• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the LGBTQ movement increasing because of social trends?

Just because Fox news wasn't fearmongering about trans kids in the 70s/80s doesn't mean they didn't exist.

Is it your view that gender dysphoria doesn't exist?
Gender dysphoria symptoms are not necessarily the result of something which would merit hormone therapy or sex change surgery. It's more than medically and scientifically documented that various mental and developmental disorders can produce symptoms of gender dysphoria, and Occam's Razor would dictate that if the dysphoria can be resolved without the need for potentially harmful, irreversible body modifications, that that would be the superior option.

Gender dysphoria symptoms are not necessarily the result of something which would merit hormone therapy or sex change surgery. It's more than medically and scientifically documented that various mental and developmental disorders can produce symptoms of gender dysphoria, and Occam's Razor would dictate that if the dysphoria can be resolved without the need for potentially harmful, irreversible body modifications, that that would be the superior option.
I did not say having symptoms of gender dysphoria always merits hormone therapy or sex change surgery. My point is simply that gender dysphoria is real, and not some made up fad by the media.

I did not say having symptoms of gender dysphoria always merits hormone therapy or sex change surgery. My point is simply that gender dysphoria is real, and not some made up fad by the media.
Yeah, I think it's more than obvious that people feeling confused about there sexual identity "isn't made up by the media".

Bill Maher mentioned this on his show last month:

I definitely agree with Maher. There definitely seems to be an acceptance of wanting children who are confused or discovering who they are to identify themselves as LGBTQ even if they are not LGBTQ.

Schools have become a sort of grooming center for children to come out as LGBTQ. I think it is more than social trends. The LGBTQ movement it seems promotes Munchausen by proxy. Saying a child has a physical or mental illness when the person is not really sick.

I support equal rights for everyone, but the LGBTQ movement has become more radical and dangerous and must be investigated for putting the most vulnerable members of their community in danger.
Lots of parents showing off their trans kids at your small dinner parties, eh?

Do you even remember what school was like? The vast majority of teenagers don't care about politics AT ALL, and it has never been a significant reason for bullying. Further, half the country is heavily conservative, so in a huge number of districts they're going to outnumber liberals. Conservatives are not victims, and they're certainly not being bullied into suicide.

Even if conservatives were being bullied, it is absurd to pretend that bullying is some kind of zero-sum game. Reducing bullying of one minority does not cause an increase in bullying of another.

The point was missed again. I wasn't talking about just high school bullies. I mean adult woke mobbing and canceling.

But at the high school level, I bet other kinds of bullying are replacing gender based bullying. They can always find something.

So this is an elite coastal mindset? Showing of trans kids to impress your friends?
Is it? How often does it happen at your parties? How did it make you feel the first time someone showed up at your home to impress you with their trans child? I mean, you made the claim that this is happening more and more so obviously you must have personal experience. It's OK to share, you can anonymize names and leave out identifying details. How many people forced trans kids conversations into your home and/or school in, say, the last 30 days?

Please, feel free to share your experience; we'd all hate to think that you made up some BS that you heard on Tucker and passed it off as your own experience and judgment.

Is it? How often does it happen at your parties? How did it make you feel the first time someone showed up at your home to impress you with their trans child? I mean, you made the claim that this is happening more and more so obviously you must have personal experience. It's OK to share, you can anonymize names and leave out identifying details. How many people forced trans kids conversations into your home and/or school in, say, the last 30 days?

Please, feel free to share your experience; we'd all hate to think that you made up some BS that you heard on Tucker and passed it off as your own experience and judgment.
The answer to that is right next to the number of little crying CRT white boys.

We all know how it is competitive for liberals to get their children in private preschools or elementary schools. Its basically a dog and pony show to see which kid is the most diverse.

The point was missed again. I wasn't talking about just high school bullies. I mean adult woke mobbing and canceling.

But at the high school level, I bet other kinds of bullying are replacing gender based bullying. They can always find something.
Conservatives are not victims at any age.

We all know how it is competitive for liberals to get their children in private preschools or elementary schools. Its basically a dog and pony show to see which kid is the most diverse.
Yeah, I figured you were lying. That's too bad, but fortunately future lies by @Bucky are easily ignorable.

The answer to that is right next to the number of little crying CRT white boys.
Yeah pretty much. I'm amazed how people like the OP make up all these fantasies.... liberal dinner parties with parents comparing notes on trans children... it's bizarre. Is this what they dream of when they go to sleep? I mean, we all knew they were full of angst about Kenyan-born Muslim Obama but at least we could chalk that up to simple racism. But chipped vaccines? Fake election fraud? Windmills causing cancer? And now @Bucky's fantasy of liberal dinner parties showing off trans kids? It's just bizarre.

It is important to teach them LGBTQ acceptance for the same reason you teach racial acceptance. And later it is an important part of sex education.
Do you also think it is important to teach religious students in public schools that their religious books are all wrong?

Generations of LGBTQ people have been bullied and ostracized by peers, rejected by their families, and abused in many ways. If you didn't notice this mistreatment, that just speaks to your oblivious privilege.
Isn't revenge sweet? Now those LGBTQ kids get to bully the religious kids because they have wokeness, political correctness and Joe Biden backing up this new flavor of hate and intolerance.

Gay people scare you?

If a 5 year old is being raised by two married men, that 5 year old shouldn't acknowledge that? Or his friends?

They aren't going back in the closet, much as you wish they would.
Every kid deserves a father and mother.....unless you are liberal and only care about adults.....no surprise....they abort a third of kids anyways.

Do you also think it is important to teach religious students in public schools that their religious books are all wrong?
If public schools teaching acceptance are challenging your religious views maybe you should reconsider your religious views. Public schools should not be reinforcing hate. And if public schools have to align to the religious beliefs, which religion and sect should they align to? There are many out there. Not to mention they are supposed to secular.

As I said before many people used their religion to justify racial discrimination, so are integrated schools and teaching racial tolerance telling them "their books are wrong" too?

Every kid deserves a father and mother.....unless you are liberal and only care about adults.....no surprise....they abort a third of kids anyways.

Every child deserves loving parents. Unless you're a moron and don't know anything about raising children.

The gays are here to stay and are no longer hiding in closets because of ignorant bigots who obsess about who other adults marry, love or have sex with.

Except there's science to back up that distinction.

LOL! Really? The scientific method has been used to empirically determine that sucking dick and using a gag-ball while being whipped are two distinctly different genetic traits?

Have they identified the protein in DNA that differentiates that distinction? Is it a chromosomal imbalance?

Read me the study.

My friend Roger would disagree.
LMAO cause his opinions and feelings matter to facts 😂🤣
that makes your failed dishonest retarded false narrative op look even more stupid
🍿

Bill Maher mentioned this on his show last month:

I definitely agree with Maher. There definitely seems to be an acceptance of wanting children who are confused or discovering who they are to identify themselves as LGBTQ even if they are not LGBTQ.

Schools have become a sort of grooming center for children to come out as LGBTQ. I think it is more than social trends. The LGBTQ movement it seems promotes Munchausen by proxy. Saying a child has a physical or mental illness when the person is not really sick.

I support equal rights for everyone, but the LGBTQ movement has become more radical and dangerous and must be investigated for putting the most vulnerable members of their community in danger.

In the same way that “social trends encouraged” people to be left handed when we stopped beating children for using their left hands.

How many people are born BDSM? Just curious...for a friend.

WHAT THE HELL?
Born BDSM????

sNjSqyI.gif

tell us you are monumentally uneducated about this topic without telling us your are monumentally uneducated about this topic
Wow that was one of the dumbest things all time that i have read about this topic, congrats!

Back
Top Bottom