• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is there anyway to challenge the moderators to an official debate?

Mensch

Mr. Professional
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I read something about it on DP, but I have yet to seen any "official" debate.

There used to be a true debate section on the forum, where the debating was between only 2 people and more formalized. If the mod you want to debate is game, it could probably be arranged.

I like this idea, we should be able to debate people of our choosing too, then people vote for a winner. I'll take on all of you.

I read something about it on DP, but I have yet to seen any "official" debate.

When you say "moderators", are you taklking about challenging the moderation here or some political topic. If a political topic, why do you single out moderators?

There used to be a true debate section on the forum, where the debating was between only 2 people and more formalized. If the mod you want to debate is game, it could probably be arranged.

Great! Would there be a time limit?

When you say "moderators", are you taklking about challenging the moderation here or some political topic. If a political topic, why do you single out moderators?

Because as a libertarian, I would like to challenge the authority figures. :)

Strictly political.

This is an important question. If the topic of the debate is moderation, then no, we cannot do this. However, if you wanted to challenge some one to debate a topic, you can create a thread in the appropriate section if they agree and ask that others do not post in it during the debate. However, I don't believe the moderation team will enforce that request.

Whatever you do, if you do try and debate some one like I described, PM them and get their agreement first, then create the thread.

Lastly, I am going to move this thread to the Feedback/Suggestions section of the board where questions like this belong. It is a good suggestion, and I would personally love to see some more formalized, and individual/small team debates.

Edit: you answered the first question already. I am such a slow typist...

Last edited:
And here is the link to the "appropriate section " if more people show an interest in this it just might get bumped up to where someone might use it.If it was where it was a couple of years ago there just might be less hacks on board if they see that someone might challenge them to a debate.

Battle Grounds and Disputations

He's worried about infraction points if he wins. :lamo He doesn't have to worry about that.

CC has a sign in his office that reads:

Rules of the forum

1) The mod is always right
2) If the mod is wrong, see Rule #1.

I wish American would challenge me to a one on one debate...

Back
Top Bottom