• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Swine Flu the Real Threat?

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
What exactly is the true story behind all the panic being spread around the world. Clearly the Swine Flu as it has been hyped is not the threat we have been told it is. With the number of deaths being reduced from 152 in Mexico down to 7 and the one child in the U.S. that just came back from Mexico City something else must be behind all this. It's not just Media hype either the W.H.O. and C.D.C. are involved in an unprecedented way I have seen before. It's clear that something is afoot last night I was in a hospital emergency room and all 12 people were wearing surgical masks and there were signs on the wall telling people that if the have flu symptoms to wear a mask. Now today I hear that these masks have not been shown to deduce your chances of contracting the flu.
I am not making a claim as to why all the hype is taking place just that something more must be going on when the Mexican Government shuts down, cruise ships aren't going there. Schools here have shut down,
they say it's too late closing the border, because it's already here.
What the heck is really going on here?

Ron Paul brings some sense into the swine flu mess:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB5-Y08qbjo"]YouTube - Congressman Paul on the Recent Swine Flu Scare[/ame]

Ron Paul brings some sense into the swine flu mess:

YouTube - Congressman Paul on the Recent Swine Flu Scare

He's right. The government can't "fix" the swine flu. The only thing that should be being done is preparation for worst case scenario and informing the public in a rational manner of the disease. They shouldn't be panicking and such.

It is serious, but it's not like the government can possibly do anything to mitigate that. And freaking out never helps any situation.

He's right. The government can't "fix" the swine flu. The only thing that should be being done is preparation for worst case scenario and informing the public in a rational manner of the disease. They shouldn't be panicking and such.

It is serious, but it's not like the government can possibly do anything to mitigate that. And freaking out never helps any situation.

Just keep funding research (something which its always worth pointing out the U.S. has been really good at), and making sure that the government has mechanisms through which is can implement solutions to real crisese where and when it becomes beneficial to do so. Business as usual more or less. But yeah, strains of flue come and go. The government cant do much to fix that one.

It wants to know as much as it can about each strain, and it probably wants as many diferant vacines on ice as possible. With a capability to mass produce and distribute them in the event of a plaguelike (in impact) flue.

So yeah. The government cant save the day, but it should still have the best ambulanc it can invent and produce at the bottom of the hill in case of emergencies.

Based on facts this is not a real threat as I have said early on. As I said before in part the WHO came out last night and reduced the number of deaths from 152 to 8 world wide and a total of 230 some cases total in the whole world. Now the media can back off say never mind like the old Gilda Radner bit on SNL news. All of the deaths were Mexicans. There was even some conspiracy theories early that it was a test of a Bio engineered pathogen directed at Mexicans.
It is being talked about everywhere one goes and in all media and the real threat is falling for it without stopping to ask what is really going on and what are the facts?
I almost expected the old duck tape and plastic warning to come flooding the media. In that case most likelt would have been promoted by the manufactures.
On another thread I have posted there are things one can do to prepare for a threat and they still hold true, however this is not the threat to worry about in my opinion.
The fear mongering being spread about isolation concentration is exactly that. Fear mongering. This time.

Based on facts this is not a real threat as I have said early on. As I said before in part the WHO came out last night and reduced the number of deaths from 152 to 8 world wide and a total of 230 some cases total in the whole world. Now the media can back off say never mind like the old Gilda Radner bit on SNL news. All of the deaths were Mexicans. There was even some conspiracy theories early that it was a test of a Bio engineered pathogen directed at Mexicans.
It is being talked about everywhere one goes and in all media and the real threat is falling for it without stopping to ask what is really going on and what are the facts?
I almost expected the old duck tape and plastic warning to come flooding the media. In that case most likelt would have been promoted by the manufactures.
On another thread I have posted there are things one can do to prepare for a threat and they still hold true, however this is not the threat to worry about in my opinion.
The fear mongering being spread about isolation concentration is exactly that. Fear mongering. This time.

