• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Bottom Finally Falling Out from Under Trump

what does this psychobabble have to do with how I voted when I didn't choose who the candidates were. I vote against gun banners, tax hikers and big government fans. Like it or not, Blacks are far more likely to run as DEMOCRATS than LIBERTARIANS OR REPUBLICANS.

I was referring to why Goofs sees your position as racist. It's not because you don't vote for a black person, it's because you don't assign value to diversity and thus understand why some people see the candidate being a minority a plus. And some people will even make that plus a one-issue vote. That's no so different than being a one-issue (guns) voter of another sort.

so what your rant is saying I ought to vote for someone based on the color of their skin even if their politics are contrary to my interests? Diversity is best when its based on a diversity of ideas.

When I wrote qualified and vetted, above, I meant to one's political taste. I'm not saying to vote against your political interests, I'm saying understand why others consider voting for their political interests with minority being a plus/factor.

Now, we might note that counting white as a plus is not pro-diversity. That's why we don't have a NAAWP. Promoting the majority (power) does not serve diversity and thus the interest of diverse and robust solutions.

I was referring to why Goofs sees your position as racist. It's not because you don't vote for a black person, it's because you don't assign value to diversity and thus understand why some people see the candidate being a minority a plus. And some people will even make that plus a one-issue vote. That's no so different than being a one-issue (guns) voter of another sort.

When I wrote qualified and vetted, above, I meant to one's political taste. I'm not saying to vote against your political interests, I'm saying understand why others consider voting for their political interests with minority being a plus/factor.

Now, we might note that counting white as a plus is not pro-diversity. That's why we don't have a NAAWP. Promoting the majority (power) does not serve diversity and thus the interest of diverse and robust solutions.

Now now.... I do NOT see his position as racist.

I see it as a clueless white guy who doesn't get both the concept of diversity (and no doubt sneers at it privately), or the fact that his birth as a white guy got him where he is today, a mediocre, unrmployed Yale trained lawyer eclipsed by lots of minorities that he considers inferior to him.

Sad!

his birth as a white guy got him where he is today, a mediocre, unrmployed Yale trained lawyer...

That doesn't work. Privilege does not guarantee success and he's retired.

That doesn't work. Privilege does not guarantee success and he's retired.

Privilege doesn't guarantee success, but it sure helps!

And retired at a young age generally means the career was lucrative, or the pension was good, but your work product wasn't worth pursuing. You won't see Obama retiring in his 50s.

Back
Top Bottom