• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Bottom Finally Falling Out from Under Trump

Good grief. At what point do your silly wishful thinking BS threads become spam? You just make this stuff up as you go along. :roll:

What? THat Trump is a bottom?

Sure. But the ceiling is low. He's not going to get much past 45-47%. The issue though is will Hillary?

Possibly. Plenty of people will hold their noses and vote for her.

Not according to recent polls. Not sure why people are in denial that Trump has a chance.

You're welcome. Of course, I could be wrong about Florida...it's a very tight race there too. I just think the blue collar union democrats in Pennsylvania are making it tight race there. Not sure why it's such a tight race in Florida...unless Rick Scott's environmental disaster is finally getting to people.

I don't think Rubio is very popular right now....Trump really damaged him. I doubt he'll even win back his seat.
Perhaps.

But the reason I mentioned Rubio, is he's polling at almost +5.

Real Clear Politics: Florida Senate - Rubio vs. Murphy

Don't forget Pat Buchanan in that 2000 Presidential race. Reportedly, many old bitties in Florida were confused by the ballot and voted for Buchanan when they meant to vote for Gore. As a result, in some predominantly Democrat areas, Buchanan did remarkably well and far beyond expectations. A few thousand votes that way may have given Bush Florida and the electoral college win.

If either or both of Stein/Johnson can cause that kind of effect in some areas and take votes away, legitimately or by mistake, it could be relevant - but I'm pretty much of the opinion now that Clinton will waltz home with a comfortable electoral college win.
Yeah, I will admit FL is extremely diverse, fragmented, and difficult to define and poll!

The red line has fallen sharply over the past week. I expect it to sink even lower.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

Logic has it that Trump gets zero Obama voters. While Hillary maintains a hold on most of them. And, that's good news because Obama wiped the electoral vote floor with both McCain and Romney.

Turnout is the key, however. Hillary needs to get the Obama voter out. But, baring Donald pulling a Russian hacker out of his sleeve, this is probably over because Trump is not going to be getting much Christian support.

Romney lost because lots of people who voted for McCain stayed home. they claimed Romney-a Mormon, wasn't a "real Christian. Pence's addition to the ticket will probably get them voting GOP again. I suspect that many Sandernistas -especially those who hate wall street, will vote for Jill Stein or stay home since Hillary is as big a wall street whore as trump

I doubt Hildabeast will get the swarms of Black voters. she will win the black vote at rates over 90% but I doubt she will get anywhere near the turnout that Obama got

BTW the more there are reports of Islamic terrorism in the news, the more that helps Trump

But barring a very large post-convention HRC bump, I'd call Trump extremely competitive, and while I can't support it with quantified evidence - my gut says Trump just may pull this off.

Watch Florida: I'm predicting the candidate that wins FL, will win the election! I feel strongly about this.

Yes. I am surprised that they are this close. I think the HRC camp on top of dealing with the email scandal and the other email scandal and the other other email scandal and the yet to come email scandal etc is fighting various wars on all fronts. Plus just like the Republicans, they don't know how to counter Trump. Trump can seem to say any stupid thing he wants and nothing hurts him. I do honestly think that he can walk out onto the street NYC, pull out the gun he claims he has, and shoot Ted Cruz's father in the face with a gun and he'd get more votes than any other person who ever ran for President!

So the Democrats can pretend to believe that everything is A-OK, but they need to put some serious thought into crisis management first and THEN spend all the rest of their money on countering Trump. They don't need a message. They are the other choice. That has to be their message. This election is not about issues.

It's funny but just like in NJ, Trump is a well known personality down in Florida, and there are pockets of Florida that are very rural and very white. He'll have issues in the cities though. Trump is very savvy and he will target the key demos that he knows will vote for him in the key swing states and he knows that's all he has to focus on. While the Democrats seem to have not even have gotten started yet.

Well, this is the same country which elected the Frat boy in chief twice, why not an orange buffoon.

Yes. I am surprised that they are this close. I think the HRC camp on top of dealing with the email scandal and the other email scandal and the other other email scandal and the yet to come email scandal etc is fighting various wars on all fronts. Plus just like the Republicans, they don't know how to counter Trump. Trump can seem to say any stupid thing he wants and nothing hurts him. I do honestly think that he can walk out onto the street NYC, pull out the gun he claims he has, and shoot Ted Cruz's father in the face with a gun and he'd get more votes than any other person who ever ran for President!

So the Democrats can pretend to believe that everything is A-OK, but they need to put some serious thought into crisis management first and THEN spend all the rest of their money on countering Trump. They don't need a message. They are the other choice. That has to be their message. This election is not about issues.

It's funny but just like in NJ, Trump is a well known personality down in Florida, and there are pockets of Florida that are very rural and very white. He'll have issues in the cities though. Trump is very savvy and he will target the key demos that he knows will vote for him in the key swing states and he knows that's all he has to focus on. While the Democrats seem to have not even have gotten started yet.

IMO, if the Republicans running against Trump would not have been afraid to offend Trump voters, he'd be toast by now. Dems will not have that handicap. They just have a ****ty candidate.

Thing is, the GOP have a ****tier one.

Ahh, so he is. I looked at the June polling and he was tanking. Shows what I know. lol
Yes, but as to PENN I do believe as you pointed-out, that Trump can draw power where there's middle-aged blue-collar Caucasians, which pretty much describes the rust-belt union/former-union crowd, and PENN has a lot of those I would think.

Romney lost because lots of people who voted for McCain stayed home. they claimed Romney-a Mormon, wasn't a "real Christian. Pence's addition to the ticket will probably get them voting GOP again. I suspect that many Sandernistas -especially those who hate wall street, will vote for Jill Stein or stay home since Hillary is as big a wall street whore as trump

I doubt Hildabeast will get the swarms of Black voters. she will win the black vote at rates over 90% but I doubt she will get anywhere near the turnout that Obama got

BTW the more there are reports of Islamic terrorism in the news, the more that helps Trump

Romney carried NC and still lost 332 to 206. He carried MO too. And, right now Hillary and Trump are in a tie in that state.

What can Trump win that Romney lost? New Mexico? I doubt it. Sweeping PA, OH, Fla...that's his only path. And, that's a daunting task.

Romney carried NC and still lost 332 to 206. He carried MO too. And, right now Hillary and Trump are in a tie in that state.

What can Trump win that Romney lost? New Mexico? I doubt it. Sweeping PA, OH, Fla...that's his only path. And, that's a daunting task.

Oh hillary has some big advantages-lots of women will vote for her just because of her gender and I believe (like Obama got far more votes due to his race than votes he lost on that issue) that those who vote against her because of that are a smaller number

Oh hillary has some big advantages-lots of women will vote for her just because of her gender and I believe (like Obama got far more votes due to his race than votes he lost on that issue) that those who vote against her because of that are a smaller number

Just like you always vote for white guys!

Just like you always vote for white guys!

There have only been a few times when I could vote for someone who wasn't white. I certainly didn't vote for Obama.

In 1990 I voted for Common Pleas Judge Jack Sherman, an African American Democrat judge over GOP white guy Norm Murdock. I had tried a big case in front of Sherman and I was impressed at his fairness, and decorum on the Bench. He lost the election but thankfully the Hon. S Arthur Spiegel Late US District Judge) appointed Judge Sherman to a federal magistrate's position. I voted for Tyrone Yates for Cincinnati City council-an African American Democrat because he was clearly one of the best 5 running (we could vote for up to nine). Shortly thereafter, I moved out of Cincinnati to a suburb in a county North of cincinnati, and there are very few African Americans running for office outside of Cincinnati in the entire region. IIRC Obama is the ONLY black to run for a national office in areas where I could vote.

so you are lying yet again

There have only been a few times when I could vote for someone who wasn't white. I certainly didn't vote for Obama.

In 1990 I voted for Common Pleas Judge Jack Sherman, an African American Democrat judge over GOP white guy Norm Murdock. I had tried a big case in front of Sherman and I was impressed at his fairness, and decorum on the Bench. He lost the election but thankfully the Hon. S Arthur Spiegel Late US District Judge) appointed Judge Sherman to a federal magistrate's position. I voted for Tyrone Yates for Cincinnati City council-an African American Democrat because he was clearly one of the best 5 running (we could vote for up to nine). Shortly thereafter, I moved out of Cincinnati to a suburb in a county North of cincinnati, and there are very few African Americans running for office outside of Cincinnati in the entire region. IIRC Obama is the ONLY black to run for a national office in areas where I could vote.

so you are lying yet again

My apologies.

You voted for back guys twice for minor elective office in your 30 years of voting, both of which you distinctly remember.

My apologies.

You voted for back guys twice for minor elective office in your 30 years of voting, both of which you distinctly remember.

uh and other than Obama those were the only times I had blacks to vote for or against. so what are you whining about? I turned 18 my senior year of hs. I voted in several city council meetings. for congress I had two white guys in every election I have been eligible to vote in. Same for governor or Ohio save once-where I voted for Ken Blackwell who was black. I also voted for him for City Council once (I forgot about him, he got wasted by Ted Strickland IIRC). Obama was the only presidential candidate who has been black. there have been no black senate candidates in Ohio that I can remember. so what are you whining about. I realize one of the playbooks of the loony left is to assume a democrat candidate is perfect and if you don't vote for a democrat who is black it must be due to race, if the candidate is female, it must be due to her gender. You cannot accept the fact that lots of us find the politics of the Democrat party to be disgusting or at least contrary to our best interests and that is why we vote against democrats.

uh and other than Obama those were the only times I had blacks to vote for or against. so what are you whining about? I turned 18 my senior year of hs. I voted in several city council meetings. for congress I had two white guys in every election I have been eligible to vote in. Same for governor or Ohio save once-where I voted for Ken Blackwell who was black. I also voted for him for City Council once (I forgot about him, he got wasted by Ted Strickland IIRC). Obama was the only presidential candidate who has been black. there have been no black senate candidates in Ohio that I can remember. so what are you whining about. I realize one of the playbooks of the loony left is to assume a democrat candidate is perfect and if you don't vote for a democrat who is black it must be due to race, if the candidate is female, it must be due to her gender. You cannot accept the fact that lots of us find the politics of the Democrat party to be disgusting or at least contrary to our best interests and that is why we vote against democrats.

I'm just noting the irony of you crying about blacks voting for Obama and women voting for Clinton while you have voted for white guys 95%+ of your voting career.

I guess you don't see it.

I'm not surprised.

I'm just noting the irony of you crying about blacks voting for Obama and women voting for Clinton while you have voted for white guys 95%+ of your voting career.

I guess you don't see it.

I'm not surprised.

why do you lie so much? I am not crying about anything. Your pathetic attempt to paint me as a racist because I voted against Obama twice is pathetic. and more than 90% of the choices i have had in voting decisions did not include blacks

so you can stash your stupid and dishonest insinuations that because I tend to vote for conservative or libertarian politicians that somehow has a racist bent to it. and your arrogance in claiming "I don't see it" is yet again more proof of your dishonesty.

why do you lie so much? I am not crying about anything. Your pathetic attempt to paint me as a racist because I voted against Obama twice is pathetic. and more than 90% of the choices i have had in voting decisions did not include blacks

so you can stash your stupid and dishonest insinuations that because I tend to vote for conservative or libertarian politicians that somehow has a racist bent to it. and your arrogance in claiming "I don't see it" is yet again more proof of your dishonesty.

95%, haha, aside, the problem is you don't appreciate the value of diversity, even among presidents. A candidate being qualified and vetted through democracy and its opposing parities, diversity is a plus. You just refuse to recognize the value of diversity, all else being qualified. Discounting the value of diversity is what makes your opposition to blacks voting for blacks and women as such appear racist. Varied perspectives produces the best results, that's the fundamental benefit of democracy.

95%, haha, aside, the problem is you don't appreciate the value of diversity, even among presidents. A candidate being qualified and vetted through democracy and its opposing parities, diversity is a plus. You just refuse to recognize the value of diversity, all else being qualified. Discounting the value of diversity is what makes your opposition to blacks voting for blacks and women as such appear racist. Varied perspectives produces the best results, that's the fundamental benefit of democracy.

what does this psychobabble have to do with how I voted when I didn't choose who the candidates were. I vote against gun banners, tax hikers and big government fans. Like it or not, Blacks are far more likely to run as DEMOCRATS than LIBERTARIANS OR REPUBLICANS.

so what your rant is saying I ought to vote for someone based on the color of their skin even if their politics are contrary to my interests? Diversity is best when its based on a diversity of ideas.

Back
Top Bottom