• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is there a doctor in the forum?

EMNofSeattle

No Russian ever called me deplorable
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
probably the last place I should be seeking some medical advice, but I got attacked by some form of illness a couple of days ago, it start just regular sore throat, last night though was the worst night I've had in a long time. I was in flannel long johns under three fleece blankets and couldn't stay warm. wet hacking cough, unable to keep any food down, other then crackers and chicken broth.

It seems like a flu almost, but in the middle of August?

Anyone got some ideas or home remedies here?

probably the last place I should be seeking some medical advice, but I got attacked by some form of illness a couple of days ago, it start just regular sore throat, last night though was the worst night I've had in a long time. I was in flannel long johns under three fleece blankets and couldn't stay warm. wet hacking cough, unable to keep any food down, other then crackers and chicken broth.

I'm not a doctor, but I used to play one in combat zones - retired combat medic.

If not for this starting with a sore throat, I'd ask you if you've been to Central or South America in the last few months and tell you it sounds like you may need some gamma globulin or maybe even some Qualaquin pills (quinine sulfate).

But, it sounds like you may have a very bad case of Streptococcus and if so, you need to get to a doctor for a broad spectrum antibiotic. Strep can cause sterility and other bad things, so if I were you I would go to the doctor and if they don't do a "rapid strep test" I would ask for one. If it is strep, the cough and the sore stomach are from the puss drainage down your throat and windpipe.

Go to a doc-in-a-box clinic or the Emergency Room immediately instead of waiting to see your normal doctor if your fever goes above 101.5 degrees, which it sounds like it did last night. So, get to a doctor soon.

I hope you feel better.

Last edited:
I'm not a doctor, but I used to play one in combat zones - retired combat medic.

If not for this starting with a sore throat, I'd ask you if you've been to Central or South America in the last few months and tell you it sounds like you may need some gamma globulin or maybe even some Qualaquin pills (quinine sulfate).

But, it sounds like you may have a very bad case of Streptococcus and if so, you need to get to a doctor for a broad spectrum antibiotic. Strep can cause sterility and other bad things, so if I were you I would go to the doctor and if they don't do a "rapid strep test" I would ask for one.

Go to a doc-in-a-box clinic or the Emergency Room immediately instead of waiting to see your normal doctor if your fever goes above 101.5 degrees, which it sounds like it did last night. So, get to a doctor soon.

I hope you feel better.
very well Ill go down to urgent care tommorow morning.

not feeling as bad now, last night i was seriously considering waking up my brother and having him drive me to the ER.....

now I'm at least able to sleep

very well Ill go down to urgent care tommorow morning.

not feeling as bad now, last night i was seriously considering waking up my brother and having him drive me to the ER.....

now I'm at least able to sleep

That's good. You may just have an acute case of bronchitis from a sinus infection that's making your throat sore, and draining into your lungs and stomach. But if it is, it's a real bad one. I'm still leaning toward strep. Either way, you'll need antibiotics.

I'm almost wondering which is worse: Asking for health advice on a debate forum thereby not getting nearly enough information, or going to webmd where you can only conclude that you're going to die in a week?

My wife works in a big office in Seattle, first week of May She brought home and gave to me a bug that was the worse I have ever had. This sucker had been running around her office for weeks already by that point and let me tell you it laid me out for almost a full week. I was not right for two weeks after that. It started with sneezing for most of a day one day, I was doing work outside and was not feeling right but I thought it was my meds or maybe dehydration, which happens to be because of the drugs I am on. At the end of the day I was exhausted but did not think much of it. Next morning I knew that I had what my wife had: sore joints, a minor sore throat that was turning into a major sore throat, bad cough. I could eat but I did not really feel like food. For the next three days after that I was not eating, I was drinking Diet Sprite but keeping it down was a challenge. I did almost nothing but lay around and try to read stuff like OK! MAG....for two day I was even too exhausted to come here and argue with Y'all.

But I had a dry cough, went through almost 2 bottles of Robitussin CF.

Mighty bugs running around at strange times of the year....

You know what that means:

GLOBAL WARMING!

:crazy3:

Last edited:
I'm almost wondering which is worse: Asking for health advice on a debate forum thereby not getting nearly enough information, or going to webmd where you can only conclude that you're going to die in a week?

The sad thing is, I dislike doctors, for no good reason. I just don't like going to hospitals and the whole thing. I'm almost at the level where if I'm not throwing up blood or haven't been shot I don't want to go to the ER, I'd rather sleep it off.. Everytime I'm sick in theory I should see a doctor, but I don't want to and if I look up my symptoms on the internet I'll be fretting over worst case scenario.

Which is what I ended up doing on this occasion. I just spent a second day laid up in bed reading old Jack Reacher novels and studying algebra.

now I'm better.

Back
Top Bottom