• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the White Male Under Attack?

C

caryn4freedom

The topic of reverse discrimination has been an extremely controversial and difficult to debate. Many of us have heard whispers here and there about the injustices that affirmative action laws have done to non-minority groups, when quite honestly, there should be a roar. Why is this?

Fear. The liberal media has taken to calling anyone who might call for ACTUAL color-blind equal opportunity as racist and bigoted, or those who disapprove of more qualified men being passed over for promotions in place of women, just to meet quota, as misogynists. There seems no ability to sit down and have a logical debate about the effectiveness of these laws. The minorities in favor use irrelevant emotional arguments and anyone who points it out is written off as a bigot.

Let me point out that anyone who is alive today to have seen the remnants of slavery was not old enough at the time to have actually owned slaves. As a white female whose American lineage can be traced as far back as the time of the revolution, I can honestly say there is a good chance that someone in my ancestry had a part in slavery. And yet I certainly don’t give my racially mixed family members more chores to do when they visit my home! My sons don’t have a racist bone in their body, and their girlfriends are very intelligent, strong willed young women.

Seeing as the only strong argument I ever hear in favor of affirmative action is due to all of the harm “we” have caused minorities, why is it my sons, who have never done anything to harm these groups, are being passed over for scholarships while their half-Hispanic cousin has a free ride to college? My nephew is no dummy, but neither are my boys. They have all been at about the same level of ability, grades, and extracurricular activities, yet because of the color of their skin, I have to go into debt to give them an opportunity to succeed in life. Then entering the workforce, they have to contend with racial quotas. Author Dr. DeFelice mentions in his book, “Attack on the White Male and the Weakening of America”, that colleges consistently hold “diversity days” and fail to invite white males! For any who have failed to get their hands on this book yet, you can find more information at doctordefelice.com

I truly dream of a world where I am not asked my racial background on every legal document I sign. I dream of a world where competition and greater skill choose our leaders for tomorrow, and not the amount of melanin in our skin or the nature of our genitals.

Discrimination is wrong. To try to make right the injustices done to minorities by doing injustices to people of a majority is ridiculous, and someone needs to stand up for the white male and demand freedom from discrimination. Women outnumber men. And minority groups, when combined into one, outnumber whites. If all of the minority groups get together and fight for this legalized discrimination, who becomes the minority?

No I feel pretty safe as a white man.

mcdonald-hit.jpg

sure looks like it.

Last edited:
The topic of reverse discrimination has been an extremely controversial and difficult to debate.

oh, lord... again.

firstly, the reverse of racism is non-racism, not a different kind of racism.
Many of us have heard whispers here and there about the injustices that affirmative action laws have done to non-minority groups, when quite honestly, there should be a roar. Why is this?
because only an admitted racist would say it OUt LOUD. affirmative action laws, particularly in education, have done more to elevate the status of minorities since the Civil Rights act of 1954.

according to a report from the U.S. Labor Department, affirmative action has helped 5 million minority members and 6 million White and minority women move up in the workforce (source: Reverse discrimination of whites is rare, labor study reports. New York Times, 1995, March 31).

A study sponsored by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs showed that between 1974 and 1980 federal contractors (who were required to adopt affirmative action goals) added Black and female officials and managers at twice the rate of noncontractors (source:Citizens' Commission on Civil Rights. 1984)

Fear. The liberal media ...
bunk.

that no one alive now owned slaves is irrelevant. the notion that whites suffer disproportionately as are result of AA is just nonsense. According to the Commerce Dept report. . . even if every unemployed Black worker in the United States were to displace a White worker, only 1% of Whites would be affected
My sons don’t have a racist bone in their body, and their girlfriends are very intelligent, strong willed young women.
I will skip over the questions of how your sons share a single body and respond that how anyone feels about minorities is not the issue.

How one feels, what what thinks... who gives a damn? it is what we DO that matters. That we have always employed and educated white males in numbers greatly disproportionate to women and minorities is patently obvious.

