's what's happening so you try finding something elsewhere for cover.

Of course, it's much worse - Kasich isn't a democrat.

Of course you are not going to admit Fox is pushing one of their own who by the way backed out 10 minutes prior to meeting Strickland on NPR's Talk of the Nation.

I really don't understand what your argument is. Are you criticizing fox for being a corporation that supports its former employees when they run for office, or are you criticizing fox for being a corporation that supports Republicans? Neither one is out of the ordinary.

I really don't understand what your argument is. Are you criticizing fox for being a corporation that supports its former employees when they run for office, or are you criticizing fox for being a corporation that supports Republicans? Neither one is out of the ordinary.
Corporations can't give money directly to a candidates, but his appearance on Fox is as good or better than any money given for political advertising. Prime time exposure.

Back
Top Bottom