• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is the president loosing it?

Is The President Loosing it??

• WOHOOO I KNEW HED CRACK!!!! HOOAH!

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • What nonsense. NO

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • GOD I hope not He could take us with him!

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
kal-el said:
What? W claims to belive that. He insists he lives by that slogan. And didn't he send our troops into a bloodbath in Iraq?
Believing something and claiming to are two different things.

SHodges said:
Believing something and claiming to are two different things.

Yea they are.. you're telling me!

kal-el said:
First of all I already said that W refers to his Presidency in huge epic Biblical terms. No other President has done this.

As for the Hydrogen bomb, I oppose any bomb, I don't oppose hydrogen, for it is a bacic element of science. I oppose any armament. Armament kills, while science saves lives.

For the Hitler comparison, I believe it is valid, though Hitler was worse, I believe W isn't far behind. The fact of the matter is if W was the leader of any other country, the vast majority of us would despise him. A leader who claims a divinity talks to him, he believes, for god sakes, that he's carrying the "mantle" that Moses passed unto him.

As for the biblical references... what I've been saying is WHO CARES?!

Ok, science saves lives eh?? Is it not SCIENCE that created BOMBS??? Is it not SCIENCE that create ABORTION?? Is it not SCIENCE that created the electric chair?? Is it not SCIENCE that created the gun?? PA-LEEEZ

Ok the Hitler-Bush thing is defiantly not valid... Hitler killed Jews, believing that Germans needed their "living space." Hitler believed that the Aryan race was supreme.

Bush on the other hand, has killed TERRORISTS... Bush has had an unprecedented urge towards appointing and favoring HISPANICS.. Bush has reached out to Muslims _ thats not very "Im supreme"

KevinWan said:
Not ANOTHER sore loser... a wins a win. Blame the media all you want... Clinton won a big victory in '92, '96... Where was the "conservative media bias," when I needed it THEN????

If you can't talk about it without insulting me, then why don't you just SHUT UP!!! :lol: - that was a Bill O'Reilly quote

Nah, I'm just telling you how it is.

Clinton was charismatic as Hell. You couldn't actually tell when he was telling a lie. Bush on the other hand, it's so damn obvious my grandmother with alzheimers can tell. I can't believe he's still in the WH. I can't believe people actually stick up for him. Well, actually I do. Because, here you are rushing to his defense. Tell me. What has he done for you lately?

ban.the.electoral.college said:
If you can't talk about it without insulting me, then why don't you just SHUT UP!!! :lol: - that was a Bill O'Reilly quote

Nah, I'm just telling you how it is.

Clinton was charismatic as Hell. You couldn't actually tell when he was telling a lie. Bush on the other hand, it's so damn obvious my grandmother with alzheimers can tell. I can't believe he's still in the WH. I can't believe people actually stick up for him. Well, actually I do. Because, here you are rushing to his defense. Tell me. What has he done for you lately?

What has Bush done for me lately... hhmm... well he's killed many terrorists in the Middle East... he hasn't brought me another 9/11 (ehem... this was Clinton's fault) and he's dramatically changing the Middle East for the better, which inturn will keep me safe in the future. What else has he done? He's kept the economy going at times where 9/11 combined with the crummy global economy has made that a difficult task. He's lowered taxes, signed an energy bill, and quite frankly my life is fine right now... And I'm a republican, therefore I care about small government... so if he didn't do ANYTHING AT ALL for me I'd be perfectly happy.. Let capitalism do its thing.

May I ask what Clinton has done for you? Hmmm... how about 4 terrorist attacks??? Sounds all fine and dandy! How about various scandals in the WH?? Hmmm... o yea that little country called North Korea I JUST LOVE HOW KIM JONG ILL HAS NUKES!!

KevinWan said:
As for the biblical references... what I've been saying is WHO CARES?!

Ok, science saves lives eh?? Is it not SCIENCE that created BOMBS??? Is it not SCIENCE that create ABORTION?? Is it not SCIENCE that created the electric chair?? Is it not SCIENCE that created the gun?? PA-LEEEZ

Ok the Hitler-Bush thing is defiantly not valid... Hitler killed Jews, believing that Germans needed their "living space." Hitler believed that the Aryan race was supreme.

Bush on the other hand, has killed TERRORISTS... Bush has had an unprecedented urge towards appointing and favoring HISPANICS.. Bush has reached out to Muslims _ thats not very "Im supreme"

Science does in fact save lives. Look at the treatments for AIDS, Insulin for Diabetics, digestive enzymes for Cystic Fibrosis, the list goes on. Everybody uses science and technology everyday. Some don't realize it. And as for your little comparisons, man created those things, science just makes things possible, but in the end, man decides how to use it.

