• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is there anyone here that believes Obama is telling the truth about the 400 [W:118]

Re: Is there anyone here that believes Obama is telling the truth about the 400 mill

In case you missed it, we live in an era of deep partisanship. Some people would be infuriated by Obama publicly stating that 2+2=4. My guess is that after 7 years, Obama is getting tired of that nonsense.

As noted, everything except a few details about the timing were openly discussed back in January.

So, it's not just you, but it is people like you, who are utterly incapable of describing anything Obama does as anything other than an outrage.

Obama is a dictator who doesn't like to answer to the people. He's arrogant and all knowing or at least in his own mind. America should be angry that this leader sold out our country for 400 million dollars. BTW, don't you even care to know why? Why such a secret? Why at night? Why in foreign currency? Why not on a government plane? Why, why, why? Look you may not want to believe it but not all leaders are good leaders. Not All words are truths. I don't know about you upbringing but my parents taught me if it sounds fishy and smells fishy, don't eat it. This is about the fishiest tale I've ever heard!

Re: Is there anyone here that believes Obama is telling the truth about the 400 mill

Ok in my angst to reply I clicked like. I don't like.

One can click it again to remove it.

What I wanted to say was Follow the yellow brick road or something else that summarizes your belief that this is all a coincidence. Btw, are you interested in buying some property I have for sale in Arizona? Lol

To claim that Obama wants to fund terrorism and doesn't care about hostages... is ****ing crazy. Bat guano tinfoil hat loony.

We haven't basically taken that stance since about forever? When have we really cared what the rest of the world has thought?

You are against abiding by the international agreements we make? Do you also think treaties should be used as toilet paper? Do you think such positions are good for the US?

You are against abiding by the international agreements we make? Do you also think treaties should be used as toilet paper? Do you think such positions are good for the US?

Again, when has this really not been the case when it didn't suit us?

Again, when has this really not been the case when it didn't suit us?

I don't know what cases to which you refer. The US abides by international agreements and treaties.

What about freeing Robert Levinson, whom the Iranians have been holding since they seized him on Kish Island in 2007? But the Iranian regime that is holding him is the same one which continues to harbor David Belfield, a black American now known as Daoud Salahuddin. In 1980, Belfield, posing as a postman, murdered a critic of Ruhollah Khomeinei named Akbar Tabatabai at his home in Maryland and then fled to Iran, where he has lived most of the time since. That is strong evidence Belfield was an assassin for the Khomeinist regime. Levinson was seized soon after he had met with Belfield. It's not clear what Levinson, a former FBI agent who almost certainly was working for the U.S. government, went to Kish Island to investigate.

Last edited:

Until I have evidence to the contrary...me (tentatively).

I guarantee you those that do not trust him are overwhelmingly Republican...which certainly does not give credence to their suspicions.

It makes little sense that Obama would give tons of dough AS WELL AS Iranian's for the hostages. Without the Iranian's in return? Then I would be doubtful. With them and knowing about the Iran monies held up for all those years after the hostage crisis...nope.

And I am no fan of Obama as POTUS and I do not trust either party at all.

What about freeing Robert Levinson, whom the Iranians have been holding since they seized him on Kish Island in 2007? But the Iranian regime that is holding him is the same one which continues to harbor David Belfield, a black American now known as Daoud Salahuddin. In 1980, Belfield, posing as a postman, murdered a critic of Ruhollah Khomeinei named Akbar Tabatabai at his home in Maryland and then fled to Iran. Levinson was seized soon after he had met with Belfield. It's not clear what Levinson, a former FBI agent who almost certainly was working for the U.S. government, went to Kish Island to investigate.

Why does it matter that he's black?

Why does it matter that he's black?

Why would you want to hide the fact Belfield is black? Only too bad Levinson's mission was not to kill the son of a bitch.

Why would you want to hide the fact Belfield is black? Only too bad Levinson's mission was not to kill the son of a bitch.

It's only hiding information if the information is pertinent. I'm asking why you think the information is pertinent.

DO I believe that there is no connection at all?

Of course not, I am not stupid.

I like how "waiting for a plane" turns into "waiting for ransom money". I saw Fox News do that this afternoon and laughed.
It seems like this should be easy enough to confirm or deny by releasing the exact times the prisoners were released and the money arrived.

It certainly appears to be a random payment from whats been reported so far and the administration has offered a very weak explination.

The only thing that raises doubt in my mind that it was what it appears to of been is i dont see what would motivate them to agree to pay a ransom fee for them. Not to be callous but i really dont think our gov really had a huge vested interest in getting them back.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Why is it relevant that it needed to be mentioned?

It seems like this should be easy enough to confirm or deny by releasing the exact times the prisoners were released and the money arrived.

Two possibilities:

1. Coincidence.
2. The Iranians were waiting for the money to arrive even though it was not ransom.

It certainly appears to be a random payment from whats been reported so far and the administration has offered a very weak explination.

Random? The money had been an issue for decades and the payment was announced in January.

The only thing that raises doubt in my mind that it was what it appears to of been is i dont see what would motivate them to agree to pay a ransom fee for them. Not to be callous but i really dont think our gov really had a huge vested interest in getting them back.

The government (which is not separate from the people in a democracy) proves a vested interest in freeing US hostages around the world via the time spent negotiating and conducting operations to free hostages. What the US does not do is pay ransoms.

According to one of the freed hostages, Obama is, indeed, a liar.

The hostage in the video was released in January... but the plane full of cash landed the other day. So how could it be the same plane?

Two possibilities:

1. Coincidence.
2. The Iranians were waiting for the money to arrive even though it was not ransom.

Random? The money had been an issue for decades and the payment was announced in January.

The government (which is not separate from the people in a democracy) proves a vested interest in freeing US hostages around the world via the time spent negotiating and conducting operations to free hostages. What the US does not do is pay ransoms.

The 3rd possibility is that it was a ransom payment. Imo it looks like it was one to me but without all the facts i wont sit hear and act like i know it was.

Autospell got me it should not of read random it should of read as ransom

Sure the gov tries to get back hostages when they can. They typically dont weaken their position to do so. Hostages are expendable

The hostage in the video was released in January... but the plane full of cash landed the other day. So how could it be the same plane?

What???

sigh...

Tell you what, Moot...before you talk to me, at least get up to speed on what you are talking about.

The plane full of cash DIDN'T land the other day. The other day is when the news about the whole deal was reported.

Jeeezuz Kerist!!!

The Obama administration secretly arranged a plane delivery of $400 million in cash on the same day Iran released four American prisoners and formally implemented the nuclear deal, US officials confirmed Wednesday.

US sent plane with $400 million in cash to Iran - CNNPolitics.com

Oh...and since this particular link is from CNN, you shouldn't have any trouble believing what you read, right?

I honestly don't know if the $400 million was simply something President Obama gave Iran to fund terrorism or if it was a ransom for the sailors. Either way he'd try and hide it.

I guess I don't really care, either. I understand how President Obama feels about America and we have to suffer for the rest of the year. Sadly, it looks like we'll also suffer for another four.

Just asking because to me I feel like he just arrogantly tried to sell ocean front property in Arizona and offered the Brooklyn bridge as s deal closer. Must just be me ?!?

Are you suggesting conspiracy was involved? That the public was not told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

I'm no Obama fan, but I'm all for peaceful and honest relations between the US and Iran. I see nothing wrong with this transaction. Certainly unusual with the large currency transaction, but diplomacy works in strange ways.

:shock:

:doh

I think you're going to regret divulging what you did in your comment Moot.

Just asking because to me I feel like he just arrogantly tried to sell ocean front property in Arizona and offered the Brooklyn bridge as s deal closer. Must just be me ?!?

Is there anyone here that believes Obama is telling the truth about the 400 million$
Absolutely ****ing not. It was ransom and I'm getting very tired of the "who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?" explanations.

Absolutely ****ing not. It was ransom and I'm getting very tired of the "who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?" explanations.

the sort of conclusion you get with a lack of education

the sort of conclusion you get with a lack of education
Plane lands with a few pallets of unmarked cash. Hostages get released.

This is the sort of conclusion that people reach when they apply Occam's razor. The release of the hostages was contingent upon the receipt of the money.

I believe he is telling the truth.

Back
Top Bottom