• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Kenosha Police Chief okay with the shooting?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I watched a video of the Kenosha police chief talking about the shooting by the 17 year old the other night. He seemed to suggest that the shooting was the protesters fault and not the 17 year old as the protesters were out after curfew. My first thought was so was the 17 year old. And he was violating the law as to open carry you have to be 18. All of this after seeing the cops giving water to the shooter before the shooting and allowing the shooter to leave the scene even with people chasing the shooter and yelling to cops that the shooter had killed someone. So now the Chief seems to be making excuses for the shooter that do not really make sense. And though in custody, the shooter remains in Illinois waiting an extradition hearing. Who knows how that will go. THe shooter could remain outside of the hands of Wisconsin law enforcement. SO I believe that although the Chief may not approve of the shooting, he seems to think there was an excuse for it and thus okay with him.

I watched a video of the Kenosha police chief talking about the shooting by the 17 year old the other night. He seemed to suggest that the shooting was the protesters fault and not the 17 year old as the protesters were out after curfew. My first thought was so was the 17 year old. And he was violating the law as to open carry you have to be 18. All of this after seeing the cops giving water to the shooter before the shooting and allowing the shooter to leave the scene even with people chasing the shooter and yelling to cops that the shooter had killed someone. So now the Chief seems to be making excuses for the shooter that do not really make sense. And though in custody, the shooter remains in Illinois waiting an extradition hearing. Who knows how that will go. THe shooter could remain outside of the hands of Wisconsin law enforcement. SO I believe that although the Chief may not approve of the shooting, he seems to think there was an excuse for it and thus okay with him.

He probably is. The cops right now are in full "reelect Trump no matter what " mode roght now

From what I just read, a New York Times article, it appears the kid was in fact legitimately defending himself. He had spoken to the police and was on friendly terms with them.

There are still some grey areas about certain details, but the kid fired his rifle after someone else across the street fired a hand gun while he was being chased. He turned and fired 4 shots, including at the man/kid who was chasing him and lunged toward him.

Tracking Kyle Rittenhouse in the Fatal Kenosha Shootings - The New York Times

Back
Top Bottom