• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is There Collusion Between Alan Grayson and MSNBC?

Corporations can't give money directly to a candidates, but his appearance on Fox is as good or better than any money given for political advertising. Prime time exposure.

Then you must be outraged about MSNBC "promoting" Grayson 62 times. Wait, no, you don't give a **** because the appearances weren't "primetime," which means that it doesn't count.

(Side note: Is there such a thing as "primetime" on MSNBC?)

This OP can't really be accusing MSNBC, the paragon of virtue, being a shill for the white house. I am shocked!!!

I really don't understand what your argument is. Are you criticizing fox for being a corporation that supports its former employees when they run for office, or are you criticizing fox for being a corporation that supports Republicans? Neither one is out of the ordinary.

His point is that when FOX does somethign, it's evil. But when MSNBC does something, they aren't 'really' doing the same thing, so it's OK.

This is collusion folks:

FoxPAC welcomes former contributor Kasich back for yet another campaign*appearance

John Kasich Bought And Paid For By FOX News - ProgressOhio
  • On June 1, 2009, Kasich appeared on Hannity's Fox News program to discuss his announcement that day that he's formally running for governor. Kasich had previously explored the possibility of a run while still employed by Fox News. Hannity touted the national importance of the race for his audience (from Nexis):
    HANNITY: This is important for the Republican Party, because if they don't win Ohio in a presidential election, their chances of winning that White House are minimal. ... It is pivotal for the Republican resurgence.
    Hannity also attacked Ohio Democrats: "Ohio, Democratic Party has had major issues with corruption. How big of an issue is that going to be, because I think nationally the Democrats have an issue with the culture of corruption? Will it be a big issue in Ohio?"
  • Kasich appeared on Hannity's program on July 8, 2009. Hannity said Kasich "helped get us on a balanced budget plan using real congressional budget office numbers." At the conclusion of the interview, Hannity told Kasich: "You do me a favor. Go get elected governor, although why you would ever want that job, you're out of your mind, but good luck. And I'm supporting you in the effort."
  • Kasich appeared on July 29, 2009's Hannity, with Hannity referring to Kasich as "Congressman -- well, soon to be governor." Hannity concluded the interview by telling Kasich: "Governor-to-be, things are looking good out there in Ohio. We'll be following your race very closely. Good to see you, Congressman and soon-to-be governor."
  • Kasich appeared on August 26, 2009's Hannity, with Hannity calling him "Congressman, Governor-to-be, Governor-elect, if you will -- I'm not -- I'm not jumping the gun here." Hannity concluded the interview by telling Kasich: "You can help us. Win the state of Ohio. Bring Ohio back to the red column."
  • On his December 15, 2009 program, Hannity called Kasich "the future governor of the great state of Ohio" and added, "You're up in the polls."
  • On June 15, Hannity introduced Kasich on Fox by calling him "our good friend ... You're a great American." Hannity later told Kasich: "You know, you did show leadership when you helped back get the country on a balanced budget, I'll never forget." Hannity concluded by stating, "It's good to see you governor."
  • On June 16, Fox & Friends hosted Kasich, and co-host Steve Doocy claimed Ohio has lost 400,000 jobs "under the Obama administration." However, the 400,000 figure includes job losses that occurred for two years before Obama took office in the midst of a deep recession. Doocy also plugged Kasich's new book.
  • Kasich appeared in a taped segment with Bill O'Reilly on the June 30 edition of The O'Reilly Factor to promote his new book. Guest-host Laura Ingraham introduced the segment by stating, a "familiar 'Factor' face is now running for governor in Ohio. Former Ohio Congressman John Kasich, who used to fill in for Bill on this program is now in a heated race against Democrat incumbent Ted Strickland."
  • On August 18, O'Reilly said that "President Obama campaigned in Ohio today for the Democratic Governor Ted Strickland, who's running against our old pal John Kasich, who used to sub for me on The Factor." While interviewing Kasich, O'Reilly said "Strickland is a down the line liberal. And by the way, we invited the governor on and he turned us down. Strickland would never come on a program like this because he simply can't take the questions. He's never been able to do that." Kasich added that he tried to get O'Reilly to do a campaign event for him, but he declined.

