• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Texas' Military Reputation Overrated?

You have a long way to go with your historical education. I'll be glad to help, but you have to be nice.

That seems like a convenient cop out for whenever the commander makes a dumb move. Hey, you screwed up? No worries, just blame it on your men.

That seems like a convenient cop out for whenever the commander makes a dumb move. Hey, you screwed up? No worries, just blame it on your men.

No, it isn't a cop it. It's a fact that a military unit is a team. Every member of the team has to do his part. It isn't absolute, but that's the fundamental fact.

No, it isn't a cop it. It's a fact that a military unit is a team. Every member of the team has to do his part. It isn't absolute, but that's the fundamental fact.

And what happens when your general is a moron, or positions his troops in a bad position, or gets hammered before the battle?

And what happens when your general is a moron, or positions his troops in a bad position, or gets hammered before the battle?

Depends. Lee put Hood's brigade in a bad position at the Devil's Den and they took the position.

At The Crater, Federal troops stormed into the crater they exploded their mine and were wiped out.

Depends. Lee put Hood's brigade in a bad position at the Devil's Den and they took the position.

At The Crater, Federal troops stormed into the crater they exploded their mine and were wiped out.

Now, was it Federal troops' fault that they hadn't been trained properly for the Crater?

Was it the Texans fault that they got shoveled into a meat grinder to take an ultimately unimportant position?

Now, was it Federal troops' fault that they hadn't been trained properly for the Crater?

Was it the Texans fault that they got shoveled into a meat grinder to take an ultimately unimportant position?

Whose fault was it that the Federal couldn't hold the Devil's Den?

Whose fault was it that the Federal couldn't hold the Devil's Den?

If it was anybody's fault, it was the Confederates, for making the position untenable. But then again, Devil's Den ended up not really mattering.

If it was anybody's fault, it was the Confederates, for making the position untenable. But then again, Devil's Den ended up not really mattering.

It was the Confederates's fault that the Federal couldn't hold the Devil's Den?

LOOK at who are the TEXANS and who are the mexicans and then check IQ's and history of winning wars

Remember Teddy roosvelt in late 1800's finally stopped the spainish at cuba..

Remember it was the tenneseans .. davy crockett,,,, sam hoouston and many others going to texas that helped make the victory

who were these people?? Ths ones with the most white blood were the texans and tenneseans and the ones with less white blood was the mexicans and the spanish and cubans in CUBA.... San JUAN HILL... check prof lynn the IQ expert to know why this happned

It sounds like your IQ isnt too high.

Your that Neo Confederate guy, right? I don't particularly care what you say man, so go on ahead.

No, I'm another one of those guys that you can't best in a history discussion, so you run around babbling like a butt hurt kid making false attributions about them, because all discussion must follow your memorized narratives or you can't participate, like this thread you started for instance. You don't care what I say because I'm just better informed than you, that's all. I'm used it from your ilk.

No, I'm another one of those guys that you can't best in a history discussion, so you run around babbling like a butt hurt kid making false attributions about them, because all discussion must follow your memorized narratives or you can't participate, like this thread you started for instance. You don't care what I say because I'm just better informed than you, that's all. I'm used it from your ilk.

Yeah, as I recall, your the one who bailed on the last discussion.

But hey---- be defensive all you want. Wouldn't want your fragile self esteem to get crushed anymore then it already is, after all.

Yeah, as I recall, your the one who bailed on the last discussion.

But hey---- be defensive all you want. Wouldn't want your fragile self esteem to get crushed anymore then it already is, after all.

Lol you bailed when you couldn't come up with a rebuttal; nothing new has been said in either of those threads. you must think 'posting last' some repetitive drivel is 'winning or something. this isn't my regular board, so I don't visit it often, sometimes for months and years, so you'll just have to wait until I feel like wasting time on you and others' exercises in self-hypnosis and chanting.

Lol you bailed when you couldn't come up with a rebuttal; nothing new has been said in either of those threads. you must think 'posting last' some repetitive drivel is 'winning or something. this isn't my regular board, so I don't visit it often, sometimes for months and years, so you'll just have to wait until I feel like wasting time on you and others' exercises in self-hypnosis and chanting.

Yeah, nope. Nice alternative history though. Just like your view of the Civil War.

If you don't post here feel free to go away for another couple years. Believe me, nobody will miss you.

Back
Top Bottom