If we look at what's happening around us, it's almost exactly what was happening in Nazi Germany in the 1930's. In our case, the politically correct and the religious fanatics are spreading paranoia in this country, which is glady spread by some media enterprisers who want a meal ticket. The fact is fear sells.

We are supposed to be the country of freedom, but we are seeing increasing censorship in the media, some losing jobs because they exersize their 1st amendment right at a Bush rally, others being arrested for wearing anti-Bush tees, the Administration constantly pushing the "orange alert" button, and by doing this, keeping the country in a constant state of fear in order to convince the population to let "Bush" protect us, peaceful protesters being called "supporters of terrorism" thanks to the Patriot Act, homosexuality and general sex being blamed for the moral decline of America, while at the same time 100s of rapes and murders are shown on TV everday and the US military is being used based on lies and without the support of most of the world and for the gain of a select few while killing 10s of thousands of civilian men, women, and children. Kinda makes us sound like terrorists to these poor people dosen't it? The fact is that the US population would'nt condone these criminal acts if they were informed of them.

KevinWan said:
What has Bush done for me lately... hhmm... well he's killed many terrorists in the Middle East

How has this made your life better?

... he hasn't brought me another 9/11 (ehem... this was Clinton's fault)

How was this Clinton's fault?

and he's dramatically changing the Middle East for the better, which inturn will keep me safe in the future.

Please elaborate.

kal-el said:
Science does in fact save lives. Look at the treatments for AIDS, Insulin for Diabetics, digestive enzymes for Cystic Fibrosis, the list goes on. Everybody uses science and technology everyday. Some don't realize it. And as for your little comparisons, man created those things, science just makes things possible, but in the end, man decides how to use it.

Well yea man also used science to kill... You strictly said SCIENCE SAVES LIVES... if your going to be so vague... then its fair to say WAR SAVES LIVES; which it does, in some cases, mind you...

kal-el said:
If we look at what's happening around us, it's almost exactly what was happening in Nazi Germany in the 1930's. In our case, the politically correct and the religious fanatics are spreading paranoia in this country, which is glady spread by some media enterprisers who want a meal ticket. The fact is fear sells.

We are supposed to be the country of freedom, but we are seeing increasing censorship in the media, some losing jobs because they exersize their 1st amendment right at a Bush rally, others being arrested for wearing anti-Bush tees, the Administration constantly pushing the "orange alert" button, and by doing this, keeping the country in a constant state of fear in order to convince the population to let "Bush" protect us, peaceful protesters being called "supporters of terrorism" thanks to the Patriot Act, homosexuality and general sex being blamed for the moral decline of America, while at the same time 100s of rapes and murders are shown on TV everday and the US military is being used based on lies and without the support of most of the world and for the gain of a select few while killing 10s of thousands of civilian men, women, and children. Kinda makes us sound like terrorists to these poor people dosen't it? The fact is that the US population would'nt condone these criminal acts if they were informed of them.

I've heard few cases of people being arrested for being anti-Bush etc. etc. Face it, they were probably getting roudy, since you libs are so darn angry these days. I think whether there was an ORANGE BUTTON or not, we'd still be in fear... 3,000 of our own died on 9/11, 2 MASSIVE buildings collapsed, planes were hijacked... Thats fearfull... The President, however, has stressed that fear is a defeat in the war on terror... I've heard the President say time and time again that the terrorists want us to fear and change our ways of life.

The President doesn't call protesters supporters of terrorism, PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF DO! Don't blame the President for that one.

Homosexuality, and other disguisting things in the media are obviously, blatantly to blame for the moral decline in America... Liberals are clearly to blame for that one. They've decreased religousness in this country and cried fowl when the local city council wants to shut off disguisting images from public TV...

The US Military is not PURPOSELY killing civilians... Insurgents... and o yea those TERRORISTS that you don't think are there are killing people too... Thats the truth, hence thats what the American People know... and stop saying the PResident lied... he didn't, the INTELLIGENCE DID... Clinton had 8 years to deal with that and he didn't.. he put out a welcome mat for 9/11.

How has this made your life better?

You're kidding... right... Killing terrorists = less terrorists on the planet to kill me... Why is that hard to understand????

How was this Clinton's fault?

Clinton faced 3 attacks on the US during his administration... aside from nothing... what exactly did he do about it?? He had multiple opportunities to CAPTURE AND KILL OSAMA BIN LADEN... He got intelligence indicating the terrorists planned to attack us at home... he did nothing... Now after 9/11 binLaden's on the run... it would have been much easier if Clinton just got him in '96! Clinton has 8 YEARS to deal with the terrorsits threats, Bush had 8 MONTHS! Face it, Clintons Presidency = Years in which Terrorists THRIVED.

Please elaborate.

I've elaborated on this time and time again on this site... I'll give you the short version...

Today, democracy and freedom is spilling over into places other than Iraq and Afghanistan... Jordan threw out Syrian troops, Egypt has had a democratic election, and so has PALESTINE. When the dust of the Iraq War settles, Iraq will be a free country, free nations will trade with them and bring them prosperity. A lack of "the good life," makes people suseptable to accepting the perverted form of Islam that terrorists preach... This makes more terrorists. Prosperity in the middle east will destroy the recruiting ground for terror.

KevinWan said:
Popular Vote... Since when does the popular vote mean anything at all? The president is elected by the electoral vote, therefore he won. Gore was pathetic... he didn't even win his home state/home county... Kerry should have won that election... his defeat was entirely his fault. I thought the President had alot of loopholes the Dems could of capitalized on... but o well.

They are both skull and bones brothers perhaps kerry did give it to him. He certainly did not cry foul over diebold.

KevinWan said:
Well yea man also used science to kill... You strictly said SCIENCE SAVES LIVES... if your going to be so vague... then its fair to say WAR SAVES LIVES; which it does, in some cases, mind you...

I've heard few cases of people being arrested for being anti-Bush etc. etc. Face it, they were probably getting roudy, since you libs are so darn angry these days. I think whether there was an ORANGE BUTTON or not, we'd still be in fear... 3,000 of our own died on 9/11, 2 MASSIVE buildings collapsed, planes were hijacked... Thats fearfull... The President, however, has stressed that fear is a defeat in the war on terror... I've heard the President say time and time again that the terrorists want us to fear and change our ways of life.

The President doesn't call protesters supporters of terrorism, PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF DO! Don't blame the President for that one.

Homosexuality, and other disguisting things in the media are obviously, blatantly to blame for the moral decline in America... Liberals are clearly to blame for that one. They've decreased religousness in this country and cried fowl when the local city council wants to shut off disguisting images from public TV...

The US Military is not PURPOSELY killing civilians... Insurgents... and o yea those TERRORISTS that you don't think are there are killing people too... Thats the truth, hence thats what the American People know... and stop saying the PResident lied... he didn't, the INTELLIGENCE DID... Clinton had 8 years to deal with that and he didn't.. he put out a welcome mat for 9/11.

3 massive buildings collapsed. Republicans dont liek talking about the 3rd one because they could not come up with an alabi for it.

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
3 massive buildings collapsed. Republicans dont liek talking about the 3rd one because they could not come up with an alabi for it.

Are you talking about the Pentagon??? And secondly, are you implying Republicans are responsible for the attacks of 9/11?

Yes and not "republicans", government. We need a common foe to unite us, as Miss Rice herself has said.

KevinWan said:
You're kidding... right... Killing terrorists = less terrorists on the planet to kill me... Why is that hard to understand????

Clinton faced 3 attacks on the US during his administration... aside from nothing... what exactly did he do about it?? He had multiple opportunities to CAPTURE AND KILL OSAMA BIN LADEN... He got intelligence indicating the terrorists planned to attack us at home... he did nothing... Now after 9/11 binLaden's on the run... it would have been much easier if Clinton just got him in '96! Clinton has 8 YEARS to deal with the terrorsits threats, Bush had 8 MONTHS! Face it, Clintons Presidency = Years in which Terrorists THRIVED.

I've elaborated on this time and time again on this site... I'll give you the short version...

Today, democracy and freedom is spilling over into places other than Iraq and Afghanistan... Jordan threw out Syrian troops, Egypt has had a democratic election, and so has PALESTINE. When the dust of the Iraq War settles, Iraq will be a free country, free nations will trade with them and bring them prosperity. A lack of "the good life," makes people suseptable to accepting the perverted form of Islam that terrorists preach... This makes more terrorists. Prosperity in the middle east will destroy the recruiting ground for terror.

You speak as though you know a lot about the middle east, and terrorism. Do you have any direct experience in the middle east? How about with terrorism?

KevinWan said:
For cryin out loud... theres going to be SOME type of voter discrepencies in every election... Ever hear how Kennedy stole the election with dead votes in Texas??? Stop being a sore loser. Please.
Fact check...The state in question was Illinois. Texas was where Kennedy was killed.
KevinWan said:
Gore would of wimped out on 9/11. Obvious the President was pretty darn smart in ordering the downing of all aircraft in the U.S. His actions on 9/11 were superior, don't let Michael Moore lie to you otherwise.
Are you naive enough to believe had anyone else been President that they would have allowed aircraft to stay in the air during 9-11? Do you really believe that Bush came up with this "idea" on his own? YIKES! :shock:
KevinWan said:
Israel, India and Pakistan got their weapons in the pre-9/11 world. Theres a significant difference. Since when has Israel or India threatened our country, or supported Islamic terrorism?? Maybe Pakistan has, but was Bush around when they got their WMDs???
No, but Ronald Reagan and Bush I were! Do you have any idea when Pakistan got their Nukes and from whom? Hint for you....Chop Sticks....

I think that checking facts out before one writes posts is good advice, it saves a lot of posts that point out the many mistakes one makes when they write what they know rather than what is the truth.

You speak as though you know a lot about the middle east, and terrorism. Do you have any direct experience in the middle east? How about with terrorism?

Yeah its called common sense. I told you that before. But for some reason the liberal media bias has blinded you,(im just kidding). I am going to be sarcastic on this forever, :lol:

But anyways, Clinton knew 9/11 was coming over a year before it happened. And him and his admin did nothing. He had the chance to go into iraq before and he didnt which compounded situations there.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/8/9/120750.shtml

I hope you dont comeback to me saying that link doesnt agree with my argument. Or that that link has nothing to do with my standpoint. Or mabe you will say it was me who didnt beleive clintons admin knew about the 9/11 attacks although I was the one who posted the link.

26 X World Champs said:
Texas was where Kennedy was killed.

Correction...Chappaquidick is where Kennedy killed someone...

But we'll come to that bridge when we cross it.:2wave:

SKILMATIC said:
But anyways, Clinton knew 9/11 was coming over a year before it happened. And him and his admin did nothing.

So you would agree that Bush knew! You agree with me. I am proud of you SKIMATIC. (this is how you debate - assumption - opinion - no sources - no facts - your going on my ignore list - because you are loopy)

So you would agree that Bush knew! You agree with me. I am proud of you SKIMATIC. (this is how you debate - assumption - opinion - no sources - no facts - your going on my ignore list - because you are loopy)

Yes, I do actually. Becasue I know he did and so did clinton. Thats what I have been trying to tell you people all along. The same info bush had was the same 3 past admins had before him which also goes along with the Iraqi war. So to say bush lied is rediculous. Becasue he was only going on what others told him for years. If thats lying then I forget the meaning of the word lie.

And if you want me to be on your ignore list then thats fine. But remember you are just hurting yourself by filtering your own info. So ignore away.:2wave:

SKILMATIC said:
And if you want me to be on your ignore list then thats fine. But remember you are just hurting yourself by filtering your own info. So ignore away.:2wave:

I am surprised you say you agree. I am highly skepticle. You too often flip-flop, and I do not consider your methods conducive to debate. You also, post way too much. So, that's why I am putting you on my ignore list with cnred and navy pride. This should come as no surprise to you, as I have warned you before. There are tons of other people here to debate with, so I do not forsee this being any hinderance to debate.:2wave:

Last edited:
KevinWan said:

I can tell that you believe that the President "walks on water", I thought that was only reserved for 1 man. It is true that since his very first days in office, he has waged a war on the economic interests on alot of Americans, a war on workers and consumers, the unemployed, the poor, the elderly, not to mention he waged a war on the Democrats, and on labor unions, and not to mention on every bit of "liberal" legislation enacted since FDR; and he destroyed constitutional principals and international agreements that have guided and protected us for decades.

Having witnessed, after 9/11, the instant, the dramatic effect on the War in Afghanistan on W's popularity (without his done a thing, except maybe him being asleep at the wheel while terror warnings mounted), the White House expanded the War on Terrorism to Iraq. Iraq dominated the news, in turn taking our minds off of his corporate scandals, a plummetting economy, ever-increasing deficits, increasing unemployment, poverty, and the well known fact that UBL, resposible for 9/11, was alive and well.

kal-el said:
I can tell that you believe that the President "walks on water", I thought that was only reserved for 1 man. It is true that since his very first days in office, he has waged a war on the economic interests on alot of Americans, a war on workers and consumers, the unemployed, the poor, the elderly, not to mention he waged a war on the Democrats, and on labor unions, and not to mention on every bit of "liberal" legislation enacted since FDR; and he destroyed constitutional principals and international agreements that have guided and protected us for decades.

Having witnessed, after 9/11, the instant, the dramatic effect on the War in Afghanistan on W's popularity (without his done a thing, except maybe him being asleep at the wheel while terror warnings mounted), the White House expanded the War on Terrorism to Iraq. Iraq dominated the news, in turn taking our minds off of his corporate scandals, a plummetting economy, ever-increasing deficits, increasing unemployment, poverty, and the well known fact that UBL, resposible for 9/11, was alive and well.

O yea... the President walks on water on a daily basis... My father was unemployed a year or two ago... he got UNEMPLOYMENT benefits, then he was able to get an even better job than he had before... All thanks to someone... perhaps the President?? Hes now in a labor union! He never was before... I know plenty of other people in labor unions. Your insistance that the President is waging war on these is absurd... If he is... its going very poorly.

Who was sleeping at the wheel while terror threats mounted?? Who was that President?? O yea... Bill Clinton. Unemployement has maintained steady at about 5%. And I don't support welfare for the poor - so if poverties up I simply don't give a darn. Clinton could of got UBL in a second... he didn't. However, finding UBL isn't going to put an immediate end to terror, althought you may think so.

26 X World Champs said:
Fact check...The state in question was Illinois. Texas was where Kennedy was killed.

Well sorry ya got me there. At least I knew he had something to do with dead people votes... but that brings up a quote I've heard before like "bury me in Chicago so I can continue to be politically active." ... or something like that.

26 X World Champs said:
Are you naive enough to believe had anyone else been President that they would have allowed aircraft to stay in the air during 9-11? Do you really believe that Bush came up with this "idea" on his own? YIKES! :shock:

I agree with you other Presidents probably would have done the same thing... but timing was key.. Had we waited much longer could there have been more attacks? IN the days following 9/11 Bush went to ground zero... I'm seriously not sure if every President would have done that.

26 X World Champs said:
No, but Ronald Reagan and Bush I were! Do you have any idea when Pakistan got their Nukes and from whom? Hint for you....Chop Sticks....

I think that checking facts out before one writes posts is good advice, it saves a lot of posts that point out the many mistakes one makes when they write what they know rather than what is the truth.

And Iran is currently getting their nukes with help from Russia... so what? We can still stop them, diplomatically or militarily... Bush and Reagan could have, had they wanted to.. The topic was about President George W Bush... therefore we were debating him..

KevinWan said:
O yea... the President walks on water on a daily basis... My father was unemployed a year or two ago... he got UNEMPLOYMENT benefits, then he was able to get an even better job than he had before... All thanks to someone... perhaps the President?? Hes now in a labor union! He never was before... I know plenty of other people in labor unions. Your insistance that the President is waging war on these is absurd... If he is... its going very poorly.

Who was sleeping at the wheel while terror threats mounted?? Who was that President?? O yea... Bill Clinton. Unemployement has maintained steady at about 5%. And I don't support welfare for the poor - so if poverties up I simply don't give a darn. Clinton could of got UBL in a second... he didn't. However, finding UBL isn't going to put an immediate end to terror, althought you may think so.

You can hardly say that Clinton is to blame for 9/11 anymore than George Bush. That's just outlandish. Are you insinuating that Clinton would have known about the terrorists plans to crash into the WTC's, and then not told Bush?? That's ridiculous.

9/11 was a godsend for the Bush administration. If anyone had an interest in letting 9/11 happen it was Bush. If he didn't have this "war on terror" BS (what an absurd idea) it's ridiculous to even think he would have had a platform to run on for his 2nd election - He barely squeeked by as it was, even as the media totally endorsed his campaigne while painting Kerry as a flip-flopper.

KevinWan said:

Can I ask where you get your information from? Like a source for any of these claims, or the name of your fathers union, just to see what the President has done for(to) it recently? And are you a Christian, only I noticed you mentioning religion and the 'degrading' of culture but I just noticed you happened to be against "welfare for the poor", does this mean you are for welfare for the rich, and of course your own family, obviously. Does this also mean you are not poor, and so should be eligible for welfare? What would Jesus say?

Back
Top Bottom