On the program, Kasich also plugged his website and said, "send your nickels and pennies if you want to help me out, because it is a critical, crucial state, Bill, not just in '10 for Ohio, but '12 for the country." While Kasich spoke, Fox News put his website address on-screen. The DGA filed a complaint about the segment in September.
Fundraising and campaigning
  • Hannity. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported in October 2009 that Kasich was "bringing conservative pundit Sean Hannity of Fox News to Northeast Ohio for a high-dollar fund-raiser. The Oct. 9 event will be at GOP stalwart and millionaire industrialist Ed Crawford's home in Kirtland Hills." Tickets reportedly "cost between $500 and $5,000." Hannity was scheduled to do an April fundraiser but it was reportedly canceled. A September 4, 2008, Plain Dealer article (retrieved from Nexis) reported that Hannity "has been encouraging Kasich to run for governor." A Dayton Daily News article (from Nexis) that day similarly reported that Hannity "pledged to give $10,000 to Kasich's campaign should he run, as well as have his wife give another $10,000."
  • Huckabee. Fox News host Mike Huckabee appeared at a campaign event for Kasich in October 2009. His political action committee Huck PAC has also offered support for Kasich.
  • Santorum. Fox News contributor Rick Santorum's political action committee has donated $1,000 to Kasich.
  • Gingrich. Fox News contributor Newt Gingrich campaigned and attended a fundraiser for Kasich in July and again this week.
  • News Corp. As Politico noted, Kasich received "two $10,000 contributions in late May from Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch and his wife." Jack Abernathy, chief executive of Fox Television, contributed $3,000 Kasich on May 24, according to Ohio campaign finance records. He previously served as executive vice president of Fox News. News Corp., the parent company of Fox News, gave $1 million to the Republican Governors Association, which helps elect candidates like Kasich. Indeed, the RGA has produced an ad against Kasich's opponent.
Fox Newsers praise and defend Kasich

Fox Newsers haven't limited their adulation for Kasich just to interviews. For instance:
  • On the May 16 edition of Fox News Sunday, Fox News contributor Newt Gingrich said Kasich would win because he's going to fight for dramatic change. Gingrich: "I think what voters are looking for is somebody who communicates a determination to fight for very dramatic change. And I think that tonal thing is very, very important. I think that's why John Kasich will become governor in Ohio."
  • On the June 23 edition of his radio program, Glenn Beck said to Kasich, "I think I love you."
  • On September 7, Hannity and Fox News contributor Frank Luntz aired a Republican Governors Association ad against Strickland. Luntz then praised the ad's effectiveness.
  • On September 15, Hannity defended Kasich over his ties to Lehman Brothers.

This is collusion folks:

FoxPAC welcomes former contributor Kasich back for yet another campaign*appearance

