• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the coverage of Ukraine racist?

Is the coverage of Ukraine racist?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
I fail to see how that contradicts what I posted. Americans don't care about atrocities in countries that don't threaten our interests.
You don’t speak for all Americans. Nor do I. I’ll speak for myself. I am repulsed by all atrocities. I am more concerned with a maniac with enough nuclear capabilities to destroy all NATO countries, and issues a veiled threat to use them if anybody interferes with his slaughter. The author in the OP’s link is more concerned with race. If all involved were black she would blame the weapons used.

If Rwanda had a madman with a couple thousand nuclear warheads pointed at NATO countries, threatening anybody that gets in his way as he committed war crimes, maybe she wouldn’t sound like a racist moron.
She no moron and she is not wrong, she merely picked the wrong time to assert the correct issue. People are not sufficiently acquainted with the problem to really understand it in the best of circumstances and they certainly are not going to see it OR even care about it in this instance. She had the bedside manner of an IRS agent that shows up at a family funeral to deliver a tax lien. She neither did her cause nor herself a favor here. This was counterproductive.

Well it's been said by quite a few smart people that the extreme right's infatuation with Russia & Pooten is that it is one of the few White countries. So there is that, in Hannah-Jones' favor, assuming that is why the right including Drumpf himself is so fond of the pugnacious little dictator. As one virtually white country attacking another virtually white country in a turf war, it sure has achieved top billing news wise.
While I think that Russia's position in U.S. history, with the cold war & nuclear confrontations is why for the most part, we have made it 24/7 status, but seeing the backlash against Hannah-Jones, a serious Journalist & creator of the 1619 project & Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter gives me pause. So is there any Black posters on this board, I'd like to hear their take on it.

It amazes me how the American far-right will utilize anything, even a war in Europe, to attack CRT.

The KKK in America is not dead, far from it.

Are you kidding me? The source of this complaint (covered by a UK “news” source) was the founder of the 1619 project - not someone representing the “American far-right”.

Sure it is.

It’s similar to how anytime there is a missing person on the news they are white. The other common denominator is they come from wealth. My friend pointed out how you never see as much concern for a homeless single mother in this country. A lot of hypocrisy as well.

Racism is clearly involved but the media ie gonna go where the money is. White people are more concerned about white people from civilized nations.

I’ve always been shocked at how little attention is paid to African nations.

Sure it is.

It’s similar to how anytime there is a missing person on the news they are white. The other common denominator is they come from wealth. My friend pointed out how you never see as much concern for a homeless single mother in this country. A lot of hypocrisy as well.

Racism is clearly involved but the media is gonna go where the money is. White people are more concerned about white people from civilized nations.

That (bolded above) is a fact. It is certainly not a trend limited to ‘right-wing’ media.

African nations don't have nuclear weapons that they can use to threaten it's neighbors and those who help said neighbors. THAT is why this is getting so much attention: A nuclear-armed nation is invading a country that did nothing to it and it's leader is on record threatening others and wanting to rebuild the USSR.

The video coming out at the Polish and Hungarian borders reflects poorly on those border guards.

Back
Top Bottom