They didn't really reduce anything, they are reporting the confirmed numbers. The suspected numbers are much higher.

If anything, the WHO has been the rational voice in the whole thing. They are calling against the drastic measures some places are taking over it, such as Egypt slaughtering pigs and such.

The problem is not trying to inform about a potential threat, it's the fact that most people are panicky animals.

They didn't really reduce anything, they are reporting the confirmed numbers. The suspected numbers are much higher.

If anything, the WHO has been the rational voice in the whole thing. They are calling against the drastic measures some places are taking over it, such as Egypt slaughtering pigs and such.

The problem is not trying to inform about a potential threat, it's the fact that most people are panicky animals.

This is true however the numbers of cases being reported in the media for Mexico was over 152 and they were not using the the terms unconfirmed or suspected at the time. They were fear mongering because many in the media are doing this for ratings not to help or inform but to frighten. I know because I have been there but never doe that. But I have seen it and I am very familiar with the phrase; "If it bleeds it leads". And there is almost never any consideration given to the negative effect on the public sensationalizing a story might produce.
When it turns out it's not the Pandemic they were crying wolf about, they will simply go into spin mode and say if cornered to respond to questions about the scare tactics, that a massive of loss of life was avoided because they got the word out early and often and because public were properly and correctly informed, they took the steps needed to avert the looming disaster. And rather than being criticized we should being praised for our prudent actions as they clearly saved countless lives. To do otherwise would have been irresponsible on our part.
I have seen and heard it before.

Last edited:
This is true however the numbers of cases being reported in the media for Mexico was over 152 and they were not using the the terms unconfirmed or suspected at the time. They were fear mongering because many in the media are doing this for ratings not to help or inform but to frighten. I know because I have been there but never doe that. But I have seen it and I am very familiar with the phrase; "If it bleeds it leads". And there is almost never any consideration given to the negative effect on the public sensationalizing a story might produce.
When it turns out it's not the Pandemic they were crying wolf about, they will simply go into spin mode and say if cornered to respond to questions about the scare tactics, that a massive of loss of life was avoided because they got the word out early and often and because public were properly and correctly informed, they took the steps needed to avert the looming disaster. And rather than being criticized we should being praised for our prudent actions as they clearly saved countless lives. To do otherwise would have been irresponsible on our part.
I have seen and heard it before.

True. The media sucks.

Is the swine flu the real threat??

First, while many people have gotten sick recently at a time of year that's typically AFTER the flue season, that ONLY mexican's have died from this illness, the way that the media has OVER-hyped this that there is no REAL threat going on here.

This whole swine flu ordeal (unless it starts killing people in masse) seems to have a few objectives :

1 - Distraction - all these countries that are on the verge of revolt or even revolution have now stopped for fear of falling victim to this disease

2 - Analysis - You can be certain that this bug is being full tracked and traced to determine the spread of the disease as well as it's 'toxicity'

3 - Preparedness - If the WHO determines this to be a class 6 outbreak... the UN will come and take over. This means : mandatory vaccinations and martial law.

So, I am leaning to the idea that this is a 'beta test' for a future and much more deadly virus that will be released on the world population.... even in as soon as the next few months as I've seen it be subtlely alluded. As things stand right now, the WHO has us in a category 5 outbreak, meaning that at any time the call can be made to start mandatory vaccinations (in spite of the fact that it would take about 6 months to create a vaccine if this were a new bug). If this gets implemented do whatever you can to avoid the shot because you're more likely to die from the vaccine than the sickness (so far at least... based off of historical precedent)

The WHO is at level 5 for no good reason. Regular flu speads just as fast and kills just as many or more. Every case reported so far that is not in Mexico is a week strain
If they begin to try to go to a manditory vaccination program then watch the death toll go thrugh the roof. Back in 1976 they passed out frr shots and killed a lot of people and only person who got the flu died from it. That's why I wonder what they are all up to.

True. The media sucks.