John Kasich Bought And Paid For By FOX News - ProgressOhio
  • On June 1, 2009, Kasich appeared on Hannity's Fox News program to discuss his announcement that day that he's formally running for governor. Kasich had previously explored the possibility of a run while still employed by Fox News. Hannity touted the national importance of the race for his audience (from Nexis):
    HANNITY: This is important for the Republican Party, because if they don't win Ohio in a presidential election, their chances of winning that White House are minimal. ... It is pivotal for the Republican resurgence.
    Hannity also attacked Ohio Democrats: "Ohio, Democratic Party has had major issues with corruption. How big of an issue is that going to be, because I think nationally the Democrats have an issue with the culture of corruption? Will it be a big issue in Ohio?"
  • Kasich appeared on Hannity's program on July 8, 2009. Hannity said Kasich "helped get us on a balanced budget plan using real congressional budget office numbers." At the conclusion of the interview, Hannity told Kasich: "You do me a favor. Go get elected governor, although why you would ever want that job, you're out of your mind, but good luck. And I'm supporting you in the effort."
  • Kasich appeared on July 29, 2009's Hannity, with Hannity referring to Kasich as "Congressman -- well, soon to be governor." Hannity concluded the interview by telling Kasich: "Governor-to-be, things are looking good out there in Ohio. We'll be following your race very closely. Good to see you, Congressman and soon-to-be governor."
  • Kasich appeared on August 26, 2009's Hannity, with Hannity calling him "Congressman, Governor-to-be, Governor-elect, if you will -- I'm not -- I'm not jumping the gun here." Hannity concluded the interview by telling Kasich: "You can help us. Win the state of Ohio. Bring Ohio back to the red column."
  • On his December 15, 2009 program, Hannity called Kasich "the future governor of the great state of Ohio" and added, "You're up in the polls."
  • On June 15, Hannity introduced Kasich on Fox by calling him "our good friend ... You're a great American." Hannity later told Kasich: "You know, you did show leadership when you helped back get the country on a balanced budget, I'll never forget." Hannity concluded by stating, "It's good to see you governor."
  • On June 16, Fox & Friends hosted Kasich, and co-host Steve Doocy claimed Ohio has lost 400,000 jobs "under the Obama administration." However, the 400,000 figure includes job losses that occurred for two years before Obama took office in the midst of a deep recession. Doocy also plugged Kasich's new book.
  • Kasich appeared in a taped segment with Bill O'Reilly on the June 30 edition of The O'Reilly Factor to promote his new book. Guest-host Laura Ingraham introduced the segment by stating, a "familiar 'Factor' face is now running for governor in Ohio. Former Ohio Congressman John Kasich, who used to fill in for Bill on this program is now in a heated race against Democrat incumbent Ted Strickland."
  • On August 18, O'Reilly said that "President Obama campaigned in Ohio today for the Democratic Governor Ted Strickland, who's running against our old pal John Kasich, who used to sub for me on The Factor." While interviewing Kasich, O'Reilly said "Strickland is a down the line liberal. And by the way, we invited the governor on and he turned us down. Strickland would never come on a program like this because he simply can't take the questions. He's never been able to do that." Kasich added that he tried to get O'Reilly to do a campaign event for him, but he declined.

On the program, Kasich also plugged his website and said, "send your nickels and pennies if you want to help me out, because it is a critical, crucial state, Bill, not just in '10 for Ohio, but '12 for the country." While Kasich spoke, Fox News put his website address on-screen. The DGA filed a complaint about the segment in September.
Fundraising and campaigning
  • Hannity. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported in October 2009 that Kasich was "bringing conservative pundit Sean Hannity of Fox News to Northeast Ohio for a high-dollar fund-raiser. The Oct. 9 event will be at GOP stalwart and millionaire industrialist Ed Crawford's home in Kirtland Hills." Tickets reportedly "cost between $500 and $5,000." Hannity was scheduled to do an April fundraiser but it was reportedly canceled. A September 4, 2008, Plain Dealer article (retrieved from Nexis) reported that Hannity "has been encouraging Kasich to run for governor." A Dayton Daily News article (from Nexis) that day similarly reported that Hannity "pledged to give $10,000 to Kasich's campaign should he run, as well as have his wife give another $10,000."
  • Huckabee. Fox News host Mike Huckabee appeared at a campaign event for Kasich in October 2009. His political action committee Huck PAC has also offered support for Kasich.
  • Santorum. Fox News contributor Rick Santorum's political action committee has donated $1,000 to Kasich.
  • Gingrich. Fox News contributor Newt Gingrich campaigned and attended a fundraiser for Kasich in July and again this week.
  • News Corp. As Politico noted, Kasich received "two $10,000 contributions in late May from Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch and his wife." Jack Abernathy, chief executive of Fox Television, contributed $3,000 Kasich on May 24, according to Ohio campaign finance records. He previously served as executive vice president of Fox News. News Corp., the parent company of Fox News, gave $1 million to the Republican Governors Association, which helps elect candidates like Kasich. Indeed, the RGA has produced an ad against Kasich's opponent.
Fox Newsers praise and defend Kasich

