• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the stage being set for WW3?

With the current political " tensions" rising in the Middle East, could we possibly be headed for WW3?
Could the destabilization of military powers in the middle east be more than just a random domino effect?
How have the people of such oppressive regimes risen strong, united, organized, and most importantly where did they get their training from? How did they become such strong fighters? Do you just become a fighter when there is something to fight for? Is it in our nature to operate firearms, rockets and tanks? Are we headed for war or have we been tricked into creating it? How could the international community ignore what's going on in the ME region now? They can't and of course they shouldn't. There is a lot of conspiracy theories that the west is behind the arab spring.. I don't know how I feel about this, I guess I have mixed feelings. On one hand, it was the people living under oppressive regimes who had enough! But at the same time, they'd always been " having enough!" what gave them the strength and the courage to act up now and not 10 years ago, lets say. How was it such a strong domino effect? I've heard arguments that the west being behind it is stupid, westerners feel that way where as some arabs are offended that there is even talk that the west is behind it. They are very proud of their revolution and what they have achieved.. ( what have they achieved though? Islamist rise to power? that's another story)

Another argument is this:

The days of the west's invasions left right and center are over! Thanks to the Bush administration, The US are no longer in a position to impose impose impose whatever it is that they want. So how about create a situation where they could understand the mind frame of the youth in The ME. and what it would take for them to budge. After all, the future is in the hands of our youth. During the Bush administration, lots of youths were being employed at The US State Dept. is it a coincidence? yeah maybe, maybe not. Maybe the best option to get into the mind frame of ME youth was through US youth.. who knows. Lots of time, money and effort was put into researching active groups online assembling to create change in their region.. The US state dept. took a special interest in this... Of course there is lots of info out there about how they took part with private sector to bring these groups together for training on how to effectively use the internet for their cause. I'm not saying that it is a bad thing.. I'm just saying. Why shouldn't people that want to keep crime off their streets, for example be helped out by the US state dept. and other experts... Mighty sweet of them!

But my point is, if it's true, that the west was involved.. knowing that the oppressive regimes that were in place were financially supported by the west, could there be an ultimately bigger reason for it? I mean, if I was throwing millions and billions of dollars at something, I certainly would like to see it succeed and not crumble and fall, unless it's fall would bring about something greater for me..

Question:

The west's involvement in the arab spring... Could there be truth to it or is it a stupid thought?

If there is truth to it.. What is the ultimate goal?

If there is no truth to it... I have no further questions.:peace

Considering that ww1 and ww2 took a few countries/people off the map, I wouldn't be surprised that those who want their homes back, will kick off ww3. Naturally, they will have to wait until all the victors of ww1 and ww2 complete the preparation of the environment for this. Anyways, a ww3 will be necessary even for as little as freeing up resources for the survival of working/entrepreneuring people.

I totally believed this, and attempted to discuss with others; they wrote me off as "eager for war." I'm not eager for war, I'm just looking at possibilities. Glad to know others are in the same boat as myself. :)

WW3 can't occur in a world with nuclear weapons.

Morality Games;bt1715 said:

Somehow, that always falls off the minds of people who dream about a WW3

Morality Games;bt1715 said:

This is what they said about ww1 and dynamite, then ww2 and bombs. A ww3 and nukes will go down just as fine as all the others before. Nothing ever is impossible.

ab9924;bt1719 said:
This is what they said about ww1 and dynamite, then ww2 and bombs. A ww3 and nukes will go down just as fine as all the others before. Nothing ever is impossible.

Do you know how hard the United States and Soviet Union bled each other during the proxy battles of the Cold War? Nonetheless, global war never broke out because it was tantamount to signing the death warrant for the civilization you are supposed to be governing/protecting. It is the "everyone loses" button.

ab9924;bt1719 said:

Dynamites and bombs didn't have the power to destroy the world a thousand times over literally

i feel if Iran does get nuclear weapons, they will use them. I know that Israel is doing all it can to stop/slow this down, but progress is inevitable. so if WW3 does break out, it will be a small nuclear war on Iran, but i can't see it spreading anywhere else. Morality Games is right about the Cold War superpowers. they didn't want to destroy their and every civilization. They knew the problems that would arise with nuclear war. they chose right. hopefully we can avert this.

AMPODLESAK;bt1749 said:
i feel if Iran does get nuclear weapons, they will use them. I know that Israel is doing all it can to stop/slow this down, but progress is inevitable. so if WW3 does break out, it will be a small nuclear war on Iran, but i can't see it spreading anywhere else. Morality Games is right about the Cold War superpowers. they didn't want to destroy their and every civilization. They knew the problems that would arise with nuclear war. they chose right. hopefully we can avert this.

The same people who predicted that once North Korea got nukes, South Korea will go to hell, is now predicting that once Iran gets nukes, Israel will go to hell.
Guess what? :shrug:

I think Iran is a little more unstable... they have more of a vendetta against Israel than NK has against SK

I believe WW3 has already started. It's just a short matter of time before the world tastes it's furry.

Back
Top Bottom