• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the House Voting on a Continuing Resolution or Not?

CalGun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

If you look at cnn.com there is no mention of a House Vote today on the continuing resolution to keep our government going without obamacare. Yet over at Foxnews.com its headline material.

The only story on the entire front page of the cnn.com web site is a "Ted Cruz" and "Republican" make up link. Not one thing about the Republican's effort to finally get serious about obamafarce.

If you look at cnn.com there is no mention of a House Vote today on the continuing resolution to keep our government going without obamacare. Yet over at Foxnews.com its headline material.

The only story on the entire front page of the cnn.com web site is a "Ted Cruz" and "Republican" make up link. Not one thing about the Republican's effort to finally get serious about obamafarce.

I think I will look to see, what CNBC is saying.

Front page of CNN:

Nice try though.

Politics page is internal. The only thing on the CNN.com home page is their "live coverage" video running which changes routinely. It would seem consistent the leftist democratic run and owned lame stream media is doing its best to deny the Republicans their success in killing the monstrosity of obamacare as the majority of people in this nation would like them to do.

Politics page is internal. The only thing on the CNN.com home page is their "live coverage" video running which changes routinely. It would seem consistent the leftist democratic run and owned lame stream media is doing its best to deny the Republicans their success in killing the monstrosity of obamacare as the majority of people in this nation would like them to do.

Do you know what moving the goalpost is? It is when you get proven wrong and then try and change what you said. You did not look for the coverage which is actually fairly heavy on CNN, including an editorial from a big name republican.

SO why did you move the goal post from cnn.com too cnn.com/politics?

I know I know, its what you do when you can't admit the bias of your news agency.

Do you know what moving the goalpost is? It is when you get proven wrong and then try and change what you said. You did not look for the coverage which is actually fairly heavy on CNN, including an editorial from a big name republican.

Is the House Voting on a Continuing Resolution or Not?

not really. the house is engaging in a political stunt by trying to pass a bill which has no chance of going anywhere.

i have to say that i'm pretty disgusted. i hate the PPACA too, but the Republicans stood in the way of real reform, so we got this piece of **** instead. they have also worked to block pretty much everything the administration has tried to do except for the **** that sucked like the patriot act. both sides do this, and i'm sick of it.

our system is broken. pretty much everyone hates congress, and it's well deserved. we need to wipe out all gerrymandering nationwide, and it needs to become easier to get on the ballot. we need more parties to choose from.

i vote candidate by candidate, and there are some local Republicans who i support and who are good people. however, i don't see a scenario in which i could vote for one nationally in the near future, unless their presidential candidate is just flat out awesome and publicly condemns this kind of bull****. honestly, i'm having trouble voting for Democrats in national races, but sometimes i do because the Republican opponent just says something absolutely off the wall.

you're pushing the independents away with this stupid bull****.

CNN as well as MSNBC and FOX carried it live. .

not really. the house is engaging in a political stunt by trying to pass a bill which has no chance of going anywhere.

i have to say that i'm pretty disgusted. i hate the PPACA too, but the Republicans stood in the way of real reform, so we got this piece of **** instead. they have also worked to block pretty much everything the administration has tried to do except for the **** that sucked like the patriot act. both sides do this, and i'm sick of it.

our system is broken. pretty much everyone hates congress, and it's well deserved. we need to wipe out all gerrymandering nationwide, and it needs to become easier to get on the ballot. we need more parties to choose from.

i vote candidate by candidate, and there are some local Republicans who i support and who are good people. however, i don't see a scenario in which i could vote for one nationally in the near future, unless their presidential candidate is just flat out awesome and publicly condemns this kind of bull****. honestly, i'm having trouble voting for Democrats in national races, but sometimes i do because the Republican opponent just says something absolutely off the wall.

you're pushing the independents away with this stupid bull****.

So they're going to vote liberal instead? Do the independents in this country have any ****ing integrity left? You can't drive people away unless they didn't have any principles to start with. That's why I say, there are no independents or centrists or any of the supposed middle-of-the-ground bull****. They are just people who want to be part of the winning team.

So they're going to vote liberal instead? Do the independents in this country have any ****ing integrity left? You can't drive people away unless they didn't have any principles to start with.

when forced to pick a side in the duopoly, most will pick the side that pisses them off the least. personally, i would prefer third party. however, i look at this **** and just shake my head. we have an enormous debt and deficit, yet raising taxes is completely off the table. we are still the pro bono world police force while our infrastructure is crumbling, and we are doing almost nothing to prepare for a time when oil gets truly scarce. on top of that, we pay much more for worse healthcare outcomes than any other first world nation, and any attempt to fix this is fought tooth and nail, resulting in idiotic "solutions" like the PPACA being purchased by special interests.

as for principles, independents have plenty. we are principled enough to not sign up for my party right or wrong bull****. most of us were driven out because the choices suck so badly, yet those are the choices we're left with because the duopoly has gerrymandered itself into permanent power. the whole system needs to be fixed; it's failing, and we are all affected by this failure.

Back
Top Bottom