Fox Newsers haven't limited their adulation for Kasich just to interviews. For instance:
  • On the May 16 edition of Fox News Sunday, Fox News contributor Newt Gingrich said Kasich would win because he's going to fight for dramatic change. Gingrich: "I think what voters are looking for is somebody who communicates a determination to fight for very dramatic change. And I think that tonal thing is very, very important. I think that's why John Kasich will become governor in Ohio."
  • On the June 23 edition of his radio program, Glenn Beck said to Kasich, "I think I love you."
  • On September 7, Hannity and Fox News contributor Frank Luntz aired a Republican Governors Association ad against Strickland. Luntz then praised the ad's effectiveness.
  • On September 15, Hannity defended Kasich over his ties to Lehman Brothers.

62 MSNBC appearances by Grayson. :lamo

/thread

Corporations can't give money directly to a candidates, but his appearance on Fox is as good or better than any money given for political advertising. Prime time exposure.

Strickland appeared on Fox News three times and declined to appear four more times.

Your list means little since almost all of the appearances by Kasich were before 2010. He was a guest host before declaring himself a candidate, so of course he was on Fox a lot.

Strickland is crying a river because he will be retired by the citizens of Ohio tomorrow.

Last edited:
62 MSNBC appearances by Grayson. :lamo

I don't know what you are smoking, but it must be some good stuff. Alan Grayson appeared on MSNBC because of what he said about Republicans during he health care debate an more recently about his ads against his Republican opponent and calling him "Taliban Dan." Here is the 9/28/10 video where Contessa Brewer speaks to him:

I don't know what you are smoking, but it must be some good stuff. Alan Grayson appeared on MSNBC because of what he said about Republicans during he health care debate an more recently about his ads against his Republican opponent and calling him "Taliban Dan." Here is the 9/28/10 video where Contessa Brewer speaks to him:

1 down, 61 more to go.

Grayson's 15 minutes of fame are almost expired. He can crawl back under his rock in January after being booted out of office tomorrow.

Lefties actually giggle about Palin, Angle, and O'Donnell while defending morons like Grayson.

DAMN LIBERAL MEDIA

Oh wait. They were grilling him on his ridiculous ad.

DAMN LIBERAL MEDIA

Oh wait. They were grilling him on his ridiculous ad.

Isn' that what they're SUPPOSED to do - especially if it's ridiculous?

1 down, 61 more to go.

The implication of this thread is that MSNBC was in collusion with Alan Grayson, the video in my previous post clearly shows they are not.

/thread

The implication of this thread is that MSNBC was in collusion with Alan Grayson, the video in my previous post clearly shows they are not.

/thread

And 1 instance proves the other 61 in your opinion --- that's not logic, that delusion.

And 1 instance proves the other 61 in your opinion --- that's not logic, that delusion.

No, innocence until proven guilty. Posting a bunch of dates doesn mean ****.

OP = :failpail:

No, innocence until proven guilty. Posting a bunch of dates doesn mean ****.

It shows 62 instances of which you refuted 1. It shows 61 instances and collusion, you posting flame bait doesn't change that.