If we go right on not hating black and brown people without altering our very obvious preferences, black and brown people will continue to be disproportionately misrepresented in education and employment.
Seeing as the only strong argument I ever hear in favor of affirmative action is due to all of the harm “we” have caused minorities, why is it my sons, who have never done anything to harm these groups, are being passed over for scholarships while their half-Hispanic cousin has a free ride to college?
because it almost certainly is not true. Most affirmative action programs stipulate preferences for minorities and women when the qualification are equal. Only a small percentage provide for preferences where the minority candidate is less qualified.

deFelice is one more paranoid, pissed off, paleo-conservative white male who resents the loss of his own PRIVILEGED status. He believes we were a better nation in the good old 1950's.... before all that civil rights stuff that upset everything:
“America’s a great country. . . And up until the ’50s, its founding fathers were functioning in a freedom system with the white male mentality — aggressive, competitive, not afraid to go to war and tough — that made America competitive....Every time you make a new law, you take away a right,”
- Stephen DeFelice

yup... he is one of those gaining courage from the emerging right wing who openly oppose the civil rights act of 1964. He disdains the idea that you can correct social evils with laws... like, say, the 14th amendment.
"you can’t hire the ones you want; you have to hire who they tell you. Diversity means you have fewer white guys. You’re taking the intellectual capital out of the financial industry.”
- Stephen DeFelice

perfect. white guys = intellect.
I truly dream of a world ....
nice.... take the words of a man who gave his life for racial justice and employ them in an attempt to reverse his life's work.
Discrimination is wrong.
no, it is not. we do it all the time. when you choose Coke over Dr Pepper, you discriminate. You discriminated in your selection of your wife as a life partner. discrimination is an important facility of anyone who expects to make good choices.

it is the basis for the discrimination that qualifies it. had you married your wife for her money, THAT might be said to be a questionable discrimination. if your refused to marry a woman you loved deeply because you didn't have the guts to link you lot with a latina THAT too would have said something. but you employ discrimination either way.
To try to make right the injustices done to minorities by doing injustices to people of a majority is ridiculous, and someone needs to stand up for the white male and demand freedom from discrimination.
this is a misunderstanding. that is not what affirmative action programs are tying to achieve. you cannot right injustices done in the past. you CAN correct injustices in our current culture. that without specific steps taken to avoid it, racial, sexual and religious minorities suffer in employment and education is simply true. a level playing ground has to be maintained. it will not happen by itself.

we do not need color blindness. color is great. i love it.

no, what we need is to stop treating everyone who did not have the good fortune to be born white and male as lesser humans. and if we need to make it a conscious effort, then that is what we should do.

geo.

Affirmitive Action is legalized discrimination. At the time it was put into place it was needed but now its not. Nobody should get special treatment because of their gender or race.

...someone needs to stand up for the white male and demand freedom from discrimination.

Got ya covered.

7aa3172b-cbaa-48c9-91a7-4d05c62ee000.jpg

No offense dude, but the "white man" has been claiming he is under attack for decades. If it wasn't the Jews...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6229070629122885245#

...then it as the blacks, or the homosexuals, or the illegal immigrants.

Has there been a group that hasn't been after the "white man"?

Nobody is fooled anymore. The "white man" just says he is under attack so he can justify attacking others.

Last edited:
Affirmitive Action is legalized discrimination. At the time it was put into place it was needed but now its not. Nobody should get special treatment because of their gender or race.

???

so, it was okay to discriminate before but not now? what has changed? minorities are now proportionately represented in employment and education? gee... i musta missed something.

geo.

It was never okay to discriminate.

Obama became president and Eminem became one of the best rappers to ever live.

While there's still racist douchebags out there things are pretty equal these days as far as race goes.

Socio-economic discrimination is more rampid of a problem these days.

I'm advocating equality for all.

Mods, this is a spam thread. There is an identical one at political crossfire that was locked almost immediately. Notice, it's the first one the guy made.

good catch.

geo.

things are pretty equal these days as far as race goes.
I BEG you to show this to be true.
Socio-economic discrimination is more. . .of a problem these days.
dunno about more... the whole problem of race and economics is, ya see... whom you find at the bottom of the socio-economic strata.

minorities.

i will agree though, that prograns directed at leveling us economically without a specifically racial entitlement is a fine idea. The result would be the same. because... well... you know who would benefit most?
I'm advocating equality for all.

fine with me.
geo.

You really believe minorities are the only ones in the hood? I'm mixed with so much **** I check "other" on forms. But my don't feel my white appearance gave me any advantage over other citizens.

