• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is The Republican Party Anti-LGBTQ?

In Your Opinion Is The Republican Party Anti-LGBTQ?

• Total voters

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Just wondering people's opinion on a topic that is being discussed. What say you?

Just wondering people's opinion on a topic that is being discussed. What say you?
Of course they are. Just look at the party affiliation of posters on this forum, who continually express outrage towards the LBGTQ community.

It may not be a written plank of their Party doctrine but no doubt most Republicans would wish all the LBGTQ out of existence, poof, if they could.

In my considered opinion from at least 42 years of experience in the Party.

It should be obvious where the majority of the party stands. They will continue to erode LGBTQ rights or deny them recognition where they can all the while claiming they don't 'hate gays'.

It's the new version of "I'm not racist..."

Define "anti-LGBTQ."
A central theme of anti-LGBTQ organizing and ideology is the opposition to LGBTQ rights, often couched in demonizing rhetoric and grounded in harmful pseudoscience that portrays LGBTQ people as threats to children, society and often public health.

Pro-1950s, anti-LGBTQ, same thing.

The really weird thing about it is that it was never an issue until the right made it into one.

I am not a Trumpist. I am a Conservative Republican. I am not anti-LGBTQ.
I liked it better when this country was more sane and those members of the LGBTQ community understand that the vast majority of Americans wanted them to keep their sexual and gender proclivities to themselves.
I am in the camp that says, "I don't give a damn what you do in the privacy of your own bedroom. Keep it to yourself and don't try to shove your ideology down my throat." But you can't say that now because coming out of the closet and screaming your sexual proclivities is a new pastime in our society.
Now, if I was a public figure or working for a woke corporation, that statement might spell my doom. But no one is going to fire me, kick me off social media sites, evict me, kick me out of their Liberal organization, or come to my house waving pro-LGBTQ-RST signs to show me how anti-gay I am.

And I want Ron DeSantis to sign that bill in FL; win re-election; and then go on to be our next president because I believe the Progressive faction in our country is dragging in the wrong direction.

Let's see-most of those who oppose LGBTQ "rights" are motivated by religious reasons. Many of those people are in the GOP-they are referred to as the "religious right" but many blacks and hispanics are also less than accepting of this group and they tend to vote Democrat. That being said, the Democrat party is more sporting of LGBTQ "rights" than the GOP.

Now, I am an agnostic. I have no religious bias against LGBTQ. I don't consider homosexual relationships to be "sinful" or improper. I don't think what two consenting adults (or more) do is sinful or so forth. However, I do not think that XY athletes should be allowed to compete in most athletic contests against XX athletes. That is not opposing LGBTQ rights. I also reject LGBTQ extremists who claim those who oppose XY's competing against XXs are anti trans.

I liked it better when this country was more sane and those members of the LGBTQ community understand that the vast majority of Americans wanted them to keep their sexual and gender proclivities to themselves.
I am in the camp that says, "I don't give a damn what you do in the privacy of your own bedroom. Keep it to yourself and don't try to shove your ideology down my throat." But you can't say that now because coming out of the closet and screaming your sexual proclivities is a new pastime in our society.
Now, if I was a public figure or working for a woke corporation, that statement might spell my doom. But no one is going to fire me, kick me off social media sites, evict me, kick me out of their Liberal organization, or come to my house waving pro-LGBTQ-RST signs to show me how anti-gay I am.

And I want Ron DeSantis to sign that bill in FL; win re-election; and then go on to be our next president because I believe the Progressive faction in our country is dragging in the wrong direction.

You are a Trumpist -and you are not conservative. Typing lies doesn't make them true.

You are anti LBGTQ. In the same paragraph you say they need to keep it secret. That is so stupid. My wife and I don't hide our relationship. Why should anyone else? Just because you extreme right wing control freaks are so insecure that two people of the same sex together makes you uncomfortable. And my opinion, those statement should spell your doom. I would not employ someone with your hate filled views. I would never let someone with your hate be involved in anything I could control. I don't feel like your hate has any place in a society with any freedom.

You are a Trumpist -and you are not conservative. Typing lies doesn't make them true.

You are anti LBGTQ. In the same paragraph you say they need to keep it secret. That is so stupid. My wife and I don't hide our relationship. Why should anyone else? Just because you extreme right wing control freaks are so insecure that two people of the same sex together makes you uncomfortable. And my opinion, those statement should spell your doom. I would not employ someone with your hate filled views. I would never let someone with your hate be involved in anything I could control. I don't feel like your hate has any place in a society with any freedom.
WTF does that mean? Now you called Senator Collins a rape enabler when she voted for Kavanaugh. Does that sort of hate have any place in a free society?

WTF does that mean? Now you called Senator Collins a rape enabler when she voted for Kavanaugh. Does that sort of hate have any place in a free society?

why argue with a emotional leftist nutcase?

-snip-
Please post links supporting how DeSantis or any G.O.P. candidate for any office would be a better choice than not voting or voting for
a democratic party candidate.
...DeSantis and Florida legislative leaders still aren’t interested in expanding Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act, despite the federal government’s offer to defray the cost to the state for two years ..
... there’s no excuse not to offer coverage to 800,000 more Floridians ..

Medicare and Social Security retirement fund are in dire need of revenue enhancement legislation to sustain
them from the very near future, on. But what are the issues G.O.P. wants the public and the media paying attention to? Only issues that do not
risk higher taxes for wealthiest G.O.P. donors!

G.O.P. are actually a one issue party, everything else coming from them is a wedge. This is the party's one actual issue, the rest is to manipulate enough votes to protect the wealthiest G.O.P. donors.... the result at the bottom of this thread proves my point.

20 Cities With The Worst Income Inequality In America In 2022

Find out which U.S. cities have the worst income inequality in America.
www.forbes.com
www.forbes.com
March 31, 2022
"Income inequality in America is growing to alarming levels; levels of inequality not seen in the United States since the 1920s, .."

After Four Years, IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting of Tea Party Groups

https://www.motherjones.com › kevin-drum › 2017/10
Oct 6, 2017 — Let's take a trip down memory lane. Do you remember Lois Lerner? BOLO? The IRS audits of tea party organizations? Sure you do.

Republicans stand against president's IRS bank plan - WAVY ...

https://www.wavy.com ›
Oct 19, 2021 Toomey says the IRS has a track record of discriminating against conservative organizations and doesn't believe the collected information .

Opinion | In Praise of Smoke and Mirrors

www.nytimes.com
August 5, 2021 By Paul Krugman
"On the surface, Republican demands should have made agreement impossible. G.O.P. senators were adamantly opposed to tax increases. They also blocked proposals to give the I.R.S. resources to crack down on widespread tax evasion — a stance that even cynics like yours truly found a bit shocking. What kind of party more or less openly aligns itself with wealthy tax cheats?.."

GOP billionaire Ken Langone says he will hold a fundraiser for for Sen. Joe Manchin

https://www.cnbc.com › 2021/11/10 › republican-billiona...
Nov 10, 2021

Super-Rich Americans Feel Relief as Tax Hikes Are Canceled ...

https://www.bloomberg.com › news › articles › super-ri...
Dec 20, 2021

Last edited:
Please post links supporting how DeSantis or any G.O.P. candidate for any office would be a better choice than not voting or voting for
a democratic party candidate. Medicare and Social Security retirement fund are in dire need of revenue enhancement legislation to sustain
them from the very near future, on. But what are the issues G.O.P. wants the public and the media paying attention to? Only issues that do not
risk higher taxes for wealthiest G.O.P. donors!

G.O.P. are actually a one issue party, everything else coming from them is a wedge. This is the party's one actual issue, the rest is to manipulate enough votes to protect the wealthiest G.O.P. donors.... the result at the bottom of this thread proves my point.

20 Cities With The Worst Income Inequality In America In 2022

Find out which U.S. cities have the worst income inequality in America.
www.forbes.com
www.forbes.com
March 31, 2022
"Income inequality in America is growing to alarming levels; levels of inequality not seen in the United States since the 1920s, .."

After Four Years, IRS Finally Confirms There Was No Targeting of Tea Party Groups

https://www.motherjones.com › kevin-drum › 2017/10
Oct 6, 2017 — Let's take a trip down memory lane. Do you remember Lois Lerner? BOLO? The IRS audits of tea party organizations? Sure you do.

Republicans stand against president's IRS bank plan - WAVY ...

https://www.wavy.com ›
Oct 19, 2021 Toomey says the IRS has a track record of discriminating against conservative organizations and doesn't believe the collected information .

Opinion | In Praise of Smoke and Mirrors

www.nytimes.com
August 5, 2021 By Paul Krugman
"On the surface, Republican demands should have made agreement impossible. G.O.P. senators were adamantly opposed to tax increases. They also blocked proposals to give the I.R.S. resources to crack down on widespread tax evasion — a stance that even cynics like yours truly found a bit shocking. What kind of party more or less openly aligns itself with wealthy tax cheats?.."

GOP billionaire Ken Langone says he will hold a fundraiser for for Sen. Joe Manchin

https://www.cnbc.com › 2021/11/10 › republican-billiona...
Nov 10, 2021

Super-Rich Americans Feel Relief as Tax Hikes Are Canceled ...

https://www.bloomberg.com › news › articles › super-ri...
Dec 20, 2021
wall of spam nonsense. what does tax hikes have to do with gays?

I think the GOP is a political party primarily concerned with two things: gaining power, and holding onto power.

When it comes to LGBTQ issues? They have to walk a fine line between mollifying the Evangelicals who are viscerally opposed to homosexuals, and a wider American citizenry who are increasingly supportive/indifferent to them.

Please post links supporting how DeSantis or any G.O.P. candidate for any office would be a better choice than not voting or voting for a democratic party candidate.
post,
I'm not going to spend time looking Internet articles trying to convince you of my beliefs.
There are certain GOP leaders like Ron DeSantis, the strongest Conservative, who espouse Conservative ideals that resonate with me. He is not autocratic or Trumpian, in my estimation, and he doing and saying things relative to what the people want in FL of which I approve.
It is not my job to explain anything to you as to why I am not going to vote for a Democrat in 2024. It will be the candidate's job in 2024 to convince me why any Democrat would be a better candidate for president than Ron DeSantis.

At least you made your position clear.
I don't care if 3 people of the same sex get married.
I just don't want to hear about it. It is none of my business.
Just like you and your marriage is none of my business.
Keep it to yourself.

The LGBTQ agenda is to stick their agenda in front of anyone and say, "Look at me. I am Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, and Queer. You must pay attention to me and approve of what I do and who I am. Because I am special and I deserve a lot of attention from the entire country."
That's what they are saying to 96 percent of the population.

At least you made your position clear.
I don't care if 3 people of the same sex get married.
I just don't want to hear about it. It is none of my business.
Just like you and your marriage is none of my business.
Keep it to yourself.

The LGBTQ agenda is to stick their agenda in front of anyone and say, "Look at me. I am Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, and Queer. You must pay attention to me and approve of what I do and who I am. Because I am special and I deserve a lot of attention from the entire country."
That's what they are saying to 96 percent of the population.
that appears to be only a small minority of that group but they are very vocal

Back
Top Bottom