• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the God of Judeo-Christian belief and the God of Islam the same entity?

Mainly because you are inventing an argument that had nothing to do with what I said.

No, I am presenting an hypothesis to counter your claim.

The case presented was that the texts were manipulated, not interpreted.

It wasn't much of a case.

There was no other source for the Muslim religion.
It was fabricated from the texts of other religions in the area.
Just because some other religion did the same thing does not excuse the fact it was total fabrication, not interpretation,.
As far as I am concerned, they are all phony.

I think they are too, but I assess the texts from the POV of an ancient historian, and they universally reflect the mindset of the society that produced them.

There was no other source for the Muslim religion.
It was fabricated from the texts of other religions in the area.

That is true of the Meccan surahs in the first 12 years. Mohamed tried to scare the Meccans into abandoning their pagan beliefs and following him into mono-theism by endlessly reciting OT stories to them and emphasizing the non-believers-will-burn-in-Hell aspects of it. In those years he was basically preaching Judaism.

Then he moved to Yathrib and everything changed. He just started making **** up and preaching warfare. From then on he didn't draw on anything other than what he needed from people at the time. He wanted fighters, so he preached fighting. Easy peasy.

Why not call it:

القرآن al-Qur'ān,

:roll:
...... to show off your "knowledge" of foreign languages!:roll:

What's your point? Using a 'Q' to transliterate that letter is more accurate than using a 'K'. Could you make a more trivial point? I thinq not.

I think they are too, but I assess the texts from the POV of an ancient historian.

Why would you do that, the originals exist, except for Ishaq, however it was re-written 60 years later.

That is true of the Meccan surahs in the first 12 years. Mohamed tried to scare the Meccans into abandoning their pagan beliefs and following him into mono-theism by endlessly reciting OT stories to them and emphasizing the non-believers-will-burn-in-Hell aspects of it. In those years he was basically preaching Judaism.

Then he moved to Yathrib and everything changed. He just started making **** up and preaching warfare. From then on he didn't draw on anything other than what he needed from people at the time. He wanted fighters, so he preached fighting. Easy peasy.

Yes, the argument here was that the texts were hand-waved off, as "People interpreted them differently.
which could not be further from the truth.
The new ones were total fabrication.

The qur'an
Christians use the Bible
Jews go by the Torah

Someone else wondered, if it is the same God why is it that Muslims cannot drink alcohol, while Christians can?
For all religions men make up the rules, they change them from time to time. Catholics can eat meat on Fridays now, it was not that way 60 years ago.

Yes, men make the gods so it men who get to make the rules. And to change them at will.

Because it is simply the methodology. Why else? I wouldn't assess the texts from the POV of a geologist now would I?

As long as you are pretending you assessed the texts,
Please explain how the differences in the Noah story happened. Hogs coming out of the elephants nose to eat all the dung on the ark.
There is nothing like that in the Jewish text.

The Adam and Eve story, where Allah taught Adam True Arabic. ( Classical Arabic)
The language, and the pen, existed before man.

These are not cases of misinterpretation.

I’ve heard Christians say no, but isn’t it the same God, just different interpretations?

Yes, The gods of Judaism, Christianity and Islam are the same god of Abraham. That is why they are known as the Abrahamic religions. There are many protestant christian sects that also forbids alcohol fort various reasons. You can think of those three religions as violent sibling rivalry fighting for the past 2000 years which child that their god-daddy loves the most.

Religion has been an essential pillar in human history and has been instrumental in shaping cultures, education, and civilization. There are many religions practiced around the world. However, there are few having millions of followers. Two of largest religions in the world based on the number of members are Christianity and Islam. These two faiths are closely related and are members of a larger religious group known as the Abrahamic Religions. Abrahamic religions are the religions which are based on an ancient Israelite religious figure known as Abraham.
Common Characteristics Of Abrahamic Religions

All religions which are defined as Abrahamic share several common characteristics. One feature shared among these religions is that they are all monotheistic. Monotheism is the practice of worshiping one deity. Although all Abrahamic religions worship one deity, each religion refers to the deity using a distinct name. These religions believe that God created the world and has absolute authority over the world and humanity. Another characteristic shared among Abrahamic religions is the belief in prophets as the link between God and humanity where God reveals himself to these select few people to offer guidance and instructions to humanity. The city of Jerusalem is also a unifying factor among Abrahamic religions with the city being of fundamental religious significance to all the religions. All Abrahamic religions believe in the afterlife where the dead are judged according to their actions with the righteous being rewarded by entry into paradise while those deemed to be evil are to be punished by casting into hell.

