• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Is the Presidency Driving Us Nuts?"

We tried Romney and y'all still made him out to be Hitler so I really don't see that as an honest statement or, at the very least, a false assessment of what the left does to even a very moderate person.

Y'all? hehe...I'm Canadian, man, can't pin that on me. Statement stands. :p

cut down to size and with reduced benefits, may be then they'll serve we the people instead of trying to rule us

I would prefer their pay and any benefits and even office expenses paid for by the various districts or states that elect said Representatives or Senators.

That would be healthy, but if I may, I'd like to address the "driving us nuts" part, at least in reference to Trump:

People seem to think this is about Trump being a Republican.
The man was a vile pig when he was a Democrat, and if he ran and won as a Democrat, I'd still hate him and I might have to consider leaving the party, seriously.
There is a reason WHY Trump didn't even consider running as a Democrat however.

If another Republican, almost ANY other Republican, had won...I wouldn't have been happy but I wouldn't be clawing the ceiling.
I would have griped and ruled it a survivable event.

The only other person I can think of that would drive me to the brink of sheer madness would be Ted Cruz, but I knew there wasn't a chance in Hell of him ever getting elected.

Never say "never." Trump's election is a lesson in this. I don't think anything will ever surprise me again--anything is possible. ;)

It absolutely empowers the President... what are you on about? It allows unilateral military action that can and has forced the hand of Congress...

If you bother to read Article II of the US Constitution, you will discover that POTUS is there empowered as C-in-C. If you bother to read a bit of history, you would discover that FDR made the point in the last century that POTUS can wage war, his words, but that only Congress can declare war.

WPA made it clear that regarding lawful military actions taken by POTUS without the advice and consent of Congress must be justified and explained at some point in time. Clearly you have not even read the law.

Not to worry, Congress has never used it. A typical character of Congress.

Indeed, all Congress can offer is legal sophistry in the form of AUMF, a document that thinks like you in utterly ignoring the words of Article II of USC.

Ignorance abounds!

Back
Top Bottom