• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the coverage of Ukraine racist?

Is the coverage of Ukraine racist?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Racist? No. Probably not. If you weren't in a bar in Boston, the IRA wasn't treated as noble freedom fighters. Not a lot of people gave a damn about the Bosnians until it was too late.

Hypocritical? Yeah, of course.

Racist? No. Probably not. If you weren't in a bar in Boston, the IRA wasn't treated as noble freedom fighters. Not a lot of people gave a damn about the Bosnians until it was too late.

Hypocritical? Yeah, of course.
Although the American support for the IRA wasn’t just Irish people in Boston, there was the ethnic element, but also the IRA ran slick propaganda appealing to Americans on the idea these were just downtrodden people fighting for their freedom in the era where we just had the bicentennial of the Declaration of Independence

Just returned from checking al-jazeera.

Yes, some people opine that the coverage or comments from officials are "racist" to some extent.

1. Many European countries are eager to accept refugees who "look like them."

2. The media are praising the Ukrainians for making homemade weapons while the media use the word "terrorists" for non-Caucasian groups that make weapons against their enemies.

Only a pernicious trash human being would look at the brink of WWIII and think about how she can capitalize on it and make it all about her victim-race grift.

Seeing as how only white people have been killed so far I'd say the whole Ukraine war is racist. Except for maybe that Russian Chechen Muslim battalion that got obliterated by Ukraine. They stopped one too many times for prayers.

race card.jpg

Just returned from checking al-jazeera.

Yes, some people opine that the coverage or comments from officials are "racist" to some extent.

1. Many European countries are eager to accept refugees who "look like them."

2. The media are praising the Ukrainians for making homemade weapons while the media use the word "terrorists" for non-Caucasian groups that make weapons against their enemies.
Frankly, the difference between accepting refugees from a country like Ukraine and accepting them from a war torn Middle Eastern or North African country is that you don't have to do the level of security screening on refugees from Ukraine that you do from a majority Muslim country.

I do understand her point, that we certainly do not focus on wars and conquerings in Africa or the Middle East with quite the preoccupation we have with Ukraine. I, for one, relate much more to the Ukrainian plight (probably because of my lineage, my travels and a deeper understanding of European history) than I would the war in Rwanda, so to a great extent there is some structural (institutional) racism baked into this.

That said, this is a huge geo-political event and world peace is very much on the line much more with a fringe war in Sub Sahara Africa. Though she is not wrong, I do think this is unnecessary panty bunching rather than a good illustration of racism. People need to pick their battles. This was a poor choice of a battle on her part as very few people would understand her grievance here.

Last edited:
i mean, this is the same media that incessantly beats drums against racist dog-whistles anywhere and everywhere. They'll look under every rock to find racism. You laugh at a dave chappelle joke? you're a racist transphobe. So, it would not surprise me that they, themselves, are the actual racists.

after all, the thing about dog whistles is....only the dog hears the whistle.

Well, if true, then the founder of the 1619 Project is a self-serving troll and should know better.

Having said that...

Making a post to score political points on stupid statement when a nation is under siege by a much more powerful, tyrannical neighbor that hates freedom creating a war that is killing hundreds of civilians and has upped its nuclear stance to frighten the rest of the world...that's acting like self-serving ghoul in a lame attempt to "own the libs" with no conceptual knowledge of real world politics and consequences.

Last edited:
Is there any doubt that we care more about the strife in a country of primarily white people than in non-white countries and the media coverage reflects that?

Back
Top Bottom