The strange thing is, based on that link you provided, the disease is not found in pigs in Mexico. Meaning that it did not mutate in pigs. So how did that diease pick up pig DNA and where/how did it get released? Call me nuts, but it does look like some nut made this in the lab when you put two and two together. Unlike Avian which has a clear link between fowl farms and the workers, the pig connection just isn't there.

What The Hell?

Mexico's Agriculture Department said Monday that inspectors found no sign of swine flu among pigs around the farm in Veracruz, and that no infected pigs have been found yet anywhere in Mexico.

Mexico faces criticism over swine flu response
Patient zero? Mom of first confirmed case talks - Swine flu- msnbc.com

Patient Zero lived in an area where no pigs, including those at the local pig farm were infected with the flu.

If the Mexican Department is telling the truth, I'm betting someone made this in the lab.

EDIT: There is a possibility that Avian flu was in bird droppings that pooed into the pig manure lakes that had swine flu, transferred genes through (which is common) and then dried out, blew across the hill and infected the people in the nearby village.

Last edited:
The strange thing is, based on that link you provided, the disease is not found in pigs in Mexico. Meaning that it did not mutate in pigs. So how did that diease pick up pig DNA and where/how did it get released? Call me nuts, but it does look like some nut made this in the lab when you put two and two together. Unlike Avian which has a clear link between fowl farms and the workers, the pig connection just isn't there.

It's also got bird and human DNA. It may have mutated in birds, or even mutated in humans after traveling through the other two in different forms.

The bird DNA means that they also need to look at birds as well, which they aren't doing because of the proximity to pigs. Could be a red herring. The disease might have jumped from pigs to birds to humans.

Or it could be something that was cooked up in a lab.

The conspiracy theories are beginning to be almost a frightening as a real pandemic would be, and I can't begin to cover all of them.

Last edited:
Since I believe nothing the government releases and truly serious matters are distorted to best serve the goals the governments wants, I have wondered if the huge alert is because the outbreak is actually avian flu and not swing flu.

Virtually all influenza is "swine flu" as most flu originates in the pigs of China. Humans can contract influenza (flu) from pigs. Because pork is so popular in China, the small farmers live in such proximity with their pigs, and the conditions are less than sanitary, most flu comes from China. Flu vacines origin from researchers in China watching for the next evolved strain of flu in pigs there.

Divulging the outbreak of a real pandemic lethal disease, which is want avian (bird) flu is with a motality rate of over 90%, would lead to massive economic chaos. They could even rationalize the misinformation under the theory that people fleeing an area with avian flu would only serve to more rapidly spread the disease worldwide.

The story as released doesn't add up. Hundreds of thousands of people, millions, dies of contageous diseases. A flu that has killed less than 200 (tens of thousands die of the annual flu every year) isn't news whatsoever. It is only news if the government tells them its news and the truth to the media is only what the government tells them - true or false.

This is just another in a long line of government proclaimations that are results of knee-jerk reactions and do nothing of any consequence other than scare the population. Swine flu, TARP, the stimulous plan, bailouts, the Obama budget, bird flu, AIDS and on and on. There's no time to think, only react.

Yet when there is time to think and plan, like Katrina or the auto industry or bank solvency, the government sits with its thumb up its ass and does nothing until we'l in the middle of a real full-blown catastrophe. Then, instead of the action that is really needed in the emergency, they spend their time posturing, bloviating and trying to make sure that anyone is to blame as long as it isn't them. Meanwhile, Rome burns and the taxpayers get soaked in the firefight.

It's time to throw all the bums out. Only there are too many voters out there who are far more interested in watching reruns of Gilligan's Island than learning about what's really going on their country. Sad.

The conspiracy theories are beginning to be almost a frightening as a real pandemic would be, and I can't begin to cover all of them.

