• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Constitution strong enough to survive the current Supreme Court?

Thank the Good Creator that this regimes stupidity is showing them the door. How can ANYONE approve of Biden/Harris' performance? Ya like the border crisis -- oops 'challenge'? Then start worrying. The newly minted Election Integrity Caucus comin' to your state real soon. All legislators, and their pissed!
:ROFLMAO:

Debate what, your lie? The only thing that can be done with a lie is expose it and you did lie and got called on it.

You used the term "lie" three times in that short rant. Nothing but incoherent emotional babbling.

I'm not going to provide a lot of background on this one, to keep the discussion as open as possible, but my premise, essentially, is this: the current SC majority is actively hostile to basic tenets of the Constitution, from separation of powers to separation of church and state, including basic civil rights, democratic voting, equality under the law, and so many others. The floor is open.
So is what you're REALLY trying to say is :
"You're not going to Provide any proof of what you are alluding to because you know it's BS and would most likely prove yourself wrong"....

All three Branches of Government are "Actively Hostile to the Basic tenets of the Constitution" !
You have no problem with that if "You are getting what you want" !

1) Separation of Powers !
The SC is not enforcing Immigration Laws that are on the Books, because the Prez and Congress want it ! (for DECADES)
2) Separation of Church and State:
I do not see the Pope or any religious leader creating US Policy! (This does not mean you cannot be Religious and be in Politics)
3) Civil Rights:
America has the MOST FAIR AND BENEVOLENT Civil Rights in the world ! (Go live in Cuba for a while then get back to us)
4) Democratic Voting:
That's a misnomer. America is a Constitutional Republic and we have the FREEDOM and Right To Vote. It's not "Democracy"
There is currently and effort by MANY Americans to have Politicians CONFIRM that the Votes of the AMERICAN PEOPLE were
the ONLY Votes used to determine the 2020 President ! The Politicians in Power are trying to NOT let this happen !
5) Equity under the Laws:
What kind of BS Lie is this ? Do you mean like when Hillary broke the Laws and the FBI said they weren't going to convict her of
THESE CRIMES because she did not have bad intention? Then I would agree that that ABUSE OF POWER should stop.
If you're trying to give credence to the INSANITY of the SJW crowd, No thank you. This is just BS & Lies. You don't want equality
you want everyone to Pretend that your crazy ideas normal.

Here's a little video that explains why the US Constituion is so good!

Last edited:
That's not quite right. Pretty much any court can find unconstitutionality. SCOTUS is the final arbiter, but if they choose to allow the lower court decision to stand, the law would still be unconstitutional. Also, basic legislation can add powers to any of the three branches.
Yes...they aren't the only one that does it but the lower courts also follow the same rules I described above. At least, that is what they are supposed to do.

Yes...they aren't the only one that does it but the lower courts also follow the same rules I described above. At least, that is what they are supposed to do.
The rule you described above included the requirement of a Constitutional Amendment. That is not required to change what is Constitutional in America.

The rule you described above included the requirement of a Constitutional Amendment. That is not required to change what is Constitutional in America.
That's simply incorrect. That is the ONLY way to change what is constitutional.

Looking at some of the posts in this thread... it's no wonder America is nearing collapse, lol...

The answer to the OP is - no, the Constitution will not survive, but not b/c there are 2 Constitutionalists (Thomas and Alito), the 3 new judges who can't be trusted, and the 4 absolute leftwing nuts who hate America and hate the Constitution itself.

No, the Constitution will be scrapped b/c of how far left (authoritarian) the country has been shifted. This is most aptly represented in the delusional, authoritarian Democratic Party.

Republicans aren't much better - in fact I'd go so far as to say that the Republican leadership is just as corrupt and treasonous as the Dems.

Any way you slice it, we're doomed.

.... there are 2 Constitutionalists (Thomas and Alito), the 3 new judges who can't be trusted, and the 4 absolute leftwing nuts who hate America and hate the Constitution itself.

I'm sure you were trying to tweak us with the "4 absolute leftwing nuts" part.

So I'll acknowledge it to make you happy.

I'm sweet like that.

Because stagnation of the law isn't a concern of the courts. The courts are an institution of the status quo. It's the job of the legislature and the states to change the laws and the makeup of the Constitution. They are the ones that make laws that change things, but it does have to follow the Constitution. Then, if they want even greater change, then it has to be done via constitutional amendment, which is done by the legislatures and the states as well.

The Supreme Court does not have the authority to make defacto constitutional amendments via activist rulings.
Oh come on. Compare Plessey with Brown on integration. The Supremes are affected by the times, albeit necessarily less so than the other two branches.

I'm sure you were trying to tweak us with the "4 absolute leftwing nuts" part.

So I'll acknowledge it to make you happy.

I'm sweet like that.
No, it's just the truth... from the 1930's to today, you leftists have steadily chipped away at the Constitution; and now our country is on the verge of collapse.

You should be happy, you're finally achieving your ultimate goal - destroying the racist, misogynist, homophobic xenophobic United States.

Soon you'll be able to cheer as your government kills conservatives, Christians, and anyone else you don't like.

Happy days for the left. 200 million murdered in the twentieth century was just a warm up, huh ;)

I'm not going to provide a lot of background on this one, to keep the discussion as open as possible, but my premise, essentially, is this: the current SC majority is actively hostile to basic tenets of the Constitution, from separation of powers to separation of church and state, including basic civil rights, democratic voting, equality under the law, and so many others. The floor is open.
What you mean is that they stick to established jurisprudent and Constitutional principle rather than feel-good, passing whims of the extreme left wing.

No, it's just the truth... from the 1930's to today, you leftists have steadily chipped away at the Constitution; and now our country is on the verge of collapse.

You should be happy, you're finally achieving your ultimate goal - destroying the racist, misogynist, homophobic xenophobic United States.

Soon you'll be able to cheer as your government kills conservatives, Christians, and anyone else you don't like.

Happy days for the left. 200 million murdered in the twentieth century was just a warm up, huh ;)

Whatever ...

I'm guessing you're including John Roberts in the "4 absolute leftwing nuts who hate America and hate the Constitution itself". If not him, then you're calling some other rightwinger a leftwing nut.

If you weren't doing that on purpose to yank our chains -- if you actually mean it -- then you just undercut anything you have to say in this thread in an irreparable way.

I _thought_ you were making a joke, so I was willing to play along.

But now you sound serious, which is just sad. So I'll leave you to it.

Whatever ...

I'm guessing you're including John Roberts in the "4 absolute leftwing nuts who hate America and hate the Constitution itself". If not him, then you're calling some other rightwinger a leftwing nut.

If you weren't doing that on purpose to yank our chains -- if you actually mean it -- then you just undercut anything you have to say in this thread in an irreparable way.

Well, your way has us $29 trillion in debt and on pace for $50 trillion in 4 years.

Medicare will be insolvent in 4 years, neverminding that it is unconstitutional to begin with.

Social Security is unconstitutional, Obamacare is unconstitutional, all Federal Education spending is unconstitutional, foreign aide is unconstitutional. On and on...

And I'm certainly not alone in that assessment - I'm in agreement with our Founding Fathers and all of the Supreme Court rulings prior to 1936.

The corruption of our courts and perversion of the rule of law goes back decades, and it certainly is no accident.

Your freedom and country are being stolen from you - you need to wake up.

Well, your way has us $29 trillion in debt and on pace for $50 trillion in 4 years. Medicare will be insolvent in 4 years, neverminding that it is unconstitutional to begin with. Social Security is unconstitutional, Obamacare is unconstitutional, all Federal Education spending is unconstitutional, foreign aide is unconstitutional. On and on... And I'm certainly not alone in that assessment - I'm in agreement with our Founding Fathers and all of the Supreme Court rulings prior to 1936. The corruption of our courts and perversion of the rule of law goes back decades, and it certainly is no accident. Your freedom and country are being stolen from you - you need to wake up.
Cultist Gotta Cult... and,,,
Christian Gotta Chris...
Poor unbelievably lost and dumb mother****ers...
Peace (s) of shit

The U.S. Supreme Court decides the landmark Dred Scott v. Sandford case. ...
Ten years later,
  • the U.S. Supreme Court holds that slaves are property and have no right to sue.
The Court says that people of African ancestry can never become U.S. citizens.

AVvXsEhWjvAFXjVyqbiCoD48WIjE8x2-YYFzXg1pOoD_-_ptJjN16aDiaOv8bmnViJHLIxQmtIyRawpaUrdWwDlDBUUn4jkYTbHw5cXSlQDr8zSGTiIVOrv_SuXAkimfZdzD7jdmMAgj3vWqWbltGI91z7P1LXt-3LV4l4Ptxtqbyls1ck98yQ_fGQ

AVvXsEh3N1zHG6YvlP5SY2NQDWUwB6eVFUSR7ozpmGemskxrN8pnhfBYwO5TFOgBXJxcWr2RaivRhCDrUOq2vWs0tjV1WS04oLn4oPskQKx85ZNwuGyLPQygw5sBnc8WJJhYZucsTNF4qyKL_mLDWoJETIzwQ-k_Kd465RzruSV-tmYBdZ6oMR9Ivg

***********​

Last edited:
That's simply incorrect. That is the ONLY way to change what is constitutional.
Can you put your finger on the part of the Constitution that provides for abortion services?

Can you put your finger on the part of the Constitution that provides for abortion services?
Most of what our leftist government does today is unconstitutional.

The left, and the Financial Elites that control them, don't care about the rule of law. They simply want to wield government to steal and bully.

That's what has become of America.

Most of what our leftist government does today is unconstitutional.

The left, and the Financial Elites that control them, don't care about the rule of law. They simply want to wield government to steal and bully.

That's what has become of America.
Your legal opinion carries no weight.

posts like this are just hilariously silly. The constitution has been upheld and the numerous court rulings over the past 80 or so years have EXPANDED constitutional protections, not restricted them.

Whatever ...

I knew it was a "joke" when I read that "Thomas and Alito are constitutionalists", and I knew it was unserious at the mention of "4 absolute leftwing nuts who hate America and hate the Constitution itself." But, it's not just sad that he meant it, it is dangerously delusional. I think what he meant about decisions prior to 1936 was that he misses the ability to subjugate nonwhites, the preeminence of the KKK and Nazi party, Plessey v. Ferguson, and Dred Scott. Those "good old days" in the fevered imagination when unions could be brutalized, lynchings were de rigeur, and women knew their place. It has nothing to do with the Constitution.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom