• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Bill of Rights based on the Ten Commandments?

Where can I find these "Natural Law" rights ?

My god man, if you thought I referenced them to make the point they exist, you are way off the reservation. You’ll find them right where you’ll find the rational practice of reading and accurately understanding what you read, wherever that may exist for you.

What rights can't be taken away?
I think that's his point, as he has enumerated several examples of "rights" that are supposedly protected under the Constitution that have been revoked for some when it is expedient for the government to do so. In many respects, the BOR is an illusion when it suits the government.

My god man, if you thought I referenced them to make the point they exist, you are way off the reservation. You’ll find them right where you’ll find the rational practice of reading and accurately understanding what you read, wherever that may exist for you.

If they exist, where can I find a source to look them up ?

If they exist, where can I find a source to look them up ?

If I was asserting they existed, then I’d feel obligated to answer your question. I do not feel obligated to answer your question, hence, I never asserted or took the opinion they exist

Any other irrevelant to what I stated questions you want to pose? Care to ask for my favorite color and whether I have a natural right to so choose? Want to know my SAT scores and whether and whether I had a natural right to take the exam?

If I was asserting they existed, then I’d feel obligated to answer your question. I do not feel obligated to answer your question, hence, I never asserted or took the opinion they exist

Any other irrevelant to what I stated questions you want to pose? Care to ask for my favorite color and whether I have a natural right to so choose? Want to know my SAT scores and whether and whether I had a natural right to take the exam?

So you deny that "Natural Rights" exist ?

So you deny that "Natural Rights" exist ?

I’m not playing your silly game of let’s discuss red herrings. I’m denying you properly comprehended what I said and the point I made. Whether your ability to so freely miss by an infinite quantity the point I made was an exercise of your natural right in leave to your sole amusement.

I’m not playing your silly game of let’s discuss red herrings.

Well it was you who brought up "natural rights" as if they were a thing
Obviously you now realize that they are not.

I’m denying you properly comprehended what I said and the point I made.

About "natural rights" - something you now realize do not exist.

Whether your ability to so freely miss by an infinite quantity the point I made was an exercise of your natural right in leave to your sole amusement.

Or more to the point, whether you can actually articulate a meaningful argument, in light of your realization that "natural rights" are not a thing

Try again.

If the Bill of Rights isn't based on the Ten Commandments, what is the origin of those enumerated rights?

I am not sure how many times we have to debate this but the Constitution and Bill of Rights is not based on the Bible or the Ten Commandments.

The entirety of the document is damn near exclusively about a method of governance where the individual was not trampled upon, by political ideology or religious ideology.

All of the founders knew all to well what is was like to live under aristocracy and/or theocracy in any sense.

Literally, the idea of enumerated rights or linking "creator" to freedoms is giving the middle finger to any religion telling everyone else how to live. We have never been a Christian nation and no founder ever intended linking the idea of a Constitution or system of laws to religious text.

Everyone involved back in the days of the Constitution and Bill of Rights thought very little of organized religion, even less about religion involved with government, and even less about going to church as fewer of them went to church less often. Most had very colorful statements about Religion especially in the context of being a source of law.

Besides, the first three of the Ten Commandments are all about God's ego having nothing to do with law, another set are more about ethics than law, which leaves you with 3... perhaps 4 with a clever argument still suffering from theocracy Christian Taliban style... actual Commandments that can be construed as reasonable sources of law or rights or liberties.

That clear things up?

Retired general and conspiracy theorist Michael Flynn spoke at a campaign rally this past Saturday for MAGA pastor Jackson Lahmeyer who is running against fellow Republican, Sen. James Lankford. During his rather incoherent speech, I guess he learned from Donnie, that America needs to get back to the Christianity that the nation was founded upon. After stating that the word "Creator" may be read four times in the Constitution, he also said the following:

If the Bill of Rights isn't based on the Ten Commandments, what is the origin of those enumerated rights?

In case you don't know, the word "Creator" is not in the Constitution nor is the word "God".

Not only is the Constitution not based on the Bible, the Bible is antithetical to most or all of the key principles of the Constitution.

In fact, the only thing I can think of that the Constitution had in common with the Bible is that both permitted slavery. That's been fixed in the Constitution, but not in the Bible.

About "natural rights" - something you now realize do not exist.

Or more to the point, whether you can actually articulate a meaningful argument, in light of your realization that "natural rights" are not a thing

Try again.

Well it was you who brought up "natural rights" as if they were a thing

My god man, read my damn post. There’s no reason to so fantastically and tragically blunder what someone said when it is available to read what was written. I never “brought up natural rights as if they were a thing.” That is your inexcusable lack of comprehending what I did say.

I’m going to quote hip-hop to help me endure your nonsense of what I said. From a Ice Cube song, “I think you don't know what the f*** it is you talkin' about!”

I never asserted existence to subsequently realize nonexistence. “I think you don't know what the f*** it is you talkin' about!”

Try again.

Bro, the “insert more coins” is all you, as the game was over once you tragically thought I was asserting as a fact natural law/natural rights exist. Do not risk your mortgage over your BS.

Retired general and conspiracy theorist Michael Flynn spoke at a campaign rally this past Saturday for MAGA pastor Jackson Lahmeyer who is running against fellow Republican, Sen. James Lankford. During his rather incoherent speech, I guess he learned from Donnie, that America needs to get back to the Christianity that the nation was founded upon. After stating that the word "Creator" may be read four times in the Constitution, he also said the following:

In case you don't know, the word "Creator" is not in the Constitution nor is the word "God".
Is this amateurish post supposed to impress me? Maybe you should spend less time talking about God, until you've read something about him. As far as Flynn, you could only dream of accomplishing what he has, and that's just in education credentials. His military accomplishments sit at another level, I doubt you could manage to compete with. So your "conspiracy theorist" comment is bogus hyperbole and totally unsubstantiated nonsense.

no the Bill of Rights is based on the evolution of man's treatment of other men......

I imagine there is something in the Koran or Buddhist writings or Confucius that could be compared to the Bill of Rights.

Is this amateurish post supposed to impress me? Maybe you should spend less time talking about God, until you've read something about him. As far as Flynn, you could only dream of accomplishing what he has, and that's just in education credentials. His military accomplishments sit at another level, I doubt you could manage to compete with. So your "conspiracy theorist" comment is bogus hyperbole and totally unsubstantiated nonsense.

I see your response as having been formed by an inability to comprehend words that provide contradictions to your beliefs - but that's just me.

When he was younger, General Flynn did some good stuff - look it up on the Wiki page - but as he rose thru the ranks, he seemed to have reached a stage where he KNEW that he knew more than everybody else, which is why he was forced to retire in 2014. Following his 33 years in the US Army, Flynn began to profit from relationships with various foreign elements. Then came Trump and the shortest career ever as National Security Adviser.

Yes, General Flynn has more graduate degrees than me, I only have one.

I never “brought up natural rights as if they were a thing.” That is your inexcusable lack of comprehending what I did say.

So "natural rights" are not a thing
Backtracking from you, but good to know.

I’m going to quote hip-hop to help me endure your nonsense of what I said. From a Ice Cube song, “I think you don't know what the f*** it is you talkin' about!”

Always a respected source.

I never asserted existence to subsequently realize nonexistence. “I think you don't know what the f*** it is you talkin' about!”

Bro, the “insert more coins” is all you, as the game was over once you tragically thought I was asserting as a fact natural law/natural rights exist. Do not risk your mortgage over your BS.

So you "never asserted existence" of "natural rights", but you were "asserting as a fact natural law/natural rights exist"

Hmmm

Which is it ?

So "natural rights" are not a thing
Backtracking from you, but good to know.

Always a respected source.

So you "never asserted existence" of "natural rights", but you were "asserting as a fact natural law/natural rights exist"

Hmmm

Which is it ?

No “backtracking” factually exists because I didn’t assert they were a “thing.” Hello, knocks on your head, McFly!

But I commend you, your undaunted efforts to not know what you’ve read and not know what you’re talking about, such effort would be admirable in other contexts, but here it is tragic.

but you were "asserting as a fact natural law/natural rights exist"

What’s that awful smell? Damn, it’s the BS of your post. Bro, can you febreeze your nonsense BS?

The COMPLETE phrase was, “Bro, the “insert more coins” is all you, as the game was over once you tragically thought I was asserting as a fact natural law/natural rights exist.”

Do you understand what the hell that plain English says?

It says YOU tragically (the tragedy continues unabated) thought I was asserting as a fact natural law/natural rights exist.

The plain English doesn’t and isn’t asserting natural law/natural rights exist.

So, which is it? It is more of your failure to read and accurately understand the plain English.

No “backtracking” factually exists because I didn’t assert they were a “thing.” Hello, knocks on your head, McFly!

So "natural rights" don't exist
Good to know.

But I commend you, your undaunted efforts to not know what you’ve read and not know what you’re talking about, such effort would be admirable in other contexts, but here it is tragic.

Forgive me if I don't rejoice in the commendation of such a confused mind.

...it is more of your failure to read and accurately understand the plain English.

Nope you directly contradicted yourself:
I never asserted existence to subsequently realize nonexistence.

I was asserting as a fact natural law/natural rights exist.

As I said, you are very confused. No wonder you're embarrassed.

Good to know.

You're selectively editing his post to make it look like he said something he didn't. That is reprehensible.

Good to know.

Do you think it is violating site rules to intentionally cut and paste what I said in such a manner as to falsely represent what I said? Because that is exactly what you have done more than once now and the repetition is evidence it isn’t any mistake and intentional.

No doubt in a sorry attempt to give the appearance you didn’t make the mistake.

I will ask politely, please do not cut and paste what I said in such a manner as to have my comment say something they factually did not say. That is intentionally misleading and duplicitous.

Do you think it is violating site rules to intentionally cut and paste what I said in such a manner as to falsely represent what I said? Because that is exactly what you have done more than once now and the repetition is evidence it isn’t any mistake and intentional.

No doubt in a sorry attempt to give the appearance you didn’t make the mistake.

I will ask politely, please do not cut and paste what I said in such a manner as to have my comment say something they factually did not say. That is intentionally misleading and duplicitous.

So are you saying "Natural rights" exist or not ?

Back
Top Bottom