• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the GOP a Hate Organization?

In the eyes of the federal statures, there is no such thing as a hate group. Nonetheless, there are more hate organizations operating in the US now than at any time in American history.

A hate group as defined outside of the statures is one with beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people. Hate activities can include marches, rallies, speeches, meetings, leafleting, publishing or criminal acts. Recently, a list was compiled by listing publications and web sites of hate groups.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, 1,002 active hate organizations and their chapters were known to be active during 2010. They include John Birch Society, Arian brotherhood, various white citizen councils, skin heads, gay bashers, anti abortionists, pro-war and capital punishment advocates.

Many of the radical ideas and ultraconservative Christian principles that are so important to right-wing haters have been co-opted by conservative politicians across the country. This is evident by the GOP stance against immigration, abortion, same-sex marriage, Muslims, etc., which allows the bigotry of these hate groups to be heard in the political arena where hatred has long occupied the fringe of conservative thought.

Most dramatic growth in the radical right came in the anti government “patriot” movement, with conspiracy-minded organizations that see the federal government as their primary enemy.

Considering hate groups affiliation with the Republican Party, it is understandable why right wing politicians campaign on such strong anti-immigration, Muslim, gay and racial hatred in appealing to the base of the GOP.

It's unwise to try and label a whole group of people like the GOP as a hate group. I am sure you wouldn't appreciate it if democrats were castigated in like fashion.

I didn't "label" anyone anything. I merely raised the question. But if you think it's okay to attack people based on their race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, income status, education or place of birth as the GOP does, then I'd be interested in hearing your reasoning. Or if you like, you may flip the script and "castigate" all the democrats you so desire. But until then, my question has to do with the hate and fear tactics used by the GOP.

Yeah. This sentence says all we need to know:

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, 1,002 active hate organizations and their chapters were known to be active during 2010. They include John Birch Society, Arian brotherhood, various white citizen councils, skin heads, gay bashers, anti abortionists, pro-war and capital punishment advocates.

So, if you're a doctrinaire conservative, against abortion, supportive of the troops and their mission, and for the death penalty, you're part of a "hate group."

This list isn't worth the paper it's printed on, but it IS typical of SPLC.

Harshaw;bt1401 said:

So, if you're a doctrinaire conservative, against abortion, supportive of the troops and their mission, and for the death penalty, you're part of a "hate group."

It's the level of which they take their dislike of that is the reason they're on that list.

It's the level of which they take their dislike of that is the reason they're on that list.

And you base that on what?

Common ****ing sense.

It's one thing to dislike abortion. It's an entirely different thing to say you want to kill abortion doctors.

Harshaw;bt1401 said:

I see you failed to identify a single hate group on the list of hate groups that's limited to just those activities.

Common ****ing sense.

It's one thing to dislike abortion. It's an entirely different thing to say you want to kill abortion doctors.

Which anti-abortion "groups" do this? I asked you how you know; I at least expected links to these groups. But instead, you just work from assumption.

mrsellr;bt1406 said:
I see you failed to identify a single hate group on the list of hate groups that's limited to just those activities.

It's not my job to identify the "hate groups." This is your blog post; it's yours. And as you didn't provide any links, I have no idea which specific groups you have in mind.

You simply identified political viewpoints. You appear to be simply labeling people you disagree with as "hate groups." Convenient, if not a little totalitarian.

Last edited:
Rescue America is one I can name off the top of my head.

Army of God is another.

I'll try to get a list later. My Internet is slow right now.

There are anti-abortion groups which are extremist, and there are general hate groups which decided anti-abortion was one of their planks.

This does not mean you're suspect, or a "hate group," merely because you're anti-abortion. The OP certainly appears to think you are. And the SPLC has demonstrated itself more than willing to make that leap, too.

Shall we name the fringe left-wing terrorist groups and pin them on the Democrats, or mainstream liberals? (And heck, the American Nazi Party endorsed OWS, so what should make of that if we put it through the calculus of this blog post?)

How about the others? Death penalty, etc.?

Harshaw;bt1408 said:
It's not my job to identify the "hate groups." This is your blog post; it's yours. And as you didn't provide any links, I have no idea which specific groups you have in mind.

You simply identified political viewpoints. You appear to be simply labeling people you disagree with as "hate groups." Convenient, if not a little totalitarian.

If you want to refute my claims, then you have to do your own research. That's how the debate thing works. Don't ask me for links when you know you won't accept them in the first place. Play stupid with someone else who has more time.

Harshaw;bt1410 said:
There are anti-abortion groups which are extremist, and there are general hate groups which decided anti-abortion was one of their planks.

This does not mean you're suspect, or a "hate group," merely because you're anti-abortion. The OP certainly appears to think you are. And the SPLC has demonstrated itself more than willing to make that leap, too.
To oppose abortion is one thing, just don't have one, period. But when you try to impose your draconian religious beliefs on someone else, to create hardships for any person or family who wants to plan their family, is a hate crime. Women are protected by the constitution too.

Shall we name the fringe left-wing terrorist groups and pin them on the Democrats, or mainstream liberals? (And heck, the American Nazi Party endorsed OWS, so what should make of that if we put it through the calculus of this blog post?)
Please do name a fringe left-wing terrorist group. I don't know of any... and because the American Nazi Party endorsed OWS (which is not a left-wing terrorist group) so what. I would think most Nazis can realize some benefits from identifying with the 99%ers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom