• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the party over?

RobertU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The party was over. As I sit rereading The Great Gatsby amid the COVID-19 lockdowns, that phrase sticks with me . . . we’ve all got a chance to do some soul-searching about what really matters, a chance to reflect on just exactly what the “party” was and whether we want to resume it when life returns to normal. Popularity, pleasure, success start to feel pretty empty when I can’t have a beer with my best friend or hug my mom. — Kelly Scott Franklin, The National Review, June 1, 2020.

Has the pandemic changed your perspective on what is important in life? Have you become less materialistic or less ambitious? Or perhaps you think COVID-19 was a conspiracy to destroy the American Way of Life and you are ready to return to business as usual.

The party was over. As I sit rereading The Great Gatsby amid the COVID-19 lockdowns, that phrase sticks with me . . . we’ve all got a chance to do some soul-searching about what really matters, a chance to reflect on just exactly what the “party” was and whether we want to resume it when life returns to normal. Popularity, pleasure, success start to feel pretty empty when I can’t have a beer with my best friend or hug my mom. — Kelly Scott Franklin, The National Review, June 1, 2020.

Has the pandemic changed your perspective on what is important in life? Have you become less materialistic or less ambitious? Or perhaps you think COVID-19 was a conspiracy to destroy the American Way of Life and you are ready to return to business as usual.

It is a hurdle to get over.

For me there is nothing more precious than my family , loved ones and good friends.

And yes I do miss hugging them.

There is a lot be said about good a hug feels and the healing power of the “ HUMAN TOUCH “

Last edited:
Are you making an assumption that life is going to return to normal?

It's taught me that history can turn on a dime and has reinforced in my mind the conservative's motto that no matter how bad things get, they can always get worse.

It has definitely changed my priorities. I have come to appreciate my friends and family far more.

Not in that way no. I already knew relationships were more important than money or material things. If anything I really freaking miss my friends.

I have become more thrifty without reducing my quality of life though and I am happy about that.

It is a hurdle to get over.

If only the left leg and the right leg work together to jump. Unfortunately, the right leg believes masks don't work and the hurdle is just a hoax.

Its reminded me of how badly being shut in makes me feel

Back
Top Bottom