• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IS THERE A CONNECTION BETWEEN CHINA AND smithfield foods smithfield va?

That has nothing to do with outsourcing or trade deficits, or the strength of American companies abroad.

Going bankrupt because of medical bills has nothing to do with whether or not you are a "strong American."

Some people go bankrupt because they are irresponsible. Many go bankrupt because of circumstances beyond their control, in which case the individual should not be the subject of moral censure.

If you're talking government debts, which again really have nothing to do with trade deficits or foreign purchases of domestic companies, then it doesn't matter. All that matters is that we can pay the tab.

In the short term, that's not a problem at all. In the long term, the issues are demographic, and have nothing to do with a Chinese company buying a US pork producer.

Bankruptcy laws governing individuals were tightened in 2005.

If you're referring to TARP, you appear to be rather uninformed.

We're doing fine. In fact, foreign investment in the US is actually a good thing in this respect, because it indicates that people outside the US have faith in those businesses, and in American capabilities.

What you need to worry about is when foreigners don't want to invest in the US.

Tax revenues are up

Government debt doesn't say anything about the health of international corporations based in the US

Making cheap stuff like socks and TV's. The US makes high-end high-value equipment.

Not so much, when you adjust for inflation.

And what does it matter? If it's cheaper to build it in North America, it'll get built here.

Depends on the product. Some of it can be very advanced (e.g. LCD screens), some isn't (e.g. socks).

That was then. This is now:

Well what has it to do with the strenght of American companies in America , cause more than one has been or is in financial trouble.

If an American starts a small business and goes bankrupt because of bad decisions no bailout.
If a big corporation gets in a little financial trouble they get money from government taxpayers WHY?

We can pay the tab ?
Uhh the tab if 15 trillion , plus a chunk of change to IOU'S to foreign nations .
Now I have some money but nothing close to that so unless you got something in your pocket we can't pay that tab.

Yeah people keep saying I'm uninformed but when 740 million goes to pay off private corporations debts , or when a certain company in Iraq gets 97 billion from wmds's that weren't there, a smoking gun that was cold and a mushroom cloud that turned out to be dust all with taxpayer money WELL?
I don't think I'm that far off.

I don't think so according to both Republicans and Democrats we don't have enough Tax Revenue, if we did we wouldn't need budget cuts or salary cuts for public workers..

Debt is debt you owe one you pay, as for the international corporation based in America , they don't bother me but they should bother American corporations because they are losing consumers.

Perhaps America does make high end products , made by foreign labor in a foreign country,.
So what does American corporation offer the common American consumer?
Jobs NO OUTSOURCE
More taxes NO THEY GET PAID FOR PAYING TAXES
Less budget cuts NO
Lower prices NO gas prices went up again.
So what do they have to offer nothing yet expect loyalty "be patriotic by American" left with the jobs .

The American people were told by American corporations that outsourcing would bring lower prices , inflation is not a low price it's going the other way.

Well the T'v's sold in Walmart are made in the far east with far east labels . not so much in American labels.

Care to compare the economy then in America until now in America, care to compare imports then to imports now, care to compare to the debt then to the debt now , of course then you paid your debt you did not sit on it.:peace

Now there's a rumor going around saying China wants to buy Smithfield foods..
If this deal goes through or not I can not say.
However I do know that the Chinese have failed on health regulations concerning pork in the past.

As a matter of fact some pet food from China was not good..

I remember when the Japanese started buying a lot stuff in America they left.

However this ain't the Japanese this is the Chinese they might not be so quick to leave they might want to stay.

It is one thing to trust electrical such as T.V'S, cellphones computers to foreign nations but to trust our food to a nation that is known for breaking health food issues?

Ladies and Gentlemen I await your views or comments on this subject.:peace

Smithfield has had difficulty getting into the Chinese market (large consumers of pork). So the buyout makes sense, since it's not merely a strong player, but will become far stronger with a China connection.

Smithfield has had difficulty getting into the Chinese market (large consumers of pork). So the buyout makes sense, since it's not merely a strong player, but will become far stronger with a China connection.

Maybe China will become the stronger over Smithfield foods , after all business is business .:peace

Maybe China will become the stronger over Smithfield foods , after all business is business .:peace

I doubt it. They like pork (I do too) and will buy it with or without the Smithfield Food acquisition by a Chinese pork producer.

I doubt it. They like pork (I do too) and will buy it with or without the Smithfield Food acquisition by a Chinese pork producer.

Chrysler said pretty much the same thing you know who owns controlling stock in their company don't you.

Who's paying for those FIAT commercials?:peace

Back
Top Bottom