• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Secretary of Homeland Security (Kristjen Neilsen) Reliable?

Caden

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
On December 20, 2018, Kristjen Neilsen, the Secretary of Homeland Security was the large focus of the The US House Judiciary Committee Hearing where the main goal was to review the Department of Homeland Security and it's progress. Secretary Neilsen was very hesitant and failed to answer many questions that were asked. For example, Representative David Ciclline (D-RI) asked a very simple question that should of been very simple for the DHS secretary to answer, as she is the head of the department. Mr. Ciclline asked how many individuals had died in DHS’s custody. Kristjen (DHS’s Secretary) stated she did not know the ‘exact’ figure, or numbers at the time. That is demonstrably problematic, concerning and alarming as she leads the department and should be aware of very important matters, such as deaths that have occurred while in her department's custody. Also, it has been revealed that Custom and Border Protection (CBP) has not been calculating the number of deaths that have occurred at the wall for three years. 2015 was the last year in which deaths were calculated. Is the Department of Homeland Security's Secretary working for the United States with integrity? Is Madame Secretary working for the United States as she should be?

Nielsen is another dumb as a tree stump example of a Trump appointee out of her depth as is Donald himself. I have never seen such a collection of charlatans, nitwits, dimwits, dummies, grifters and outright crooks masquerading as Cabinet Heads in my entire lifetime. Sorry to be so blunt. Losing patience with the notion of making believe this is something else than it is. Trump now has Pompeo and well Pompeo. Maybe Mnuchin gets half an honorable mention....MAYBE. You can have all of the rest of them including his clueless "Actings".

She looks like a Air Head...I thought she was to be fired?

On December 20, 2018, Kristjen Neilsen, the Secretary of Homeland Security was the large focus of the The US House Judiciary Committee Hearing where the main goal was to review the Department of Homeland Security and it's progress. Secretary Neilsen was very hesitant and failed to answer many questions that were asked. For example, Representative David Ciclline (D-RI) asked a very simple question that should of been very simple for the DHS secretary to answer, as she is the head of the department. Mr. Ciclline asked how many individuals had died in DHS’s custody. Kristjen (DHS’s Secretary) stated she did not know the ‘exact’ figure, or numbers at the time. That is demonstrably problematic, concerning and alarming as she leads the department and should be aware of very important matters, such as deaths that have occurred while in her department's custody. Also, it has been revealed that Custom and Border Protection (CBP) has not been calculating the number of deaths that have occurred at the wall for three years. 2015 was the last year in which deaths were calculated. Is the Department of Homeland Security's Secretary working for the United States with integrity? Is Madame Secretary working for the United States as she should be?

Pathetic.
Not knowing exact numbers on the fly is not problematic.

Our issue is the intention of the hearing.

For the most part these are routine, the topic is shared as are a series of preliminary questions designed to inform whoever is testifying what the intentions are. But that does not always happen and what we can find is the political goal of taking a swipe at the opposing party's administration is too advantageous to pass up.

Much of the hearing itself was grandstanding, Democrats taking the opportunity to talk about Trump and his persistent lies. Trying to link those lies to the Department of Homeland Security.

In a way, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was thrown under the bus even though she was willing to fire right back at the committee.

I had very little hope there would be much substantial in the hearing, even with the mess at the border which should be an opportunity for legislation intentions. But that was asking too much and what we end up talking about is which side's swipes at the other were better.

Should Nielsen been more prepared for the hearing? Of course.

Should members of The US House Judiciary Committee Hearing asked more questions designed to form future legislation? Of course.

But that is not what happened, threats and looking to the new Congress was the message of the day. It is one of the reasons why Congress has such consistent low approval ratings, they are not doing much other than political grandstanding.

Did democrats ask how many Americans have died at the hands of illegal criminals? Or again we point out democrats are only worried about illegals. You probably don’t care either, it’s not your family members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did democrats ask how many Americans have died at the hands of illegal criminals? Or again we point out democrats are only worried about illegals. You probably don’t care either, it’s not your family members.

Illegal criminals? Illegal criminals! Is there a Starbucks nearby? How about a cup of coffee or is it covfefe.

That's a great sentence. I wonder how many Americans died at the hands of innocent people?

For sure, once we put up a wall, no more murders on American soil!

All I got to say about Kristjen Kielsen is that she's hot and I would date her. :mrgreen:

Illegal criminals? Illegal criminals! Is there a Starbucks nearby? How about a cup of coffee or is it covfefe.