Glad Olbermann and Schultz could lend a hand to Grayson's last ditch ad. :lamo

REPORT: More than 30 Fox Newsers support GOP in 600-plus instances during midterms | Media Matters for America

Fred Barnes, Fox News contributor
Glenn Beck, host of Fox News' Glenn Beck
Eric Bolling, host of Fox Business' Follow the Money
John Bolton, Fox News contributor
Tammy Bruce, Fox News contributor
Elaine Chao, Fox News contributor
Monica Crowley, Fox News contributor
Mike Gallagher, Fox News contributor
Newt Gingrich, Fox News contributor
Sean Hannity, host of Fox News' Hannity
Mike Huckabee, host of Fox News' Huckabee and Twentieth Television's The Huckabee Show
David Hunt, Fox News contributor
Laura Ingraham, Fox News contributor
John Kasich, former host and contributor
Brian Kilmeade, co-host of Fox News' Fox & Friends and host of Fox News Radio's Kilmeade & Friends
William Kristol, Fox News contributor
Michelle Malkin, Fox News contributor
KT McFarland, Fox News national security analyst and host of FoxNews.com's DEFCON 3
Angela McGlowan, Fox News contributor
Dennis Miller, Fox News contributor
Dick Morris, Fox News contributor
Rupert Murdoch, CEO and chairman of News Corp., parent company of Fox News
Andrew Napolitano, Fox News senior judicial analyst and host of Fox Business' Freedom Watch
Sarah Palin, Fox News contributor and host of Fox News' Real American Stories
Dana Perino, Fox News contributor
Dave Ramsey, listed Fox Business personality and former host of Fox Business' The Dave Ramsey Show (through June)
Sandy Rios, Fox News contributor
Karl Rove, Fox News contributor
Rick Santorum, Fox News contributor
Doug Schoen, Fox News contributor
Andrea Tantaros, Fox News contributor
Stuart Varney, Fox News contributor and host of Fox Business' Varney & Co.

This is starting to sound like a "my list is longer than your list" thread. Something more suitable to a high school school yard.

This is starting to sound like a "my list is longer than your list" thread. Something more suitable to a high school school yard.
The argument being made is "your side does it too" which is more like grammer school. And bull****.

The argument being made is "your side does it too" which is more like grammer school. And bull****.

No, the argument I made (since I started this thread) was two fold. First, it was to see if you would attack MSNBC like you did Fox for doing the same thing (only a hell of a lot more of it) and as I expected, you didn't. Second, it was to point out that liberal talkers interview liberals, just like conservative talkers interview conservatives... SO FRICKIN WHAT?

No, the argument I made (since I started this thread) was two fold. First, it was to see if you would attack MSNBC like you did Fox for doing the same thing (only a hell of a lot more of it) and as I expected, you didn't. Second, it was to point out that liberal talkers interview liberals, just like conservative talkers interview conservatives... SO FRICKIN WHAT?

You named this thread: ' Is There Collusion Between Alan Grayson and MSNBC?" And I say emphatically NO! Just saying he's been on 62 times is not proof of anything and is just pure stupidity. I hate to see you on jury duty with evidence like that. Please let me know when you see anything like the following on MSNBC, then you'll have something. But you won't because they don't do stuff like that.

John Kasich on President Obama's $800 Billion Mistake | FoxNews.com

Thursday, October 14, 2010

John Kasich on President Obama's $800 Billion Mistake | Hannity

With: Sean Hannity

Special Guests | John Kasich

Know why there are no threads asking "Is there collusion between Fox News and the Republican Party?" Because for there to be "collusion," there would have to be two separate entities. You have one cable news network that stages events for Republicans, lies for them, and gets its scripts straight from the Party; you have another (CNN) whose election "coverage" mainly consists of giving Republicans free airtime to lie; and then you have MSNBC, a business that was dragged kicking and screaming (and not always convincingly) into RE-organizing its programming around a center-left audience when FNC beat it out for the radical right (a coveted advertising demographic, because they believe everything they're told and have plenty of money to waste). The "liberal media" is as nonexistent as the "International Jewish Conspiracy" that the right used to rely on as its bugaboo.

Last edited:
You named this thread: ' Is There Collusion Between Alan Grayson and MSNBC?"

I named the thread after the title of the article, not based on my personal beliefs or conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom