• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is The President Looking Better Economically Than Bill Clinton?

Reiterating points because you seem unwilling to actually look at why the Republicans lost.

It had little to do with who was running on the Democrat Ticket. It had virtually everything to do with the fact that the GOP essentially sucked in 2008.

I read it the first time. Sucked just as bad second time around.

Those urban legends are why you people have lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections. Romney won two demographics....white men and voters over 65. Since whites will become a minority in the next couple of decades and folks over 65 are dying 100 times faster than those under 30 you might want to consider something different. T Party bull**** is not gonna cut it. Lower taxes for the wealthy funneling more and more money to the top ain't gonna cut it. Unfunded oil wars you declare knowing your offspring will be safe in an ivy league college ain't gonna cut it. You people are getting in deeper every time a Rand Paul or Grover Norquist opens their mouth.

republicans won 2 of the 6 last election cycles,one one election lost the popular vote.

your own method of defining winning is terrible,because 3 straight elections before republicans won popular vote and electoral vote,so republicans won 5 of the last 9 elections therefor the democrats will never win again and will get roflstomped.

like how i destroyed your logic????elections run in cycles,usually 2 democrat them 2 republican,rinse and repeat,you tried to exploit the fact the last 3 went democrat republcan democrat,in some hopes that no one had the brain power to actually research it.in the end all you do is troll and post continiously debunked numbers that end before obama on debt then spew a bunch a lies anyone who actually thinks can refute.

And that has to do with the Clinton economy exactly what?

I agree with you that Obama got elected because he's half black. He's liberal and got the liberal vote. He's half black and got the black vote and he's cooler than McCain and Romney put together. Romney had a stronger resume than Obama and is more qualified for the executive branch but Obama is better at media manipulation and public relations. Assad made a good point in his recent CNN interview when he said that our government is a social media government. More people are interested in Molly Cyrus than the conflict in Syria so I wouldn't be proud about electing flash over substance.

Do you know what pisses me off about this statement? Is that I am a young white republican and yet I know it I Miley Cyrus. Friggin media circus.

He doesn't realize that the republicans are going to stage a comeback. That children can't run a government effectively and that people will see right through the emotional left.

No.....but Bill Clinton was the best since Franklin Roosevelt.

That's like saying "the AIDS was the best thing since the Spanish Flu", in my book, but "our books" are obviously very different, so never mind.

Whatever is your opinion of the ideas that guided FDR or Clinton, you have to admit that:

(1) Clinton had assumed power at the very end of a recession, thus being a beneficiary of policies he had nothing to do with;
(2) Clinton had transferred power to Bush Jr at the very beginning of another sharp recession, thus making the latter 'responsible' for policies he had nothing to do with;
(3) Clinton had benefited, in public perception, from the technological boom he also had precious little to do with;
(4) Ditto for the post-Cold War "peace dividends";
(5) Clinton had his worst "liberal" impulses checked by the GOP controlling the Congress. Hence the (relatively) sane fiscal and trade policies, plus the welfare reform (oh how the "liberals" howled!);
(6) The deep structural problems in our economy, regulatory systems and social environment had been either ignored or exacerbated by the Clinton administrations; in particular, the policies that led to the financial meltdown of 2008 are at least as much "Clinton-Democratic" as "Bush-Republican".

We can continue, but my overall point is: While not a fan of Obama by any stretch of imagination, I don't think it is fair to compare them like this. Obama has to deal with the nuclear fallout of perfectly bipartisan irresponsibility of the previous decades - of which Bill Clinton is a perfect poster boy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom