• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the current brouhaha over TG restroom access a...

Is the current brouhaha over TG restroom access a...

• Total voters

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Is the current brouhaha over TG restroom access a legitimate issues that needed to be addressed, or is it a manufactured wedge issue?

TG = transgender, in case you don't know.

It was not an issue until people started passing laws about who could use what bathroom.

Manufactured wedge issue no doubt. Trans people have been using the bathrooms they want for years without incident. This is just the conservative right pitching a new fit after the SSM battle has been lost.

Penises belong in the men's room and vaginas in the Ladie's room. That's all!

Manufactured wedge issue no doubt. Trans people have been using the bathrooms they want for years without incident. This is just the conservative right pitching a new fit after the SSM battle has been lost.

Exactly.

This notion, that somehow there are millions of perverts lining up to rape your daughter in a restaurant bathroom by using the excuse they're "Women Today" is absolutely ****ing absurd.

Invented, pure, dog****.

You are as they say "on the money".

You forgot the part where the "do gooder" SJW crowd decided to push the issue especially in schools. Which then set off the conservative right. Which was predictable and even desirable for the SJW crowd who seem to feeling their oats these days. The SJW crowd is running out of causes and starting to run amok.

By the way I have determined for myself that yes global warming does exist and it is anthropomorphic. It has to be man made because of the amount of bull**** and the resulting methane spewing from the SJW pie holes is prolific to say the least.

You forgot the part where the "do gooder" SJW crowd decided to push the issue especially in schools. Which then set off the conservative right. Which was predictable and even desirable for the SJW crowd who seem to feeling their oats these days. The SJW crowd is running out of causes and starting to run amok.

By the way I have determined for myself that yes global warming does exist and it is anthropomorphic. It has to be man made because of the amount of bull**** and the resulting methane spewing from the SJW pie holes is prolific to say the least.

Yes, because trans people should have legal protections. I fail to see the rub. Also, if calling someone a social justice warrior is an insult, then it's an insult I'll wear with ****ing pride.

You forgot the part where the "do gooder" SJW crowd decided to push the issue especially in schools. Which then set off the conservative right. Which was predictable and even desirable for the SJW crowd who seem to feeling their oats these days. The SJW crowd is running out of causes and starting to run amok. By the way I have determined for myself that yes global warming does exist and it is anthropomorphic. It has to be man made because of the amount of bull**** and the resulting methane spewing from the SJW pie holes is prolific to say the least.

The Conservative Right has been set-off ever since the first Puritan woman unbuttoned the top button of her stifling black dress while hoeing weeds... :roll:

The Conservative Right let's cut the PC BS and use a better term- the Regressives- use such overblown hysterics to attempt to buffalo people into believing their worst fears rather than work toward a better world. I'm no rose colored glasses guy, I've seen some of the worst man can do on this earth, so don't even TRY to go there...

Facts are not the Regressive's friend, fear is. For generations the transgendered have been using the 'wrong' bathroom with no little grand daughters traumatized. No horde of men have stormed the female bathroom since the TG's have won court decisions.

The Regressives are losing control of society and that is the real issue. Control, dominance, and doing whatever it takes to try and keep it. Fearing the future isn't what made America great- it does however seem to be what will lay us low... :peace

Penises belong in the men's room and vaginas in the Ladie's room. That's all!

Agreed.

How long have people been doing this without assistance from either the government, LEO, or anyone else?
Without all this liberal / progressive agenda driven BS?

Yes, because trans people should have legal protections.
Legal protection? From what? Rationality? Women using the womens room and men using the mens room is a perfectly rational legal standard. That you want to pander to people who wish to pretend they are a different sex than they are is your business. The rational world doesn't have to play along and it is the rational who should get legal protection from the PC madness of the left.

Is the current brouhaha over TG restroom access a legitimate issues that needed to be addressed, or is it a manufactured wedge issue?

I agree with those who state its a wedge issue, manufactured.

Transgender people were using the restroom of the gender they were goin' out and pretendin' to be anyhow. And none of that would have had to been addressed, if not for cities creating laws (for political exposure) that "protected" them by giving anyone access to any bathroom so long as they claim to "identify".

