• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the RNC sending out past due bills? Voters concerned bill is a scam

Blue_State

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
The past due bill claims to be from the Republican National Committee (RNC), and it asks that she send $25 or more immediately.

But the weird return address to the "Office of Records Arizona Assessment" and the urgent requests for immediate payment made Katie questions the legitimacy of the mailer.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Is the RNC sending out past due bills? Voters concerned bill is a scam - ABC15 Arizona

Makes the RNC look bad. I keep seeing conflicting reports of is this a scam or not. It is present in California, Washington and Arizona.

Last edited:
The more I look around on the net, the more rampant it seems. It also looks a little more legitimate than I originally thought. Horrible.

Does the GOP otherwise require dues?

Dems don't (in my state, at least).

Is the RNC sending out past due bills? Voters concerned bill is a scam - ABC15 Arizona

Makes the RNC look bad. I keep seeing conflicting reports of is this a scam or not. It is present in California, Washington and Arizona.

A "Notice of Delinquency". Well, what would the Republicans be saying if the Dems did that? Probably the same kinds of things they'd be saying if the Dems did a lot of things that they do.

Sadly, their excuse is always, "Well, the Democrat Party does it too, or if they'd thought of it, they'd already be doing it"...thereby excusing everything they do, no matter how illegal or hypocritical it may be (regardless of how in most cases, there is zero evidence that the Democratic party is doing anything like it).

If I had the slightest inclination to donate to a party, a "notice of delinquency" would guarantee that I wouldn't.

I've also seen reports of these in Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, Missouri, Texas, and Nebraska. Basically, its nationwide and the RNC is mum about it. Pretty disgusting tactic.

View attachment 67200092
View attachment 67200093
View attachment 67200094
View attachment 67200095

Ted Cruz ran a similar scam in Iowa, where he sent official looking documents to voters, telling them that they might be in trouble if they didn't vote in the primary. And, of course, the letter said "Vote for Cruz".

Ted Cruz ran a similar scam in Iowa, where he sent official looking documents to voters, telling them that they might be in trouble if they didn't vote in the primary. And, of course, the letter said "Vote for Cruz".

Disgusting.

Does the GOP otherwise require dues?

Dems don't (in my state, at least).

You guys call them taxes and fees and they cost a lot more too ! :lol:

This is a new low. I always thought Priebus was a low life. This confirms it. Man I would like to see the minutes from the committee meeting when this was approved.

It's a dopey marketing tactic, but what exactly is the outrage here, and why does it make the RNC look bad?

Tres, in my opinion it is poor judgement on the party's part to send out notices of delinquency. That would embarrass some people who work hard to be fiscally responsible. Secondly, these notices seem to be targeting seniors as many of the reports are coming from senior citizens.

Why does the RNC have to resort to tricking people to raise money?

Tres, in my opinion it is poor judgement on the party's part to send out notices of delinquency. That would embarrass some people who work hard to be fiscally responsible. Secondly, these notices seem to be targeting seniors as many of the reports are coming from senior citizens.

Why does the RNC have to resort to tricking people to raise money?

You have to either be blind or really, really stupid to look at that piece and not see that it's a political solicitation. Could the envelope be any clearer? How about the name across the top of the letter? The first paragraph says it's from the RNC. In fact, that's said repeatedly throughout the mailer. The RNC is mentioned again in the section to complete with your credit card information. It says it again in the section to complete your demographic information. If someone missed the numerous clear mentions of what the donation is for, they need a handler or a translator.

You have to either be blind or really, really stupid to look at that piece and not see that it's a political solicitation. Could the envelope be any clearer? How about the name across the top of the letter? The first paragraph says it's from the RNC. In fact, that's said repeatedly throughout the mailer. The RNC is mentioned again in the section to complete with your credit card information. It says it again in the section to complete your demographic information. If someone missed the numerous clear mentions of what the donation is for, they need a handler or a translator.

The articles I posted and the ones you can find on the internet show elderly people having issues with it. So, I guess the elderly need handlers.

Delinquency notice appears to be RNC fundraising mail | WAVY-TV
“I don’t care if it’s a marketing ploy. It’s an irritating marketing ploy that really scares people,” Loy said.

Couple calls RNC delinquent notice mailing deceptive
He wonders if other registered Republicans feel the same way. WOWT 6 News received an envelope stamped notice of delinquency that was sent to a 91-year-old Iowa man. Inside the envelope was the same membership activation notice saying “past due.

93-year-old woman receives 'Notice of Delinquency' from RNC - The Morning Call
"Leaving politics out of this, my mother-in-law was insulted by the envelope imprinted with 'NOTICE OF DELINQUENCY.' She is 93, living independently, pays her own bills on time and is not involved in politics and has never been. I doubt if she ever contributed money to any political party.

"The contents of the letter are just as insulting, NOTICE OF DELINQUENCY along with the narrative. What concerned her the most was the envelope. She takes great pride in maintaining her independence, and she was offended that other people may think she does not pay her bills and is a 'dead beat.'

It is a cheap tactic and should not have employed.

The articles I posted and the ones you can find on the internet show elderly people having issues with it. So, I guess the elderly need handlers.

Delinquency notice appears to be RNC fundraising mail | WAVY-TV

Couple calls RNC delinquent notice mailing deceptive

93-year-old woman receives 'Notice of Delinquency' from RNC - The Morning Call

It is a cheap tactic and should not have employed.

My mother in law is 90. She would open that and read it. The day she can't read and comprehend is the day my husband and his siblings know she needs help paying her bills so she doesn't lose all of her money. By reading it you see what it is. If the 93 year old woman can't read, then yes, she needs a handler. I can probably show an example of a 30 year old with learning disabilities who can't read either. I would hope someone helps him pay his bills.

A notice of delinquency? talk about being dramatic.

But I'm afraid I'm not following the basis of the notice. Are registered voters obliged to contribute to their party's national convention? or is this some kind of a membership fee?

I've received these notices for some years now. I left the GOP a long time ago. They get nothing from me. Anybody who buys into this scam needs help. I also received a letter a couple of years ago advising me that I am not in good standing with the RNC. What a shock that was, considering I never was in good standing and never had a relationship of any kind with them. I took a sideways breath, checked my heart rate, and had a celebratory beer. If these GOPer's wish to be viewed respectfully, maybe they should consider abandoning this practice. I hold used car salesmen in higher esteem.

As a person who works with senior citizens all the time, it's obvious the RNC is trying to pull a fast one. These people freak out all the time.

Gotta hand it to the RNC...they sure know how to keep their base fearful and angry. lol

Back
Top Bottom