• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Spending Binge Going to Be Effective?

As TurtleDude suggests, there is a significant difference between "effective" and "marginal." Remember that, until they were simplified (sort of), there were a number of tax brackets with increasing rates. The top tax rate applied only to the top x% of income. IIRC (and I may not; if somebody wants to look it up and correct me, I would appreciate it), even when the top marginal rate was 91%, the mean effective rate was significantly lower, something in the low to mid 30% range.

exactly

good to see you again OR. How are things

Hey TD,

Things are good! The son is now home safe and sound from Iraq...now we have to worry about Afghanistan! Arrgghhh.

Are you relaxing a bit now that Nats are over?

Hey TD,

Things are good! The son is now home safe and sound from Iraq...now we have to worry about Afghanistan! Arrgghhh.

Are you relaxing a bit now that Nats are over?

yeah, lots of work. heat was brutal.

Back
Top Bottom