• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the God of Judeo-Christian belief and the God of Islam the same entity?

Grandpappy

America First Populist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I’ve heard Christians say no, but isn’t it the same God, just different interpretations?

I’ve heard Christians say no, but isn’t it the same God, just different interpretations?

If it is the same God, can you tell me, why he forbids alcohol in Islam - and allows it and even commands it for Christians and Jews?

The Jews invented the god, Granted they got most info from the Summarians,
But it is theirs, all the early prophets are theirs.
they have the patient on it.

The Christians stole the God, added more Gods to it,
Changed the rules, ... and turned on the Jews..

Then the Muslims stole the God,
Eliminated the Christian Gods.
Modifies all the stories,
turned all the characters into Muslims, at a time when Muslims did not exist.
Added their own prophet.
changed the rules again,
And turned on the Jews and Christians.

Now God is either a wishy/washy schizophrenic, who simply cannot make up his mind,

Or they are different Gods .

And "interpretation' is a childish excuse.
"manipulation" is a better definition.
Modified to manipulate the masses.

Yes, they are just different interpretations of the same basic myth.

If that is the case, where do the Muslims get their info from.

The qur'an
Christians use the Bible
Jews go by the Torah

Someone else wondered, if it is the same God why is it that Muslims cannot drink alcohol, while Christians can?
For all religions men make up the rules, they change them from time to time. Catholics can eat meat on Fridays now, it was not that way 60 years ago.

The qur'an
Christians use the Bible
Jews go by the Torah

Someone else wondered, if it is the same God why is it that Muslims cannot drink alcohol, while Christians can?
For all religions men make up the rules, they change them from time to time. Catholics can eat meat on Fridays now, it was not that way 60 years ago.

Which more or less shows they make up their own gods, instead of following the True God...

Which more or less shows they make up their own gods, instead of following the True God...

And yet you are now making the very same “True God” claim that they do! Not one bit of real difference.

And yet you are now making the very same “True God” claim that they do! Not one bit of real difference.

Yes, there is...I follow God's Word even though at times i do not understand the reasoning behind it, I do not make up my own rules...

You are almost correct. They do make up their own God plus, if you ask them, they follow the one true God.

Just like if i was to ask you, you would say that you follow the one true God.

BTW, Some of those men who make up the rules, that I referred to in my earlier post, are in the Watchtower and Tract Society.

You are almost correct. They do make up their own God plus, if you ask them, they follow the one true God.

Just like if i was to ask you, you would say that you follow the one true God.

BTW, Some of those men who make up the rules, that I referred to in my earlier post, are in the Watchtower and Tract Society.

Wrong...we follow where God's Word leads us...

The Jews invented the god, Granted they got most info from the Summarians,
But it is theirs, all the early prophets are theirs.
they have the patient on it.

The Christians stole the God, added more Gods to it,
Changed the rules, ... and turned on the Jews..

Then the Muslims stole the God,
Eliminated the Christian Gods.
Modifies all the stories,
turned all the characters into Muslims, at a time when Muslims did not exist.
Added their own prophet.
changed the rules again,
And turned on the Jews and Christians.

There is some logic in that!

Wrong...we follow where God's Word leads us...

I think if you were to look deeper into it, you would find you follow what the Watchtower tells you is God's word.

I think if you were to look deeper into it, you would find you follow what the Watchtower tells you is God's word.

I think not...

The qur'an

Why not call it:

القرآن al-Qur'ān,

:roll:
...... to show off your "knowledge" of foreign languages!:roll:

For me that book is quite simply "the Koran".

The qur'an
Christians use the Bible
Jews go by the Torah

The Qur'an is plagarized from Judaism, Christianity, Zoroastrianism, and Greek medical.
Where did the Muslims get the information to write the Qur'an, was the question.

Remember, someone said interpretations,

I said "manipulations".

Yes, there is...I follow God's Word even though at times i do not understand the reasoning behind it, I do not make up my own rules...

Ummm....you just made up your own rule: that’s you do not make up your own rules.

Well, all the authors of the various texts would be influenced by the socio-political conditions of their community, hence the differences. You can see this effect throughout the biblical anthology.

Well, all the authors of the various texts would be influenced by the socio-political conditions of their community, hence the differences. You can see this effect throughout the biblical anthology.

Sounds good in theory, however they had no texts,
The reason we know so little about these people is that everyone was illiterate, and nothing was written down.
The only source they had were the previous religions they stole the writings from, and changed them with a Muslim slant.

Dis you even read the differences, some are completely insane.

Back to my original statement.
There was no "interpretation".
It was "Manipulation".

Last edited:
Sounds good in theory, however they had no texts,

It is true of every text I have studied from the Iliad or the Bible to those of the Romaioi. They always reflect the society that produced them.

The reason we know so little about these people is that everyone was illiterate, and nothing was written down.

The earliest known texts date to the Umayyad period, not too long after the time of Muhammad. Of course they originated with an oral tradition, much like the Jewish texts and even those of the early Christians.

The only source they had were the previous religions they stole the writings from, and changed them with a Muslim slant.

And Christianity did the same thing. I'm not saying they weren't influenced by earlier traditions.

Dis you even read the differences, some are completely insane.

And we can say the same for Christian texts that claim virgin births and sightings of the walking dead.

Back to my original statement.
There was no "interpretation".
It was "Manipulation".

You hardly present a compelling case.

It is true of every text I have studied from the Iliad or the Bible to those of the Romaioi. They always reflect the society that produced them.

The earliest known texts date to the Umayyad period, not too long after the time of Muhammad. Of course they originated with an oral tradition, much like the Jewish texts and even those of the early Christians.

And Christianity did the same thing. I'm not saying they weren't influenced by earlier traditions.

And we can say the same for Christian texts that claim virgin births and sightings of the walking dead.

You hardly present a compelling case.

Mainly because you are inventing an argument that had nothing to do with what I said.

The case presented was that the texts were manipulated, not interpreted.
There was no other source for the Muslim religion.
It was fabricated from the texts of other religions in the area.
Just because some other religion did the same thing does not excuse the fact it was total fabrication, not interpretation,.
As far as I am concerned, they are all phony.

Last edited:
Per Spook: lIt is true of every text I have studied from the Iliad or the Bible to those of the Romaioi. They always reflect the society that produced them.”

Exactly true. That is why Christians call God “the Lord”, because in the Old Testament he was fashioned after the tyrants of the time who basically exercised all power to determine the fate of his subjects, from favoring them to being extremely harsh and even to the point of death to them. It was the culture of the times. And thus the writers of that period reflected that culture by imagining a God of similar power over his “flock”. And thus the God of the Old Testament became one of vengeance who would do quite awful things to those who defied him in any way. They transferred the culture that they were experiencing to their spiritual “Lord”.

Mainly because you are inventing an argument that had nothing to do with what I said.

No, I am presenting an hypothesis to counter your claim.

The case presented was that the texts were manipulated, not interpreted.

It wasn't much of a case.

There was no other source for the Muslim religion.
It was fabricated from the texts of other religions in the area.
Just because some other religion did the same thing does not excuse the fact it was total fabrication, not interpretation,.
As far as I am concerned, they are all phony.

I think they are too, but I assess the texts from the POV of an ancient historian.

Back
Top Bottom