• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the "you in" a good political ad from the Libertarian party?

Is this a good ad?

• Total voters

cpgrad08

American
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

Do you guys think this a good and effective ad?

I think it is. I have shown it a few family members and has at least got to think about voting third party this election.

I think it is. I have shown it a few family members and has at least got to think about voting third party this election.

Excellent ad.

Not a chance I'm voting Libertarian, but yes, it was a well made ad.

That is a good ad. Won't be enough, but it was good.

Is it a well made ad? Yes. Do I believe any of it? No. Oh, I think they mean it but they're never going to get anything done if, by some miracle, they ever got into office.

That's definitely a good advert.

Very effective, I just posted it on my FB page. :thumbs:

Good ad but fails to mention important distincions between state and federal government responsibilities. I don't like general talking points like "cut taxes and ran a surplus" - are we to believe that either state (AZ or MA) actually ended up with a lower (per capita) state budget? New Mexico is far from a "small government" state in its per capita spending and MA is not frugal either. Based on those talking points the governors of AZ or NH would slaughter them in a state budgeting "frugality" comparison.

https://ballotpedia.org/New_Mexico_state_budget_and_finances

https://ballotpedia.org/Massachusetts_state_budget_and_finances

EDIT: It was an effective ad as it caused me to examine NM and MA state (per capita) spending which then made me doubt their claims of having run a frugal "small government" state.

Last edited:

I love it. I wish they had the big buck to show that ad on national TV.

Is it a well made ad? Yes. Do I believe any of it? No. Oh, I think they mean it but they're never going to get anything done if, by some miracle, they ever got into office.

So you think we are going to build a $50 billion dollar wall or get a $15 minimum wage?

"As a Republican, I was reelected by my Democrat state in a landslide". Ummmmm, no thanks. So no, I'm not in.

I detest advertising .. all advertising . a total lack of truth and honesty rule the day ..

It's a good ad for those who think. For those who go with emotion, get excited by a loudmouth or have a tingling in one of their legs, it won't do it.

If you are the kind of person who likes to chant with 1,000 others, "Trump, Trump, Trump," to sound like jackboots on the pavement. You wouldn't like the ad.

If you like Lena Dunham's ad saying voting for Barack Obama for the first time was like getting screwed for the first time, you wouldn't like their ad.

And they were right. They've been there and done something they can be proud of. Donald Trump has done nothing he could be proud of if he had any ethics, honor, sense of decency, and any concern for others. He shares with Sen. Clinton a guiding principle of, "If the money's there I do not care."

I liked the ad and I like the ticket.

It was a very good ad. I won't be voting for them, but it was a good ad. Though it just reminds me that I think the ticket would be better if it was reversed.

So you think we are going to build a $50 billion dollar wall or get a $15 minimum wage?

I would bet on the unfunded mandate over the forced "gift" from Mexico. ;)

One must remember that 15.3% of every paycheck (up to about $110K) goes directly to the federal government as SS/Medicare payroll taxation, thus a mandated pay increase is a also a mandated tax increase.

"You in?"
"Cahm Ahnn!"

LOL. Yeah it was a good ad.

Why do the networks get to set the polling percentages at an arbitrary 15% to let a third party candidate onto the debate stage? Is the country better off by having the networks dictate that 12-13% isn't enough, but 15% is enough?

It's certainly a lot more likely, seeing as both parties have a lot of supporters already in Congress. Libertarians do not because they don't actually try to get people at the lower rungs elected. There isn't a ready support base in Congress for anything they might want to do.

I would bet on the unfunded mandate over the forced "gift" from Mexico. ;)

One must remember that 15.3% of every paycheck (up to about $110K) goes directly to the federal government as SS/Medicare payroll taxation, thus a mandated pay increase is a also a mandated tax increase.

Of course. That's why liberals like it. They certainly don't care about poor people.

Years ago, the feds changed the FLSA rules--not the law, just the rules--and said all over-time had to be paid. At our police department, the officers voted unanimously to keep the option of pay or comp time. Because of shift work, court time, training time, and inadequate staffing officers get a lot of overtime.

I called Washington. I finally got someone in labor and ask if the employees wanted the option of pay or time could we honor their wish. No. I tried explaining. No. Finally I said, "I just realized. You make money on overtime pay but you don't tax comp time." Bingo.

When the complaints came rolling in the "rules" changed again.

It's an excellent ad. And it makes me want to cry thinking about those 2 other pieces of excrement being the "top" candidates, while 2 great men like Johnson and Weld are relegated to second class citizenry in this election.

Meh. Seems like a political ad that is mostly by white guys, of white guys, and for white guys. I'll pass.

Still, Johnson is a much better candidate than Trump. But my neighbor's dog would be a better candidate than Trump.

Back
Top Bottom