• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Republican Party the party of voter suppression?

• Total voters
What if it's only 0.03% of the votes? Acceptable?

And please remember that the voter suppression actions(already established ones as well as new ones) in red states are aimed at democrat or independent voters solely.

If taking your figure for fact: The 0,03% of fraud is not, so it would take eachother out and therefor not change any result, not even with 0,03%.

Heritage Foundation President Kay C. James leads an organization whose mission is to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense.

The Heritage Foundation (abbreviated to Heritage)[1][2] is an American conservative think tank based in Washington, D.C., primarily geared towards public policy. The foundation took a leading role in the conservative movement during the presidency of Ronald Reagan, whose policies were taken from Heritage's policy study Mandate for Leadership.[5] Since then, The Heritage Foundation has continued to have a significant influence in U.S. public policy making, and is considered to be one of the most influential conservative public policy organizations in the United States.

HOW RARE IS VOTER FRAUD?​

Many researchers have focused on impersonation fraud, in which a voter pretends to be someone else at the polls, because such claims have been used by states to justify stricter voter ID laws.

Justin Levitt, a law professor at Loyola Law School who tracks such cases, identified only 31 impersonation incidents between 2000 and 2014 across the country, out of more than 1 billion ballots cast.

Five states - Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah and Washington - hold their elections primarily by mail and have documented almost no cases of cheating. Oregon, for instance, has sent out more than 100 million mail ballots since 2000 and reported around a dozen cases of proven fraud.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!

All who believe there has been no widespread voter fraud read carefully in order to become more informed.

In 2014, a disturbing study was released by political scientists at Old Dominion University. Their work showed that a significant percentage of foreign nationals residing in the United States, whether lawfully or unlawfully present, were registered to vote in US elections—and that a significant number of them actually have voted in recent years—6.4 percent in 2008 and 2.2 percent in 2010. That is enough to have swayed election outcomes in some states: “there is reason to believe non-citizen voting changed one state’s Electoral College votes in 2008, delivering North Carolina to Obama, and that non-citizen votes have also led to Democratic victories in congressional races including a critical 2008 Sen- ate race [in Minnesota] that delivered for Democrats a 60-vote filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.” It is, of course, illegal for noncitizens to vote in federal and state elections. But this study suggests that hundreds of thousands of illegal votes may have been cast in the United States in every federal election.
"Reason to believe?"

Where is the study? What are the reasons to believe?

Old Dominion Universty

SAT COMPOSITE RANGE*
980-1200

I scored higher than that and I flunked out of 2 high schools. My GED and I ROFL!

Well, it would be more acceptable than preventing 10 to 20% of the voters to vote due to it, wouldn't it?
GOt some names of those "prevented" for voting?

And please remember that the voter suppression actions(already established ones as well as new ones) in red states are aimed at democrat or independent voters solely.

If taking your figure for fact: The 0,03% of fraud is not, so it would take eachother out and therefor not change any result, not even with 0,03%.
We've never posted to other before. Here's an integrity test. Can you cite a "red state" "voter suppression" law that is aimed "solely" at " democrat or independent vote" as you claim.

John Smith
OK. Don't bother with my second question. I took a flyer that you might have been a serious poster. My bad.

Yes. They aren't event trying to deny it.

We've never posted to other before. Here's an integrity test. Can you cite a "red state" "voter suppression" law that is aimed "solely" at " democrat or independent vote" as you claim.
S.B.7

OK. Don't bother with my second question. I took a flyer that you might have been a serious poster. My bad.
Then ask me serious questions and not "name a person that has been victim for voter supression." Ridiculus..

Then ask me serious questions and not "name a person that has been victim for voter supression." Ridiculus..
Nah. I give folks one, two chances to support their posts. If not, I don't bother with them any more. We're done.

Joe Biden didn't misspeak. He said black business owners can't get lawyers and accountants. He's also said they don't know how to get on the internet.
Show the quotes.

For example, one proposal would allow partisan poll-watchers to videotape what's going on – something that could intimidate people who are legal voters but live in households with immigrants in the country illegally. Another provision would limit the number of people an individual can help with getting an absentee ballot or delivering them, he explains.

"It's pretty clear that the goal here is to get people who are increasingly voting at higher rates, who tend not to be voting Republican," and make it harder for them to cast ballots, Brandon says. Republicans may be losing ground in Texas, but "they're the ones in charge."

In Arizona, which has relied heavily on vote-by-mail for years, a series of bills is also moving through the state legislature, including an array of provisions like preventing election officials from sending mail ballots to voters unless requested. One proposal would remove names from the permanent early voting list who don't cast a ballot in the primary and general elections in two consecutive cycles.

Last year, Arizona flipped to the Democratic column in the presidential race for the first time since 1996, though even that was an outlier at the time since the GOP had won the state every other election since 1948. Arizona also has two Democratic U.S. senators for the first time since 1953, with Sen. Mark Kelly winning a special election to fill the late GOP Sen. John McCain's seat last year.

Voters of color appear to have put Biden over the top in Arizona: Non-white voters, who made up 26% of the voting electorate last year, went for Biden over Trump by a 59-39% margin, according to exit polls. White voters favored Trump more narrowly – 52% to 46% for Biden – not enough to make up for Latinos and other minority voters.

We all know the voter suppression laws are part of the republican racist campaign. Millions defend these laws because they agree with the campaign.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Nah. I give folks one, two chances to support their posts. If not, I don't bother with them any more. We're done.
Thanks!

"Reason to believe?"

Where is the study? What are the reasons to believe?

Old Dominion Universty

SAT COMPOSITE RANGE*
980-1200

I scored higher than that and I flunked out of 2 high schools. My GED and I ROFL!
A similar study with similar results was done at George Mason University. It was done
right in the heart of wokeness Fairfax County Va., To put forth such voter fraud study
right in the heart the most diverse area in the east rampant with highly payed government no show jobs
takes guts. No reason even for the left wing loons to reject this study even though egalitarianism is an ideology
not very tolerant of dissent!

GOt some names of those "prevented" for voting?
Bus loads of them, literally busloads

1623359043368.png

Bus loads of them, literally busloads

View attachment 67337264
If that were the case, one would think there would be busloads of lawsuits by these aggrieved voters. I haven't heard of one. (Do you really want to jump in and defend the inanity in that post?)

Last edited:
With the recent flurry of changes to State laws & regarding the massive voter counts it IMHO is voter suppression of BIPOC.

Links below.

Yes
No

Sadly for some there will be no "Other". But you can change your vote
Anecdotal evidence - my pers opinion is one party type here likes that "Other" choice on difficult issues.

Historically it's the democrat party that is the party of voter suppression. Ask former National Security Advisor Condoleeza Rice why she became a Republican.

Historically it's the democrat party that is the party of voter suppression. Ask former National Security Advisor Condoleeza Rice why she became a Republican.
Who?

If that were the case, one would think there would be busloads of lawsuits by these aggrieved voters. I haven't heard of one. (Do you really want to jump in and defend the inanity in that post?)
My opinion is next to no voter fraud in US elections.

If you really claim you do not know who she is, I'll not take you seriously and move on. Enjoy your evening.
Perhaps look to the percentages of black/brown are in the party and those percentages in power positions
To me the R party elites are mainly M&M- Males and White

NO.

It is the party of voter eligibility.

My opinion is next to no voter fraud in US elections.
OK. That and $2.75 will get you on the subway. You were attempting to support the poster's contention that 20% of voters were being prevented from voting.

Back
Top Bottom