• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is The Covid Vaccine Our Best And Only Shot Of Ending This Pandemic?

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I've been debating with lefties a lot on here lately who continually attack the unvaccinated and blame them for cases rising in all 50 states. All I hear is the vacccines, vaccines, vaccines, and the stupid idiot fools who refuse to get vaccinated, contributing to rising cases. Most of the time they call out Republicans and Trump supporters, even though there are literally millions and millions of the young, blacks, and Hispanics, not to mention millions of Democrats themselves across the country who are members of the unvaccinated club. It's all the fault of the unvaccinated. If it weren't for them, the pandemic would be pretty much over already.

That's apparently Biden's only plan, get everyone vaccinated. There is no other plan and it is the unvaccinated who are destroying our country and continuing the pandemic by not getting vaccinated. So, what I'm hearing is that the only plan Biden and the left have for ending this pandemic is getting people vaccinated, the vaccine which was started under Trump and with Trump even prepaying for vaccinations for every person in the country. That is Biden's plan - following through on the plan that Trump started, prepaid for, and Biden inherited from Trump on day one. There is no other plan to end the pandemic other than continuing the Trump plan, even though Democrats spent an entire year telling Americans don't trust Trump, don't trust the rushed Trump vaccine, and don't get the vaccine when Trump says it's ready (which he couldn't do because Biden won the election). So, it was up to Biden as president to encourage everyone to get vaccinated with the Trump vaccine but, if Trump had won the election and remained president, the left would be encouraging everyone to not trust the Trump vaccine.

To reiterate, the only plan Biden has is to follow through on the Trump plan which had already been in progress, paid for, and Biden inherited. The left have not been able to tell me of any other plan Biden has. It all rests squarely on the unvaccinated so, apparently, the only plan seems to be the Trump vaccine. All of their chips are in the Trump vaccine basket.

I've been debating with lefties a lot on here lately who continually attack the unvaccinated and blame them for cases rising in all 50 states. All I hear is the vacccines, vaccines, vaccines, and the stupid idiot fools who refuse to get vaccinated, contributing to rising cases. Most of the time they call out Republicans and Trump supporters, even though there are literally millions and millions of the young, blacks, and Hispanics, not to mention millions of Democrats themselves across the country who are members of the unvaccinated club. It's all the fault of the unvaccinated. If it weren't for them, the pandemic would be pretty much over already.

That's apparently Biden's only plan, get everyone vaccinated. There is no other plan and it is the unvaccinated who are destroying our country and continuing the pandemic by not getting vaccinated. So, what I'm hearing is that the only plan Biden and the left have for ending this pandemic is getting people vaccinated, the vaccine which was started under Trump and with Trump even prepaying for vaccinations for every person in the country. That is Biden's plan - following through on the plan that Trump started, prepaid for, and Biden inherited from Trump on day one. There is no other plan to end the pandemic other than continuing the Trump plan, even though Democrats spent an entire year telling Americans don't trust Trump, don't trust the rushed Trump vaccine, and don't get the vaccine when Trump says it's ready (which he couldn't do because Biden won the election). So, it was up to Biden as president to encourage everyone to get vaccinated with the Trump vaccine but, if Trump had won the election and remained president, the left would be encouraging everyone to not trust the Trump vaccine.

To reiterate, the only plan Biden has is to follow through on the Trump plan which had already been in progress, paid for, and Biden inherited. The left have not been able to tell me of any other plan Biden has. It all rests squarely on the unvaccinated so, apparently, the only plan seems to be the Trump vaccine. All of their chips are in the Trump vaccine basket.
LOL So masks don't work and shutting down and getting people to stay home is out of the question but getting people vaccinated is not a good plan? WTF are you saying? Vaccinations have always been the only sure way to end a pandemic and that has not changed. It was not the one term mistakes idea either and neither was developing a vaccine. Biden has also done far more to facilitate vaccinations than Mr. One & done's "plan" which consisted solely of handing them over to the States and saying "get it done". He also has called on FEMA to help States deal with the Pandemic instead of having the FED bid against them for PPE's. The ongoing right wing conspiracy to discredit and lie about the vaccine is a threat to national security and Biden is now working on that problem too. Perhaps you should tell your right wing friends to STF up and stop undermining our nation for a change. It will only make them more hated than they already are.

Last edited:
This burr has buried itself quite deeply in your derriere. Please share with us your ideas for stopping the spread of the virus.

LOL So masks don't work and shutting down and getting people to stay home is out of the question but getting people vaccinated is not a good plan? WTF are you saying? Vaccinations have always been the only sure way to end a pandemic and that has not changed. It was not the one term mistakes idea either and neither was developing a vaccine. Biden has also done far more to facilitate vaccinations than Mr. One & done's plan which consisted solely of handing them over to the States and saying "get it done". He also has called on FEMA to help States deal with the Pandemic instead of having the FED bid against them for PPE's. The ongoing right wing conspiracy to discredit and lie about the vaccine is a threat to national security and Biden is now working on that problem too.
Where did I say that getting vaccinated was not a good plan? I never said that.

