• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is There a Recorded Miracle That You Truely Believe Happened?

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I have always been a little fascinated by the Fatima story (movie). I am not religious but for some reason that story always stuck in me. The story is with the three little girls that claim to have witnessed the Virgin Mary in the late 1800's or early 1900's. They all stuck to their stories until their deaths.

I have always been a little fascinated by the Fatima story (movie). I am not religious but for some reason that story always stuck in me. The story is with the three little girls that claim to have witnessed the Virgin Mary in the late 1800's or early 1900's. They all stuck to their stories until their deaths.

Every recorded miracle in the Bible truly happened.

Ironically, of all the miracle stories I have heard, the Fatima one has always seemed the least miraculous. I am not a big believer on prophecies, especially those released after the fact and are full of potential ambiguity making them maybe self-fulfilling under a wide range of circumstances.

Is this thread another disguised attack on religion? If so, it belongs in the Philosophical Discussion forum.

There are so many sites on the internet where the "Non religious" could find an answer to the question, why come here with a question that will invite others to ridicule whatever answers will be posted?

Why is it so difficult to simply leave those with faith alone?

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
This is the religious forum, so please observe the specific rule sets.

That said, it's also a thread upstairs with a topic. Stick to the topic and not random musings about the "non religious". If you don't like the topic, don't post in it. If you think it violates a rule, report it.

I thought immediately of Lourdes. Years ago I saw some Leonard Nimoy unsolved mysteries show about Bernadette's "uncorrupted" corpse, and that really is a mystery.

And I also thought about Juan Diego and Guadalupe. But then I Googled "documented miracles" and found this site: Top 10 Astonishing Miracles - Listverse

As far as I know, there is evidence of several large floods in the region that could have inspired the story of Noah, as well as other numerous flood myths in the same area. The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah are easily explained by volcanic eruptions.

It's quite easy for unexplained and usual things to happen, but they have explanations even when people don't know what they are. So, I'm sure that some of the supposed miracles happened, and the people writing about them attempted to explain them with their limited knowledge. Obviously, nothing magical happened.

As far as I know, there is evidence of several large floods in the region that could have inspired the story of Noah, as well as other numerous flood myths in the same area. The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah are easily explained by volcanic eruptions.

It's quite easy for unexplained and usual things to happen, but they have explanations even when people don't know what they are. So, I'm sure that some of the supposed miracles happened, and the people writing about them attempted to explain them with their limited knowledge. Obviously, nothing magical happened.

I'm a Christian and I agree with you. I would hate to think God uses parlor tricks to make his point.

As a Catholic, one is not required to believe in any miracles after the last apostle died. Public revelation is complete to that point and nothing else is needed for salvation.

The miracles recorded in the Bible truly happened.

There are miracles that happen all the time inside The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. As long as there is faith on the earth, God is a god of miracles and is the same today as He was in the Biblical days.

Miracles do happen every day...and outside of church and to secularists too.

Back to the OP, aren't Lourdes, Guadalupe, and Fatima generally accepted?

Those wouldn't be miracles, those would be natural phenomenon interpreted as miracles.

The one miracle I'm definately commited to is the ressurection of Jesus, the others some I accept others I'm agnostic on, others I don't think are miracles.

Not sure if that counts, but I believe there happened many miracles: Whenever a divine prophet appeared and inspired, changed the hearts of his new followers, giving them a new life. Or when an individual is touched by God and gains a new life. It happens every day! :)

You may explain such examples psychologically or socially, but I don't think they're less amazing miracles because of that.

Back
Top Bottom