What Are The Abrahamic Religions? - WorldAtlas

Jesus is a prophet in Islam.
In Islam, ʿĪsā ibn Maryam, or Jesus, is the penultimate prophet and messenger of God and the Messiah, who was sent to guide the Children of Israel with a new revelation: Injīl. As in the Christian New Testament, the Quran describes Jesus as the Messiah, born of a virgin, performing miracles, accompanied by disciples, rejected by the Jewish establishment, and being raised to heaven. The Quran differs in denying Jesus was crucified or died on the cross, and especially in rejecting the divinity of Jesus as God incarnate, or the Son of God.

As long as you are pretending you assessed the texts,

Oh dear, you do not realise I was being general in that response.

Please explain how the differences in the Noah story happened. Hogs coming out of the elephants nose to eat all the dung on the ark.
There is nothing like that in the Jewish text.

You tell me because you're the one claiming you know.

The Adam and Eve story, where Allah taught Adam True Arabic. ( Classical Arabic)
The language, and the pen, existed before man.

And there's an example of the cultural influence I was talking about.

These are not cases of misinterpretation.

Did I say they were? No.

You're not getting this are you? I was being general based upon my degree in Ancient History and my experience with philology. You do not know what source material was used that inspired the authors, so you cannot make a judgment based upon that which is extant.

Last edited:
What's your point? Using a 'Q' to transliterate that letter is more accurate than using a 'K'.

Sorry, but you are talking nonsense.
Obviously you have no feeling for language.
Language is not mathematics.

I am frequently amazed at how loud and proud some people are of their ignorance.

The letter ق has no English equivalent (it's similar to caught, but pronounced further back in the mouth.) Therefore using a 'q' rather than a 'k' is closer to the way an Arab would say it.

You can argue further if you want to, but I'm done splaining it to you. Or you could look at an Arabic website like corpus.quran.com and note the 'q'. They clearly should have asked you first so that these native speakers of Arabic could benefit from your encyclopedic knowledge.

Bye.

I’ve heard Christians say no, but isn’t it the same God, just different interpretations?

That's like asking if the unicorns in Harry Potter are the same species as the unicorns in some other novel.

lol...

Oh dear, you do not realise I was being general in that response.

You tell me because you're the one claiming you know..

I already told you the reason, in response to the person who said it was different interpretations.

It's not an interpretation, it's complete fabrication,
a completely different religion fabricated out of thin air,
pretending God changed his mind, and wants it this way now.

You're not getting this are you? I was being general based upon my degree in Ancient History and my experience with philology. You do not know what source material was used that inspired the authors, so you cannot make a judgment based upon that which is extant.

LOLOL

There was no source material of their own.

The only material available was the existing religions, Judaism, Christianity, Zoroastrianism, and Greek medical.
then their major influence, their own imagination.

Like many, if not all, the religion is pure fabrication.
Some religions seem to have a source, or outside influence like events, UFO's, etc.
Islam has none.

If you really have a degree in ancient history, you will notice there is nothing from the Mecca area whatsoever, untill the Siratt Rasuall Allah, which you did not read.

Last edited:
I am frequently amazed at how loud and proud some people are of their ignorance.

The letter ق has no English equivalent (it's similar to caught, but pronounced further back in the mouth.) Therefore using a 'q' rather than a 'k' is closer to the way an Arab would say it.

You can argue further if you want to, but I'm done splaining it to you. Or you could look at an Arabic website like corpus.quran.com and note the 'q'. They clearly should have asked you first so that these native speakers of Arabic could benefit from your encyclopedic knowledge.

Bye.

You are aware of the Dunning-Kruger effect, arent you?

Stupid people don't know that they are stupid because they lack the ability to understand their own intellectual and cognitive failings.

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people wrongly overestimate their knowledge or ability in a specific area. This tends to occur because a lack of self-awareness prevents them from accurately assessing their own skills.

Dunning-Kruger Effect | Psychology Today

You are aware of the Dunning-Kruger effect, arent you?

Stupid people don't know that they are stupid because they lack the ability to understand their own intellectual and cognitive failings.

Dunning-Kruger Effect | Psychology Today

I've never heard of it, but it makes sense. Btw, I assume you're talking about the other guy rather than me...:cool:

Gods aren't entities, they are concepts. The so-called Abrahamic gods are from the same common concept, with cultural differences in the details.

Gods aren't entities, they are concepts. The so-called Abrahamic gods are from the same common concept, with cultural differences in the details.

yet it can be defended soundly for his existence

funny how that works

Rumpel isnt ignorant, he has fun polling on this site-jut let him be

hes a very likable person

LOLOL

There was no source material of their own.

The only material available was the existing religions, Judaism, Christianity, Zoroastrianism, and Greek medical.
then their major influence, their own imagination.

Like many, if not all, the religion is pure fabrication.
Some religions seem to have a source, or outside influence like events, UFO's, etc.
Islam has none.

If you really have a degree in ancient history, you will notice there is nothing from the Mecca area whatsoever, untill the Siratt Rasuall Allah, which you did not read.

Islam is not very different from other religion

Back
Top Bottom