• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is there any valid reason for Obama to prevent US collectors access to Korean Garands

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
We have seen lots of attacks on Obama for his silly EO and the lies he has spewed justifying his idiotic decision. Rather than actually proffer a sound and logical argument in favor of this anti gun collector order, The Obama fan boys and girls tend to attack pro gun posters and claim that the order does not

1) destroy the ODCMP

2) take away currently owned guns

3) or is "legal"

yet I have yet to see a rational argument that this move by Obama is a proper response to a known problem

So this is the chance for the Obama supporters to post why this action was proper

Re: Is there any valid reason for Obama to prevent US collectors access to Korean Gar

I really want one of those M1s

Re: Is there any valid reason for Obama to prevent US collectors access to Korean Gar

I really want one of those M1s

I have several-some are service grade meaning they were in pretty good condition-one has all matching parts.

Three are rebuilt with new Criterian Barrels, new wood, etc. One, a kid I used to coach is using for WWII re-enactments along with one of those 150 dollar (25 years ago) reimports from Korea MI Carbines. we took it to the range figuring the barrel was going to be shot out and to our surprise, the Koreans have put a new Inland barrel on the Inland Receiver and it held 1.2 inches at 50 yards (which is pretty good for a MI carbine)

I have several-some are service grade meaning they were in pretty good condition-one has all matching parts.

Three are rebuilt with new Criterian Barrels, new wood, etc. One, a kid I used to coach is using for WWII re-enactments along with one of those 150 dollar (25 years ago) reimports from Korea MI Carbines. we took it to the range figuring the barrel was going to be shot out and to our surprise, the Koreans have put a new Inland barrel on the Inland Receiver and it held 1.2 inches at 50 yards (which is pretty good for a MI carbine)

Very nice, do you have any 1903s?

Very nice, do you have any 1903s?

None at all. I shot one of those as a kid at it beat the snot out of me. I might buy a nice sniper version if I can find one-the kid I mentioned had a really nice 98 Mauser though it was a Yugo

None at all. I shot one of those as a kid at it beat the snot out of me. I might buy a nice sniper version if I can find one-the kid I mentioned had a really nice 98 Mauser though it was a Yugo

darn it Turtle you suppose to be my supplier.

darn it Turtle you suppose to be my supplier.

I see a lot for sale but they are all very expensive-Miltech sells refurbished ones for close to 2K!

James River are a bit more realistic-under a thousand

The only reason for the EO was to try to save face after the Gun Control bill failed earlier this year.
My biggest problem was the fact that he LIED in the explaination of the EO.
None of these guns were destined for crime sprees, mass shootings, gang bangers or anyother criminal activity.
These are collectors item type wall hangers for the most part.
99% would have been bought by collectors and put in a safe.
These were "military grade" almost a hundred years ago.
Any of us can buy "military grade" AR15s with 30 round mags all day long. I have 2 just for fun.
So his "valid" reason was to do nothing but save face with the Newtown victims families.

It seems to me that Obama used up a lot of political capital for not much gain. If reimported obsolete worn out weapns are military grade, then our military is in trouble.

All the defense I have seen for this action centers around his right to do this. I have heard no one state this will actually prevent any crime. The action does tend to support those who don't believe that the anti 2nd supporters actually want "common sernse" gun laws.

Back
Top Bottom