Some can claim that it prevented their "discrimination", but these laws aren't going to force people to accept them. And these laws aren't going to force people to not harass them for using the wrong restroom.

In fact, I think the likelihood of transgender folks getting harassed just INCREASED because of all this Social Justice Warrior movement created behind these laws.

It was not an issue until people started passing laws about who could use what bathroom.

And most of that started with areas passing laws allowing anyone who identifies as anything to use whatever restroom.

Many Americans aren't ready for that type of bull****.

So of course some areas pre-emptively made laws, or like the state of NC, passed a law as a reaction to a city within its scope of law.

Thats funny, because the great state of NC had no plans to make any stupid trans laws until the liberals in Charlotte tried to force the whole city, including private businesses, to cater to the transgender crowd, subject to heavy fines.

I'm not sure about a distraction, but this bathroom thing, which I for one do not believe in, is a manufactured thing that's for sure. Unfortunately for us, the constitution - when it's applied, serves as a great trap.

Yes, because trans people should have legal protections. I fail to see the rub. Also, if calling someone a social justice warrior is an insult, then it's an insult I'll wear with ****ing pride.

The only people who are getting legal protections are those who wish to use these laws as a shield to hide behind during their heinous acts.

As we all acknowledge, transgender people were using the bathrooms of their chosen gender before all this nonsense, with little to no issue. Except maybe from other patrons of public restrooms, and these laws cannot stop verbal harassment by private citizens.

The "protections" were not necessary, and were only meant to start a backlash that liberals could then use to, yet again, point the finger at the right and scream 'BIGOTRY!!! WAHHH!!'

The Conservative Right has been set-off ever since the first Puritan woman unbuttoned the top button of her stifling black dress while hoeing weeds... :roll:

The Conservative Right let's cut the PC BS and use a better term- the Regressives- use such overblown hysterics to attempt to buffalo people into believing their worst fears rather than work toward a better world. I'm no rose colored glasses guy, I've seen some of the worst man can do on this earth, so don't even TRY to go there...

Facts are not the Regressive's friend, fear is. For generations the transgendered have been using the 'wrong' bathroom with no little grand daughters traumatized. No horde of men have stormed the female bathroom since the TG's have won court decisions.

The Regressives are losing control of society and that is the real issue. Control, dominance, and doing whatever it takes to try and keep it. Fearing the future isn't what made America great- it does however seem to be what will lay us low... :peace

Im sorry, but forcing this **** upon elementary school kids? And high schools? You know there are going to be all sorts of problems there.

Because any system of "proving" that one truly is transgender is not going to be acceptable to the SJW crowd.

Legal protection? From what? Rationality? Women using the womens room and men using the mens room is a perfectly rational legal standard.

EXCEPT.

For the part where these idiotic laws, passed by idiots for idiots would have this person use a womens washroom:

chazbono_01_640x400.jpg

And this person use a mens washroom:

6644422.jpg

So no, it isn't really "Rational".

EXCEPT.

For the part where these idiotic laws, passed by idiots for idiots would have this person use a womens washroom:

chazbono_01_640x400.jpg

And this person use a mens washroom:

6644422.jpg

So no, it isn't really "Rational".

I guess the "Social Justice Warriors" should have though about that before getting all these cities to pass laws forcing private businesses to allow anyone to use any restroom at any time so long as they claim to "identify".

Because before that ignorant ass **** happened, both of them could have used the restroom of the gender they are living as and nobody would have cared.

And most of that started with areas passing laws allowing anyone who identifies as anything to use whatever restroom.

Many Americans aren't ready for that type of bull****.

So of course some areas pre-emptively made laws, or like the state of NC, passed a law as a reaction to a city within its scope of law.

There was never law passed to allow it because it was the status quo, up until they started passing these laws transgender people used whatever washroom they wanted an nothing bad ever happened. It is very possible you may been in the same washroom as one. It was never an issue until someone made it illegal.

I agree with those who state its a wedge issue, manufactured.

Transgender people were using the restroom of the gender they were goin' out and pretendin' to be anyhow. And none of that would have had to been addressed, if not for cities creating laws (for political exposure) that "protected" them by giving anyone access to any bathroom so long as they claim to "identify".

Some can claim that it prevented their "discrimination", but these laws aren't going to force people to accept them. And these laws aren't going to force people to not harass them for using the wrong restroom.

In fact, I think the likelihood of transgender folks getting harassed just INCREASED because of all this Social Justice Warrior movement created behind these laws.
Very possible. They very well may have made life more difficult for the people they claim to support.

Okay....hold up for a moment because this started out sensible and then became idiotic.

"Manufactured wedge issue no doubt" <----- okay reasonable

"Trans people have been using the bathroom they want for years without incident" <----- okay reasonable

"This is just the conservative right pitching a new fit after the SSM battle has been lost. " <--- the **** kind of hyper partisan bull**** is this. Great job with the blinders there Your Star, but this is beyond crap.

February of 2016. That's time that Charlotte decided to change their city ordinance to include protection based on "gender identity" and "Gender expression" as it relates to things like restrooms.

March of 2016. That's the time that HB2 was passed by North Carolina, the law that has so many people outraged towards NC and "Conservatives" on this issue.

February comes before March.

"Trans people have been using bathrooms they want for years without incident", but it's apparently not a "manufactured wedge issue" for Charlotte to decide to take legal action anyway to codify it in a broad fashion into the law. But conservatives react to it, and they're "pitching a fit" because they "lost" on SSM.

Bull****, and pathetically hyper partisan analysis of the situation.

I agree with your first assertion; it's a manufactured wedge issue. But it's manufacturing can be attributed to both sides, as can the dumping of lighter fluid onto this mess that both sides have been engaging in as well.

Manufactured, though I do think some folks have been convinced that this is a real serious issue.

I do really think you need to stop obsessing over this (I'm joking given how many polls I've done on the topic).

Edit: Do have to take the third option. It's manufactured but I don't think there was any over arching plan by whoever to distract us. This is just a way for Social Justice Warriors and Social Conservative Warriors to feel morally superior to each other.

Last edited:

And prior to laws like they placed in Charlotte, both of those individuals could, and likely did, use the restrooms you were indicating they should be using (men's room for the first person, women's room for the second person).

On the flip side, because of the ridiculously broad and purely thought out language of the Charlotte law, you could have people like this:

Purple+Dress+with+Military+Jacket.JPG

Using the ladies room and people like this:

tumblr_inline_mperngpf7m1qz4rgp.jpg

Using the men's room. Or people like this:

Justin+Bieber.jpg

Using either ;)

Why? Because the law was stupidly and excessively broad, with some of those who advocating it debasing the notion of transgenderism into literally just a "feeling".

I would put $100 dollars down that both of those individuals you posted pictures of are individuals who have undergone some kind of legitimate medical procedure in an effort to transition; be it surgical, pharmaceutical, or psychological. They are both likely individuals who have been, or would be, clinically diagnosed as transgendered and have taken legitimate steps to actively and permanently transition themselves to permanently living as their new gender.

That is not the standard set, or made necessary, by the charlotte law.

I always find the posting of pictures argument to be idiotic, because the very PREMISE of why you'd post such pictures highlights the issues both sides are making and yet missing; that people simply want to be comfortable.

Yes, it'd be uncomfortable if the runway model you posted was wondering around in the men's room. Why? Because no matter what they "identify" as, outwardly the rational reaction to someone seeing them is to think "hey, it's a woman in the men's room". And whether people like, or think we should move beyond, the fact our society has ingrained in us that bathrooms are not unisex...that's the reality of our society at this time. So when someone who appears to not be a man is in the mens room, or not appears to be a woman in the woman's room, it can reasonably make people uncomfortable. Indeed, that is the very basis as to how posts like yours...going "Do you think THIS person belongs in a mens room?!"...are supposed to work.

But the problem is, laws like Charlotte's did not actually coincide with that notion; it flew in the face of it. It was not simply dealing with legitimately transitioning individuals who are actively living their life as another gender; it was broadly stated to such a degree that literally anyone could conceivably make the claim. That's bad law, and the only reason to create the law in such a broad fashion is, in part, to force this wedge issue. To take it a step beyond support for "transgendered" and to push into this realm of gender fluidity.

Back
Top Bottom