• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is The Affordable Care Act Really Bad For Business?

it started during the wage controls of WWII. the practice should be ended immediately; a business is not a health care provider.

Just out of curiosity, who should provide healthcare in your mind?

That is a serious answer. Who would you want providing your health care?

I meant, how should it be paid for. Employer, should it be provided by the government, by individuals?

Obamacare isn't actually mandating anything. It's just taxing/fining people who don't comply. It's still a choice that individuals and companies get to make.

Which is the punishment for not following the mandate. Kind of like how prison is the punishment for murdering someone.

If they cut your hours, how do you pay for other necessities, you know like mortgage/rent, food, utilities, etc.?

You're very shortsighted on this.

I tell the land lord to accept less or get nothing.........
When my hours are cut , then I qualify for SNAP, say $120 for food.

The more they push, the more pissed off revolutionaries fill the streets..........keep it up.......we need more.

I tell the land lord to accept less or get nothing.........
When my hours are cut , then I qualify for SNAP, say $120 for food.

The more they push, the more pissed off revolutionaries fill the streets..........keep it up.......we need more.

That sounds like a sound plan! :thumbs:

I meant, how should it be paid for. Employer, should it be provided by the government, by individuals?

Oh, so you meant who should be responsible for paying for health care insurance ?

How about the individual who WANTS it, or a company if they WANT to provide it? NO ONE should be mandated to do so.

Oh, so you meant who should be responsible for paying for health care insurance ?

How about the individual who WANTS it, or a company if they WANT to provide it? NO ONE should be mandated to do so.

Yes, that's what I was getting at. I disagree, which you probably guessed by now. If you do not find it a moral obligation to provide healthcare for people it really makes sense from purely fiscal perspective also. If you consider the long term savings to business and government of people getting preventative care alone ( illness being caught early or prevented all together) Not to mention the financial devastation caused by out of control medical costs even for people who are insured.

If you consider higher insurance cost for the average person, not being able to keep your Doctor, not being able to work a full week because employers will not allow you to work a full week because of Obamacare, if taxing companies that make medical equipment, taxing young people for not buying insurance and many more negatives is good for the American people then I guess your onto something.

Why don't you read the whole article, read what is in the ACA and stop mimicing the rw garbage. The ACA is here to stay and as time goes by more and more people will reap the benefits.

Medicare for all is my preference.

I agree. I just read an article countering the claims of government inefficiency with regard to medicare. It mentioned that the administrative cost for medicate is 2% of it's overhead while commercial companies are at 26%. When you add in the fact that insurance companies are there to make a profit, which often leads to the consumers health being second in line....it seems like an even better idea. I "know people" (that sounds so stupid) but I do...who were in the insurance industry and got out because they were so disgusted with it. They saw first hand practices of delaying claims etc until a patient died so they wouldn't have to pay. What's wrong with this picture?

I agree. I just read an article countering the claims of government inefficiency with regard to medicare. It mentioned that the administrative cost for medicate is 2% of it's overhead while commercial companies are at 26%. When you add in the fact that insurance companies are there to make a profit, which often leads to the consumers health being second in line....it seems like an even better idea. I "know people" (that sounds so stupid) but I do...who were in the insurance industry and got out because they were so disgusted with it. They saw first hand practices of delaying claims etc until a patient died so they wouldn't have to pay. What's wrong with this picture?

what's wrong is that we have three tiers of for profit companies delivering an essential service with inelastic demand, an artificially bottlenecked supply, and the primary entry point is employment specific.

And then we wonder why it's expensive.

Which is the punishment for not following the mandate. Kind of like how prison is the punishment for murdering someone.

I'm pretty sure that it is a tax/fine. Not jail.

I'm pretty sure that it is a tax/fine. Not jail.

The fine represents the punishment for not following the mandate as jail represents the punishment for crimes such as murder, rape, etc. It is a mandate and they did make it against the law to not follow it.

The fine represents the punishment for not following the mandate as jail represents the punishment for crimes such as murder, rape, etc. It is a mandate and they did make it against the law to not follow it.

It's an alternative to providing insurance.

Why don't you read the whole article, read what is in the ACA and stop mimicing the rw garbage. The ACA is here to stay and as time goes by more and more people will reap the benefits.

I love liberals, everything is free, love those benefits, free phones, food stamps, government housing, medicaid, free school lunches, free, free, free, is all a liberal knows. It has to be free and people will reap the benefits. Yep, liberals love people on government dependence. Have to have those benefits or you can't survive. The problem is at who's expense? Of course the rich people will pay for your government benefits. You have to love the rich for providing all your benefits, but you hate them for being rich, but you have to have them. You have a love - hate relationship with your rich providers. You hate they are rich but you love their money..... How do you feel you did not become one of the rich to be able to be one of those that provide all the free stuff?

Free, you have to love "free" geeeee why do we have to work for a living, why is the standard of living we want not FREE?

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, who should provide healthcare in your mind?

How about YOU. Why should you feel someone else should provide healthcare for you? I have to ask what else should someone else provide for you. Should someone else provide you a house, a car, free money, just how much free stuff should someone else provide for you?

Last edited:
How can insurance cost more when ITS CAPPED AT 2 or 4% of your pay?

if they cut your hours, you insurance will get cut too. (its that %%%%% thing you know LOL )

Name section of ACA that says you cant keep your Dr........

Thye have lots of money, they can pay a TINY 2% tax.

young people will get FREE insurance thru medicaid............So again, why would they pay any ACA tax?

2% tax on revenues is by no means tiny.
And where does it say everyone 26-35 qualifies for Medicaid? Because that's the group we are talking about here

It should be directly paid to the person providing the service, doctors

How about YOU. Why should you feel someone else should provide healthcare for you? I have to ask what else should someone else provide for you. Should someone else provide you a house, a car, free money, just how much free stuff should someone else provide for you?

Yes please.

2% tax on revenues is by no means tiny.
And where does it say everyone 26-35 qualifies for Medicaid? Because that's the group we are talking about here

it says it in the ACA.
All with incomeless than $14k get medicaid, no kid needed, no disabiltiy needed. ONLY no or low income.
And if they make $16k they get ~$30 month real HC.

"XX) beginning January 1,
21 2014, who are under 65 years of age
22 and are not described in or enrolled
23 under a previous subclause of this
24 clause, and whose income (as deter25
mined under subsection (e)(14)) exceeds
HR 3590 EAS/PP
1 133 percent of the poverty line (as de2
fined in section 2110(c)(5)) applicable
3 to a family of the size involved but"

ACA section 2001 - 2002

Why should we provide YOU with fire protection
police?
roads
Library
etc etc etc .

All paid for by all of us, and used by most.

Now we just add Healthcare to that list.

I love liberals, everything is free, love those benefits, free phones, food stamps, government housing, medicaid, free school lunches, free, free, free, is all a liberal knows. It has to be free and people will reap the benefits. Yep, liberals love people on government dependence. Have to have those benefits or you can't survive. The problem is at who's expense? Of course the rich people will pay for your government benefits. You have to love the rich for providing all your benefits, but you hate them for being rich, but you have to have them. You have a love - hate relationship with your rich providers. You hate they are rich but you love their money..... How do you feel you did not become one of the rich to be able to be one of those that provide all the free stuff?

Free, you have to love "free" geeeee why do we have to work for a living, why is the standard of living we want not FREE?

Conservatives voted for that stuff also. And there have been times that both houses of congress plus the potus were controlled by repubs and they never cut any welfare.

Back
Top Bottom