• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the GOP Fooling Trump?

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The Republican Party has a chance to learn something from Donald Trump here. He has a very specific playbook that the war hawks have been watching play out all year. They now have a way to essentially pull the wool over his eyes. I won't go so far as to say that they are actually really planning to do this, because there is no evidence to support it. Just an observation and a political opportunity that has presented itself to me, here now that Trump is the "presumptive nominee." Notice how they keep using that term???

Ever since the fishy Cruz-Kasich deal came out, I found it odd that one after the other on the same day no less that they both dropped out of the race. Was this the deal?? For months Kasich has been saying that he would stay in the race until the convention. He was happiest thinking about a contested convention! Even while Cruz dropped out, Kasich was saying he would stay in. Something happened behind the scenes here on Tuesday that could be very, very telling in the months to come.

What could have possibly happened? A political coup that seems to be kicking Donald Trump in the butt right now. That is, if anybody actually cared what the GOP establishment is doing. When you look at their public perception, I don't see that being all too positive right now. However, as goes their inflated egos, there could still be plans in the making backstage. Not necessarily to outright steal the nomination away from Trump (as was the public message), but remember these people can study an enemy for a long time and figure out how to destroy him. These are political operatives not TV talking heads!

A pretty good way for the Republican Party to re-brand itself and to unite the party is by letting Trump "win"! Let's face it, the powers that be essentially handed Trump the nomination on Tuesday. They let him have it. Were they planning this all along? From the beginning??? They were planning to duke it out until the end, and then suddenly they all just gave up??? Does Trump not see this? Does anybody see this???

Now they will force him to put his words into actions. Actions which will no doubt turn very, very public. The public faces of the Republican Party Romney, Ryan, McCain, and the Bushes are all not endorsing him and they plan on not going to the convention (except Ryan he is only hesitant). The Koch brothers are staying out of the race and they don't like Trump either. Lower level female Governors like Nikki Haley have said they are not interested in the VP slot. They are choosing their words very carefully to not piss off the voters but not necessarily show great love for Trump. This has the potential to be all deliberate. Choose the Joker as the King in order to whip the kingdom into shape.

To what end is this? Are the Republicans deliberately trying to loose the election by giving Trump false hope and empty promises? Are the GOP using Trump's own playbook against him?

The Republican Party has a chance to learn something from Donald Trump here. He has a very specific playbook that the war hawks have been watching play out all year. They now have a way to essentially pull the wool over his eyes. I won't go so far as to say that they are actually really planning to do this, because there is no evidence to support it. Just an observation and a political opportunity that has presented itself to me, here now that Trump is the "presumptive nominee." Notice how they keep using that term???

Ever since the fishy Cruz-Kasich deal came out, I found it odd that one after the other on the same day no less that they both dropped out of the race. Was this the deal?? For months Kasich has been saying that he would stay in the race until the convention. He was happiest thinking about a contested convention! Even while Cruz dropped out, Kasich was saying he would stay in. Something happened behind the scenes here on Tuesday that could be very, very telling in the months to come.

What could have possibly happened? A political coup that seems to be kicking Donald Trump in the butt right now. That is, if anybody actually cared what the GOP establishment is doing. When you look at their public perception, I don't see that being all too positive right now. However, as goes their inflated egos, there could still be plans in the making backstage. Not necessarily to outright steal the nomination away from Trump (as was the public message), but remember these people can study an enemy for a long time and figure out how to destroy him. These are political operatives not TV talking heads!

A pretty good way for the Republican Party to re-brand itself and to unite the party is by letting Trump "win"! Let's face it, the powers that be essentially handed Trump the nomination on Tuesday. They let him have it. Were they planning this all along? From the beginning??? They were planning to duke it out until the end, and then suddenly they all just gave up??? Does Trump not see this? Does anybody see this???

Now they will force him to put his words into actions. Actions which will no doubt turn very, very public. The public faces of the Republican Party Romney, Ryan, McCain, and the Bushes are all not endorsing him and they plan on not going to the convention (except Ryan he is only hesitant). The Koch brothers are staying out of the race and they don't like Trump either. Lower level female Governors like Nikki Haley have said they are not interested in the VP slot. They are choosing their words very carefully to not piss off the voters but not necessarily show great love for Trump. This has the potential to be all deliberate. Choose the Joker as the King in order to whip the kingdom into shape.

To what end is this? Are the Republicans deliberately trying to loose the election by giving Trump false hope and empty promises? Are the GOP using Trump's own playbook against him?
What pulling the wool over Trump's eyes? I doubt Trump is expecting their support and with shadow money being all the rage, I expect the GOP establishment to start fueling and funding Hillary's campaign.

What pulling the wool over Trump's eyes? I doubt Trump is expecting their support and with shadow money being all the rage, I expect the GOP establishment to start fueling and funding Hillary's campaign.

If they do they are done. THere are no secrets in washington, and this is something that the little people will take notice of.

However that is not to say that the R elite are not dumb enough to do it.

Even I, the guy who has been saying that both parties need to die, that Washington is broken, that the corporate class own the joint, for YEARS......even I am surprised by how incompetent these empty suits and bras are.

I don't think it's that complicated.

For the general election he needs money from republican donors and the party, and he needs to get Paul Ryan to believe in him. After all, Ryan carries the grand ideas to the troops. And that means moderating, and supporting the republican platform.

But dealing with Trump is like shark fishing. You really never can be sure who is fishing for who!

For the general election he needs money from republican donors and the party, and he needs to get Paul Ryan to believe in him. After all, Ryan carries the grand ideas to the troops. And that means moderating, and supporting the republican platform.

But dealing with Trump is like shark fishing. You really never can be sure who is fishing for who!

Trump needs 3 friends to help fund him, and Ryan can go fvck himself if he refuses to fall into line.

EDIT: though at this point I assume that Ryan is playing, which Don will respect, to a point. And Trump gives warnings when that point is near, Ryan will have every opportunity to get this right.

Last edited:

This line is a keeper! <-- See what I did there?

Great line. Best I can do is dealing with Trump and the trumpettes is like wrestling with a pig. You can't win, you're covered in **** and the pig loves it!

Great line. Best I can do is dealing with Trump and the trumpettes is like wrestling with a pig. You can't win, you're covered in **** and the pig loves it!

You next president is not a pig, He his a human, and an American citizen.

Treat him as such if you want to be taken seriously.

Seriously.

Last edited:
You next president is not a pig, He his a human, and an American citizen.

Treat him as such if you want to be taken seriously.

Seriously.

Sorry about this post. I was occupied, mind divided.

Orly liked it before I changed it a lot, maybe he no longer approves.

It was funny and has some truth to it.

Why would it bother you?

OK OK...chill, we are pals.

Just trying to breathe some humor into this oh so serious place.

;)

Last edited:

The simplest answer to your question about why Cruz-Kasich dropped out so closely to each other is "money". Both of them were heavily dependent upon other people's money...and I'm not talking about common, individual people. I'm talking about the people who bundle BIG amounts of money. These guys poured 10's of millions into the effort to stop Trump...and none of that worked. They could all see that Trump was going to be the nominee no matter how much they spent.

Now...I don't, for a moment, believe the GOP Elite have given up on their opposition to Trump. A number of them are not going to play politics this election cycle, the media is still going to report stuff about Trump in their slanted fashion and now things are shifting to Congressional GOP attitudes toward him.

1. The Bush and Romney families are sitting this election out. Other prominent GOP figures have said they'll vote for Hillary.

2. A classic example of how the media is treating Trump now is this interview:

Kelly is a sly one, that's for sure.

3. Ryan's weasel-worded interview really just comes down to him saying that Trump is going to have to come to him if Trump wants Ryan's support. Trump's response pretty much set the tone for that upcoming conflict.

trump-response-ryan.jpg

For those of us who aren't invested in the "herd mentality style of politics", all I can say is, grab your popcorn...this is going to get good.

The simplest answer to your question about why Cruz-Kasich dropped out so closely to each other is "money". Both of them were heavily dependent upon other people's money...and I'm not talking about common, individual people. I'm talking about the people who bundle BIG amounts of money. These guys poured 10's of millions into the effort to stop Trump...and none of that worked. They could all see that Trump was going to be the nominee no matter how much they spent.

Now...I don't, for a moment, believe the GOP Elite have given up on their opposition to Trump. A number of them are not going to play politics this election cycle, the media is still going to report stuff about Trump in their slanted fashion and now things are shifting to Congressional GOP attitudes toward him.

1. The Bush and Romney families are sitting this election out. Other prominent GOP figures have said they'll vote for Hillary.

2. A classic example of how the media is treating Trump now is this interview:

Kelly is a sly one, that's for sure.

3. Ryan's weasel-worded interview really just comes down to him saying that Trump is going to have to come to him if Trump wants Ryan's support. Trump's response pretty much set the tone for that upcoming conflict.

View attachment 67200989

For those of us who aren't invested in the "herd mentality style of politics", all I can say is, grab your popcorn...this is going to get good.

Ryan might very well be out of his league. He has very few weeks to get his **** together.

Back
Top Bottom