• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the US a Christian Nation? [W:73]

Re: Is the US a Christian Nation?

It is hard for me to contemplate Jimmah Carter's thoughts on anything. He is a smart man, but bless his heart, he is misguided.

I think that the majority of the ppl in the USA are, at least nominally, Christian. So yes, it is a Christian nation but freedom of religion means that it isn't enshrined.

Jesus wasn't a hippie by the way.

Jesus wasn't a hippie but He was/is a liberal when it came to social issues.

Just because most of the people consider themselves to be Christian, that does NOT mean that the United States is a Christian nation. The government is secular.

THe constitution says we are not. But, many in the US argue that we are indeed a Christian nation.

I tend to agree with Jimmy Carter's opinion.

10306310_890447187647460_2706602008460364701_n.jpg
Name one person anywhere who says they don't want tax dollars going to help the poor ?

Another liberal strawman. Jimmy ,please go away you doddering olld fool . Or else go help upir Hamas buddies- they can use a few human shields. :)

Name one person anywhere who says they don't want tax dollars going to help the poor ?

Another liberal strawman. Jimmy ,please go away you doddering olld fool . Or else go help upir Hamas buddies- they can use a few human shields. :)
:roll:
GOP memo says SNAP cuts will stand - Bill Tomson - POLITICO.com
House GOP To Shift Defense Cuts To Poverty Programs
Oh SNAP, veterans get dissed by the GOP - The Washington Post
Paul Ryan calls for cuts to anti-poverty programs in GOP budget - Los Angeles Times

You realize less money to certain programs does not equal a desire to not have tax dollars going to help the poor as an absolute statement, yes?

Uh, show me where the money being cut from all those programs is directed to anything benefiting the poor. I eagerly await to see this one.

Uh, show me where the money being cut from all those programs is directed to anything benefiting the poor. I eagerly await to see this one.

Why would I show you something to satisfy another strawman.

That money could get flushed down a goddamn toilet, it still doesn't change the fact that links to reductions (not outright removal) in funds of SOME programs do not equate to being against "tax dollars going to the poor" in a general sense.

Let me explain this in another way, which I'm sure you'll ignore and strawman against anyways...

Someone pointing out instances where some liberals want to cut certain portions of the military budget doesn't prove that liberals don't want tax dollars going to the military.

Similarly, pointing out instances where some conservatives want to curt certain portions of the budgets for programs that help the poor doesn't prove that conservatives don't want tax dollars going to the military.

What it shows is some people not wanting AS much money going to SPECIFIC instances under the overall umbrella that's being talked about.

LOL- doesn't your back get sore from digging up those goal posts and moving them?

LOL- doesn't your back get sore from digging up those goal posts and moving them?

Whose moving? I showed tax money being yanked out from under the feet of the poor. Time for you to show how it's not so, Joe.

Groann- that's the best you could do? None of those people said they didn't want any tax dollars going to the poor. They only called for limits.

Yeah. "limits." :lol:

It may not be spelled out in the constitution but it is spelled out in the Treaty of Tripoli:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,..."

Treaty of Tripoli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cue the 'treaty was mistranslated' or 'the treaty signed by the muslims doesn't contain those words' or some such variation.

The point is the version passed unanimously by the Senate DID have those words.

Which does a great job disproving anyone suggesting the GOVERNMENT of the United States is officially "Founded no Christian Religion" or anyone who contorts "Nation" to mean the government of the USA and not referring to the people...

How does one misinterpret that when it's spelled out in plain English? At least you know what to expect! Cheers

Back
Top Bottom