Uh yes illegal immigrant criminals, what would you tell the families that have lost their children to the murder of illegal immigrant criminals? You don’t think they are criminals?
Y’all cry about illegal immigrant babies that died when they get here, but y’all don’t care about the children they murder after the cross our border illegally.

She is a Trump appointment...so chances are pretty good she is not reliable about anything.

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

Uh yes illegal immigrant criminals, what would you tell the families that have lost their children to the murder of illegal immigrant criminals? You don’t think they are criminals?
Y’all cry about illegal immigrant babies that died when they get here, but y’all don’t care about the children they murder after the cross our border illegally.

I would say we don't care enough about violent crime of all sorts in this country. The crime rates for native Americans is much higher than it is for immigrants, legal or illegal. In fact its 3x higher for US citizens in this country than it is for aliens. If you are dead, do you care that you died at the hands of a native born criminal or not?

In fact, the numbers show that the more immigrants there are in a community the farther down their crimes rates as it relates to the population at large. On that basis one could make the case that communities need more immigrants of all sorts, not less if we want to make the issue violent crime.

But in truth if the argument is that any violent crime is one violent crime too many, while I have empathy for that argument, a wall is not going to be an efficient, effective means for dealing with that. A Wall or now 3x more expensive Fence of "artistic slats" will be an even bigger white elephant than a solid construction wall would have been and CBP has shot holes in the whole idea of a solid construction wall already. They can't see to the other side of it.

We do need to update our integrated system of border security and Trump's monument to stupidity would blow such a giant hole in the CBP budget that there would hardly be room for anything else. They get $16B per annum based on the FY18 numbers. Nobody is going to double their budget. Its not happening. For one thing we need to spend a big bucket of money on technology at the 328 Ports of Entry if we really want to cut into contraband and drugs coming into the country.

The point is nobody from the Trump administration has made a case to congress for what they actually want for Appropriations. They are trying to bootstrap this money to CR's which should tell any American that knows how the government functions is a dodge, particularly 2 years in on Trump's campaign calling card issue.

Last edited:

So is being killed by a legal criminal better than being killed by an illegal criminal?

Nielsen is another dumb as a tree stump example of a Trump appointee out of her depth as is Donald himself. I have never seen such a collection of charlatans, nitwits, dimwits, dummies, grifters and outright crooks masquerading as Cabinet Heads in my entire lifetime. Sorry to be so blunt. Losing patience with the notion of making believe this is something else than it is. Trump now has Pompeo and well Pompeo. Maybe Mnuchin gets half an honorable mention....MAYBE. You can have all of the rest of them including his clueless "Actings".

This is what happens when everything is based on money and a$$kissing while no one who values reputation wants a job.

So is being killed by a legal criminal better than being killed by an illegal criminal?

No but we can stop the illegals from coming here, isn’t it worth it to save as many fellow Americans as we can.

No but we can stop the illegals from coming here, isn’t it worth it to save as many fellow Americans as we can.

And you think a wall will stop all illegals?

Unlike many of Trump’s other appointees, Nielsen actually has a resume in Homeland Defense (along with a jd) going back to W and was Kelly’s handpicked COS. Like most of her peers in the Trump administration, Nielsen is constantly harassed by the president, micromanaged, and spends much of her time trying to clean up after Trump’s many idiotic statements. I’m not in any way excusing her failures, just bringing some balance to the conversation.

And you think a wall will stop all illegals?

And you think it won’t stop any? It will slow them down, so we can use those magical other alternatives y’all keep saying we have ,to stop the rest!

And you think it won’t stop any? It will slow them down, so we can use those magical other alternatives y’all keep saying we have ,to stop the rest!

No it won’t because, as I’ve mentioned many time, we do not address the employer problem.

No it won’t because, as I’ve mentioned many time, we do not address the employer problem.

Gotta start somewhere right! It seams to be liberals that don’t want to do anything, y’all used to want to stop it but along comes Trump to actually get it done and now y’all don’t want it? TDS

What do you say to victims of gun violence who want guns banned?

Gotta start somewhere right! It seams to be liberals that don’t want to do anything, y’all used to want to stop it but along comes Trump to actually get it done and now y’all don’t want it? TDS

The issue is that Trump will not get it done with a wall. But he will spend your money on it anyway to prove a point.

At this point your comment is a lie because I have mentioned now several times that E-Verify needs to be mandated. And no, Trump didn't get it done, he's lied about the funding and he's lied about the 'crisis". Your Trump Defense Syndrome (TDS) is in full bloom for all to see.

Back
Top Bottom