I definitely see where you're coming from with your opinion.

I just question if AA is really necessary in today's society.

The best canidate should get the job, scholorships etc etc.

I do give the NAACP some credit though as they do give Whites and Latinos scholorships from time to time. Although I hate Al Sharpton as he is a racist.

At the same time I feel AA holds back the people its supposed to help and has unintended consequences.

The topic of reverse discrimination has been an extremely controversial and difficult to debate. Many of us have heard whispers here and there about the injustices that affirmative action laws have done to non-minority groups, when quite honestly, there should be a roar. Why is this?

It sounds to me that the "White Male" is being a whiney female-dog. Originally only wealth white men could vote, now things in the Governemnt are more equal.

End of thread.

White people (like me!) have had four thousand years of prosperity. I'm fairly sure we are still at the top of our game. Don't cry...

It sounds to me that the "White Male" is being a whiney female-dog. Originally only wealth white men could vote, now things in the Governemnt are more equal.

End of thread.

White people (like me!) have had four thousand years of prosperity. I'm fairly sure we are still at the top of our game. Don't cry...

Dude, it's SPAM! Let it go!

You really believe minorities are the only ones in the hood?
No, of course not. I am not black and I grew up in the neighborhood. but black and brown folk are disproportionatley (ya missed that word, it seems) represented in da 'hood, yo.

At the same time I feel AA holds back the people its supposed to help and has unintended consequences.

well, of course, your FEELINGS are very important as a means of determining policy, no matter what those damned eggheads with their studies and analyses think.

'scuse me... i gotta go squash a bug,
geo.

"I'm a white male, ages 18-49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are!"

- Homer Simpson

I'd add more but this thread really isn't worthy of serious discussion :D

Oh gooody..

... another whiny thread about us "poor downtrodden white guys." Sometimes I'm almost ashamed to be one, especially when I read crap like this.

Mods, this is a spam thread. There is an identical one at political crossfire that was locked almost immediately. Notice, it's the first one the guy made.

Political Crossfire Forums :: View topic - Is the White Male Under Attack?

It's spam, ignore it.

Moderator's Warning:
If you have a problem with a thread and think it is spam, please use the report button, and not talk about it in thread. Whatever the intent of starting this thread, it has provided some good jokes and a bit of discussion and is not violating any rules(yet).

C'mon dude, the exact same post was posted on PC and it was locked, it's spam. This is out of this world, I am told to report spam posts, so I do. THIS POST WAS REPORTED AND NOT REMOVED. I warn the members not to get all uptight over something posted by a bot and I GET A WARNING?

WTF dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea, tell me the moderating here isn't biased. I don't see a conservative moderator giving me a warning about letting members know that a post is spam, but sure as **** a liberal one will.

Nah, the moderating here isn't biased! LOL What a joke.

Fine, no more reporting from me. I'm not a ****ing moderator, find the **** yourself. I'm tired of this ****.

Last edited:
No, of course not. I am not black and I grew up in the neighborhood. but black and brown folk are disproportionatley (ya missed that word, it seems) represented in da 'hood, yo.

well, of course, your FEELINGS are very important as a means of determining policy, no matter what those damned eggheads with their studies and analyses think.

'scuse me... i gotta go squash a bug,
geo.

Public policy should not be based on anybody's feelings.

I simply gave an opinion.

If it is indeed still necessary than keep it in place.

There's nothing wrong in discussing the issue though. Granted the OP went a bit extreme.

You really believe minorities are the only ones in the hood? I'm mixed with so much **** I check "other" on forms. But my don't feel my white appearance gave me any advantage over other citizens.

I definitely see where you're coming from with your opinion.

I just question if AA is really necessary in today's society.

The best canidate should get the job, scholorships etc etc.

I do give the NAACP some credit though as they do give Whites and Latinos scholorships from time to time. Although I hate Al Sharpton as he is a racist.

It gave us Sonja Sotameyor (spelling) She bragged about AA getting her into college though her grades weren't that great at the time. Makes you wonder who didn't get in and who may have been confirmed to the SCOTUS instead.
It's time everyone was treated as equal as in we all have equal opportunity to succeed. No discrimination or privilege due to the color of your skin.

Back
Top Bottom