• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is the Government allowed to allow abortion?

So that message was truly irrelevant then?

jimmy -

"This has gone beyond a question of intelligence; we are now in the realm of psychological analysis."

"No, I used it to better understand the psychology of the pro-abortionist."

Apparently psychological analysis is not your thing.
It is time for you to give up and move on...

Obviously that will not happen and I await the arrival of the Master of Irrelevancy to strike again!

From,

The Master of Manipulation
Bodi

BodiSatva said:
So that message was truly irrelevant then?

jimmy -

"This has gone beyond a question of intelligence; we are now in the realm of psychological analysis."

"No, I used it to better understand the psychology of the pro-abortionist."

Apparently psychological analysis is not your thing.
It is time for you to give up and move on...

Obviously that will not happen and I await the arrival of the Master of Irrelevancy to strike again!

From,

The Master of Manipulation
Bodi

It is everyone’s right to analyse psychologically, why are you so keen to keep removing people’s rights?

jimmyjack said:
It is everyone’s right to analyse psychologically, why are you so keen to keep removing people’s rights?

I think the point he was making is that you're analysis is lacking, and thus ultimately useless.

afr0byte said:
I think the point he was making is that you're analysis is lacking, and thus ultimately useless.

I get that feeling too, it is a shame he doesn’t understand.

jimmyjack said:
I get that feeling too, it is a shame he doesn’t understand.

What the heck? I was talking about you, not Bodi. Yes I accidentally used "you're" instead of "your."

afr0byte said:
What the heck? I was talking about you, not Bodi. Yes I accidentally used "you're" instead of "your."

I think we have just established you are both lacking in analytical ability.

You get 25 points for trying. Haha...nice jimmy.

thanks afro, what you said was clear enough.

Jerry said:
Then the government can not forbid late-term abortions either.
Once it does, the whole issue of *what is a "person"* comes up, and that is what The People can not agree on.

Even if one were to say "a fetus is a person at @ the 22-24 week mark because then it has a brain and can think", the government can not use that because that is a Deist/Luciferian/Humanist reasoning, and the 1st. Amend. prevents Congress from officiating that view.

It seems that abortion is an issue that the government must answer, but can not due to the first Amend......even though it must...and without violating the 1st......which is impossible no matter which way it goes.

U.S. law does not allow this issue to be put to bed. I suspect that only a global theocracy could do that.

....but that's another issue entirely.

Don't count on it. The supreme court could decide no only that Roe was wrong, but it could make a determination that human life begins at conception, and outlaw all abortions nationwide as a consitutional matter.

IMO, we are not far from that point.

BodiSatva said:
Oh where are you steen and ngdawg!!!
We are still around. Is JJ feeding you irrelevant quotes? He did that before I put him on ignore. Reality clearly is not the issue for him; he did believe that if he fought satan (aka "pro-abortionists) then he will be "saved." That seems to be the only thing he is about.

jimmyjack said:
I think we have just established you are both lacking in analytical ability.

The fact that I disagree with you says nothing about my analytical ability.

afr0byte said:
The fact that I disagree with you says nothing about my analytical ability.

I agree, it is the content of your arguments that gives it way.

jimmyjack said:

Oh, really? I'm not the one using a book of fiction to support my arguments (in other threads).

jimmyjack said:

I know you are but what am I? :nahnah:

(see, I can do it too)

ooohhh that was a good one jallman!

Sweet move, haha. That should about do it with jimmy.

BodiSatva said:
ooohhh that was a good one jallman!

Sweet move, haha. That should about do it with jimmy.

thanks, I think...wait, are you being sarcastic...its so hard to tell on here and I have a sarcastic humor myself, so I dunno. I kind of got the feeling there was some hostility in another thread...but we are on the same side, right?

jallman said:
thanks, I think...wait, are you being sarcastic...its so hard to tell on here and I have a sarcastic humor myself, so I dunno. I kind of got the feeling there was some hostility in another thread...but we are on the same side, right?

As a centrist, I'd say you're more of a balancing act.

Haha NICE!

Yeah, on the other one there was some perhaps...
But so what...
That was funny and I honestly laughed.

We will side on some and not on others...it is all good, right?

Perhaps...but derivation from the norm is part of the ‘way’

Regardless, initially when I went to use Bodi as my name somewhere, on an Email addy I think, the original spelling was taken…I have been Bodi for a long time no and I see no sense in changing it…especially when you already know what I mean…and especially since it is just a name…

BodiSatva said:
Perhaps...but derivation from the norm is part of the ‘way’

Regardless, initially when I went to use Bodi as my name somewhere, on an Email addy I think, the original spelling was taken…I have been Bodi for a long time no and I see no sense in changing it…especially when you already know what I mean…and especially since it is just a name…

Indeed, nondualism my man.

jallman said:

(see, I can do it too)

Your reply makes no sense in relation to my comment.

jimmyjack said:
Your reply makes no sense in relation to my comment.

(you know the sad thing is, it is actually kind of fun to be so silly, now I know why he likes it)

afr0byte said:
Oh, really? I'm not the one using a book of fiction to support my arguments (in other threads).

Those threads where debating what the bible says about abortion, so unless I reference that bible how else do I counter their misguided conclusions?

jimmyjack said:
Those threads where debating what the bible says about abortion, so unless I reference that bible how else do I counter their misguided conclusions?

So what does the bible specifically say concerning abortion, jimmyjack?

Hold on...let me grab a cold beer for this....

There, now please, have at it. In case you forgot...what does the bible specifically say about abortion?

Back
Top Bottom