Yes you did.
Prove it. I have asked many times that since cases are rising in every state what is Biden's plan and that Biden's plan wasn't working, which it isn't. But, I was never against vaccinations. The left, however, spent a year telling people not to get the rushed vaccine.

Prove it. I have asked many times that since cases are rising in every state what is Biden's plan and that Biden's plan wasn't working, which it isn't. But, I was never against vaccinations. The left, however, spent a year telling people not to get the rushed vaccine.
Biden's plan is working and vaccines are available to all in multiple venues that keep increasing. The virus is mutating like they always do and it is a race to reach herd immunity here that is being undermined by the right. Is there anything the right will not do to hurt this country? First is was big lie about the election and now another big lie about vaccines. Now they are in a huff about being called on their lies on social media. Claiming they will yell fire in crowded theaters all they want and we can't stop them. Why don't you tell them to STF up instead of posting disingenuous threads claiming it is Biden's fault that Republicans won't get the vaccine. We are still far better off than if the one term mistake was still in office and no we do not regret booting that criminal out.

Last edited:

More of your

APHORISM_BullOfHotAir01.jpg
rhetoric.

From the BBC:
Abderrahmane Fadil, a 60-year-old science teacher with two young children was wary of the vaccines because of the speed at which they were rolled out. He ended up in intensive care for nine days - the first time he had spent a night in hospital since arriving in Britain from Morocco in 1985.
"It's so lovely to be alive," he says.
"My wife had the vaccine. I didn't. I was reluctant. I was giving myself time, I was thinking that in my life I've lived with viruses, bacteria, and I thought my immune system was good enough. And I'd had symptoms of Covid at the start of the pandemic and thought perhaps I'd had it. I thought my immune system would recognise the virus and I'd have defences.
"This was the biggest mistake in my life. It nearly cost me my life. I've made many silly decisions in my life, but this was the most dangerous and serious one."
"I wish I could go to each and every person who refuses to have the vaccine and tell them, 'Look, this is a matter of life of death - do you want to live or die?'"
Abderrahmane left the hospital nearly a month ago, but still isn't well.
"I wish I could go to each and every person who refuses to have the vaccine," he says, "and tell them, 'Look, this is a matter of life of death. Do you want to live or die? If you want to live, then go and get the vaccine.'"
For many of the patients who have not been vaccinated, being admitted with severe Covid is an alarm call to the deadly consequences of fake news about Covid and vaccines.
Faisal admits being influenced by conversations on social media, and the worries about the vaccine in the city's Asian community, as well as news reports about the extremely low risk of blood clots with the AstraZeneca vaccine.

COVID-19 vaccines go through many tests for safety and effectiveness and are then monitored closely.
Source: World Health Organization
Get Vaccine Info

Is the Covid vaccine our best and only shot of ending this pandemic?

In reading about the Spanish Flu pandemic of 100 years ago, research concentrated on finding a preventative shot as a means of stopping the spread. Unfortunately, scientists were focusing on the development of an antibiotic unaware that a virus was causing the illness.

In a nutshell, the best strategy would have been to push mitigation measures until the vaccines and better treatments became available. Had the previous administration done that, then there's a good chance more lives would have been saved and the prevention measures would have had a better chance of succeeding by minimizing the surges. Vaccines were always going to be the game changer, and now that we have them, the push is to get as many people as possible vaccinated.

The previous administration had a very laissez faire attitude about vaccination efforts, so had the election been different, there's a good chance the strategy would have been equally laissez faire with no real effort to make getting vaccinated a priority. Of course that's supposition, but the fact the mitigation measures were made divisive by a president who at the time was tweeting to "liberate" states who were imposing restrictions, makes it easy to assume vaccination efforts were likely to be equally divisive.

So where's Trump insisting that "everyone get vaccinated, or your a loser."

In a nutshell, the best strategy would have been to push mitigation measures until the vaccines and better treatments became available. Had the previous administration done that, then there's a good chance more lives would have been saved and the prevention measures would have had a better chance of succeeding by minimizing the surges. Vaccines were always going to be the game changer, and now that we have them, the push is to get as many people as possible vaccinated.

The previous administration had a very laissez faire attitude about vaccination efforts, so had the election been different, there's a good chance the strategy would have been equally laissez faire with no real effort to make getting vaccinated a priority. Of course that's supposition, but the fact the mitigation measures were made divisive by a president who at the time was tweeting to "liberate" states who were imposing restrictions, makes it easy to assume vaccination efforts were likely to be equally divisive.

You might want to take a look "North of 49".