The disease itself isn't that frightening any more than the regular flu. What is frightening is the possibility that this was made in the lab. Not to mention how that director of medicine in Dallas stated so. If this is the first of the individually made diseases targeting humans on a wide scale, then that is the real fright. It's been hypothesized that someone would do it eventually. If this is it, imagine the next engineered diease. While countries have long engaged in biological warfare, it's always been a targeted affair where individuals bent on some idea may not exercise such restraint.

No one has really died in the US, and it's just a huge hype. Several high schools in my district were closed because one person caught the flu, but there's no huge pandemic. I doubt it even spreads easily from human to human. All the infected were returning from Mexico.

Now even as many media outlets are backing off the scare tactics and some are even reporting that the threat has been over blown we get this from the AP Wire; "WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama voiced hope Friday that the swine flu virus will run its course "like ordinary flus" as officials reported more than two dozen new cases and scores more schools shut down.

The government issued new guidance for schools with confirmed cases, saying they should close for at least 14 days because children can be contagious for seven to 10 days from when they get sick. That means parents can expect to have children at home for longer than previously thought.

The Education Department said that more than 400 schools had closed, affecting about 245,000 children in 18 states. That was about 100 more schools reported closed than reported on Thursday.

Major U.S. airlines, meanwhile, announced plans to curtail flights into flu-ravaged Mexico".

Flu ravaged Mexico? Economically that is a fact but I say only because of the over reaction and hype being spread around the world in an unprecedented manner for reasons that are as yet unclear. We hear from the authorities in Washington and the highest levels of Government that there is no reason to be panicky and yet the scare tactic continue on a wide scale bases.

Mexico was already as many know in trouble economically and under pressure from the drug lords who wheel unprecedented power over large portions of the country. This latest round of cruise ships avoiding Mexican ports and now US Airlines are joining those of other countries curtailing flights there. It seems Mexico is going to need a bail out of it's own in the very near future or face the real prospect of collapse sooner rather than later. Loaning countries money they can never hope to pay back is a tactic explained by John Perkins in his best selling book Confessions of an Economic Hit Man. The World Bank & IMF loans money then when it can't be repaid concessions are required of the country and they loose some control over their own destiny. This could very will be part of what is at play here.

Last edited:
Now even as many media outlets are backing off the scare tactics and some are even reporting that the threat has been over blown we get this from the AP Wire; "WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama voiced hope Friday that the swine flu virus will run its course "like ordinary flus" as officials reported more than two dozen new cases and scores more schools shut down.

Well if OBAMA says there's nothing to worry about then there's nothing more to say on it given his expertise on diseases. Besides, his source is the infalible Ron Paul.

Of course ordinary flus infect about 100 million Americans a year. Yet I suppose he can't be wrong as a case could be made that death is ordinary.

As the clouds of confusion and over hype begin to lift I am beginning to see a response to it all from the media I overlooked until now. It's the; HEY! It's not our fault we were just reporting what the CDC and WHO were putting out. And they are doing it with a straight face. Never mind that they talked it up a zillion times an hour every hour in some cases and added a lot of their own hyperbole until panic took hold in a lot of areas. Schools closed people missed work in order to stay home and watch the kids and so on. The manufacturers of dust/paint and surgical masks I'm sure are okay with results up to now.
If as has been suggested this was in part a test to observe the effects and response to a threatened PANDEMIC I hope they learned all they needed to and the next time they can be responsibly concerned rather than scaring the heck out of millions for no good reason.

602. Swine Flu is a bio-attack from Feds (4/30/09)

Feds planed a bio-attack in 4/8 plot. I accurately predicted it on 3/30, eight days before action date. Re:

"596. Bio-attack in the name of pandemic (3/30/09)"

The rehearsal of response to a mock attack(see #594) indicates the Feds may carry out the coming operation with the help of a bio attack. I have said Feds will kill a lot of people in the framed drug case. To cover up the unusual multiple deaths, Feds always planed big event such like war, natural disaster, terror attack to distract.

Here is a news prepared psychologically for that bio-attack:

"New Human Death from Bird Flu
By Tim Johnson McClatchy Newspapers
2/26/2009

Beijing - A handful of new human fatalities from bird flu underscore that the H5N1 virus has become entrenched in some countries, such as China, and that it still could mutate and flare into a global pandemic, U.N. officials said last week.
.......A best-case scenario might cause only 100,000 deaths, he added."

I said Feds had planed a frame case on date when my wife returned from her China trip which was accordance with the missile launching date of N.Korea.(N.Korea set the launching date between 4/4 to 4/8) I said the Feds may carry out the coming operation with the help of a bio attack. My wife returned on 4/8. She was severely sickened with a flu. She could hardly speak due to the sore throat caused by severe cough. She had to stay home for days before back to work on 4/13 with her voice still broken. That's something never happened before. My wife is a hard working woman. In my memory, she had never asked for a sick leave.

Why hadn't the Feds carried out their 4/8 plan? I think because I accurately revealed their plot. I even referred the news to guess the coming bio-attack was a bird flu (H5N1). The reference news was from China. I always point out Chinese secret police is an accomplice of the Feds in this framed case. And my wife caught the flu during her China trip. Would you say that's another coincidence?

Then why do they revive that bio-attack? I think the pressure from the high ranking is too heavy. Because I also accurately predicted the Iran war. Everything seems to be ready for that war - except the elimination of Kat Hak Sung who revealed the secret. But haven't I predicted the bio-attack of bird flu (H5N1) in advance? To avoid to prove my accuracy, Feds creates another name - Swine Flu (H1N1). New name won't change the reality. Everything shows it's a pre-planed bio-attack. Feds just changed the name of the flu.

603. Mexico Flu was part of 4/8 plot (5/8/09)

In recent days I was blocked to access the Internet again for almost three days. I think the main reason is my message #602 reveals the secret of Swine Flu. So if I could not post my message on time, (every five days), then you know something bad is going to happen.

When I say Mexico Flu was part of 4/8 plot, I based on timing. The first death of the Flu, was Adela Maria Gutierrez. She fell ill April 1 with what she thought was a bad cold. She tried aspirin and antibiotics, bed rest and moist towels, but nothing brought down her soaring fever, reduced her aches and pains, or boosted her energy level. Maria Gutierrez went to the hospital April 9. After tests revealed an unusual illness, medical personnel isolated her and notified state and federal official. She died April 13. (Extracted from San Jose Mercury News, 4/29 and 5/1) The timing was accordance to my wife's. My wife caught a flu in later March and early April. The worst time for her was about April 8. If the Feds increases the poison dose, she might have died at same time Gutierrez did. The outbreak of the Mexico Flu would rapidly spread all over the world that would justify my wife's death.

Another similar case took place in a train which crossed Siberia of Russia. The news topic was: "Sudden death of a Chinese female worker, Russia steps up its way to prevent a pandemic." In a train from Far East to Moscow, a young woman's health worsened at night of 4/14. She had a high fever and died next morning. The original diagnosis of Russian doctor was that the woman died of SARS. The response of Russia was strong. They immediately stopped the train, Quarantine the station and isolated the 60 passengers of that coach. The Guarantine released on 4/18 when authority said that the disease was not SARS but an ordinary pneumonia.

Several local Chinese paper reported this news with big article. It also said the mainstream media of Russia made a large quantity of news report on this topic. Caused a nation wide public attention. The unusual reaction of the government may indict the 4/8 plot was a big one. The secret police of China and Russia were involved. If the 4/8 plot carried out successfully, then there was a worldwide "pandemic". The Russia's would have started from that Chinese woman's death on train.

Since the persecution was urgent and in large scale, the next plot probably would be around 5/24 when my nephew will have a wedding party in Boston. My family members will fly from the West coast to the East Coast to attend that party.

Indeed, Ron Paul rocks.

Look at the swine flu now. It kind of slowed down. What, is there only a couple hundred cases in U.S.? Last I checked, there was 300 million people in this country.

Back
Top Bottom