America's Canadian neighbours have overcome the "minor" handicap that American pharmaceutical firms refused to sell them vaccine (because Mr. Trump's administration ordered them not to allow any non-American purchases), and currently:
[1] are vaccinating at a "daily vaccinations per capita" rate that is 662.50% of the US rate;​
[2] have fully vaccinated a higher percentage of their population than the US has;​
[3] have "partially vaccinated" a higher percentage of their population than the US has;​
[4] have a mortality rate from COVID-19 that is 89.69% of the US one;​
[5] have a "Deaths / Million" rate that is 37.08% of the US rate;​
[6] have a "Cases / Million" rate that is 35.61% of the US rate;​
[7] have a "Chance of Dying from COVID-19 (adjusted by 'Ability To Pay')" (actually per capita PPP GDP) that is 28.18% of what it is in the US;​
[8] have a "Chance of Dying from COVID-19 (adjusted by 'per capita Healthcare Spending')" that is 17.21% of what it is in the US;​
and​
[9] have a "COVID Burden" (read as "Active COVID-19 cases / Million") that is 0.84% of the one that the US carries.​

21-07-17 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID TABLE.JPG
21-07-17 G3b - Death by ABILITY to Pay SHORT TABLE.JPG
21-07-17 I1 - COVID Burden - ACTIVE per MILLION TABLE.JPG
(More charts and graphs at Daily Statistical Summary of COVID-19)​

and are rather apologetic about the fact that the have.

Last edited:
I've been debating with lefties a lot on here lately who continually attack the unvaccinated and blame them for cases rising in all 50 states.
In reality, you arent debating much, just spamming over and over about CV and vaccines, hoping something will stick...that somehow, someone will post something that you can grasp onto and claim proves what you want to believe.

You dont respond with direct answers to many many posts.
Vaccination and quarantine are the primary methods of fighting any epidemic. The Donald didnt invent them. :rolleyes: He (mostly) followed the medical advice and science he was provided.

What other methods have you researched and recommend? What else is available to us?

In reality, you arent debating much, just spamming over and over about CV and vaccines, hoping something will stick...that somehow, someone will post something that you can grasp onto and claim proves what you want to believe.

You dont respond with direct answers to many many posts.

Vaccination and quarantine are the primary methods of fighting any epidemic. The Donald didnt invent them. :rolleyes: He (mostly) followed the medical advice and science he was provided.

What other methods have you researched and recommend? What else is available to us?
Did Biden invent either the vaccines or quarantines? I just want the left to admit that Biden has done nothing and that under Trump the pandemic was what it was and that under Biden the pandemic is what it is, even with cases rising.

Did Biden invent either the vaccines or quarantines? I just want the left to admit that Biden has done nothing and that under Trump the pandemic was what it was and that under Biden the pandemic is what it is, even with cases rising.
Why would we admit Biden's done nothing? Look at the immense progress he's enabled with vaccination? The Donald, barely even mentioned vaccination in the 2.5 months he had left in office to continue to fight for the health of the people in this country and to encourage vaccination and free up more resources, which Biden has done. The Donald did almost NOTHING his last months in office but cry about the election...he didnt give a shit about the people of this nation.

Biden did more in 2.5 months after his election to attack CV and save the economy than The Donald did in his last 2.5. And more since...The Donald held huge events to campaign for himself and got people killed :rolleyes: See: Herman Cain.

Edit: where's the answer to my question: What other methods have you researched and recommend? What else is available to us?

You have raised an important point: Is there possibly ANOTHER way to stop the pandemic?

There are lots of intelligent people in this country (both Democrats & Republicans) who might come up with another way if they could get together and brainstorm.

Hopefully, the Administration will convene such a session.

Your OP ignores all the other steps Biden has provided leadership on to help prevent the spread of Covid. Those can be found here.

You have raised an important point: Is there possibly ANOTHER way to stop the pandemic?

There are lots of intelligent people in this country (both Democrats & Republicans) who might come up with another way if they could get together and brainstorm.

Hopefully, the Administration will convene such a session.

The intelligent people look at the history of pandemics and can easily deduce how to stop a pandemic. Just an FYI, viruses ignore national borders... Any discussion of solution would involve a WORLDWIDE discussion.

Well intelligent people are taking the vaccination route.

Now trumpers still seem to be buying Trump's herd immunity path. Once all of them have had covid the survivors are assumed to have some immunity. That remains to be seen as the virus mutates. Hell I am all for trumpers remaining unvaccinated.

From the data I have seen the death rate has not increased only the cases have. People are going to contract the virus but the people most vulnerable have protected themselves. The hysteria is largely exaggerated.

From the data I have seen the death rate has not increased only the cases have. People are going to contract the virus but the people most vulnerable have protected themselves. The hysteria is largely exaggerated.

What other viruses have killed 600,000+ Americans in a little of a year?

The death rate remains about the same, but your comment that "most" vulnerable peoples "have protected themselves" is false.

They remain at risk, and we have no idea what these new strains will do to the kids and teenagers.

Please don't make statements as if they are unchallengable.

Back
Top Bottom