• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is supporting Trump, especially after 43 months, voluntary or more of an irresistible urge?

Is supporting Trump more involuntary than voluntary?

• Involuntary is the most reasonable excuse

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Voluntary... what's the problem about supporting Trump?

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Lady of the house wonderin' where it's gonna stop
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
On CNN now, Wolf and Co. are feigning suprise at the "shocking" revelation, especially the "timing"!

Search Results

Web results

In Mary Trump's secret tapes, president's sister Maryanne calls ...

[url]www.washingtonpost.com
› politics › 2020/08/22
[/URL]

1 hour ago - I'm talking too freely,” President Trump's older sister, a former federal ... In secretly recorded audio, President Trump's sister says he has 'no principles' and ... In response to a question from The Washington Post about how she ...

Mary Trump's book: Trump's worldview forged by neglect and ...

[url]www.washingtonpost.com
› politics › 2020/07/07
[/URL]

Jul 7, 2020 - Mary Trump writes that Donald's sister Maryanne “had been doing his homework for him” but that she couldn't take ... He has no principles. ... Shane Harris covers intelligence and national security for The Washington Post.

MaryAnne Trump Barry retired from active judicial service on February 11, 2019. Her retirement brought an end to an investigation of whether she had engaged in fraudulent tax schemes with her siblings that violated judicial conduct rules. The investigation closed without reaching a conclusion as to the merits of the allegations.
[h=3]Maryanne Trump Barry - Wikipedia[/h]

Last edited:
Supporting Trump is a bit like being an alcoholic.

And being an alcoholic is like being at the top of a really high cliff and listening to the little voice inside your head that says “Jump”.

And being an alcoholic is like being at the top of a really high cliff and listening to the little voice inside your head that says “Jump”.

It does, this deep down into the rabbit hole, sure seem involuntary addiction.

List of cults of personality - Wikipedia
Ethnologists Jonathan Rosa and Yarimar Bonilla wrote of "Trump's xenophobia, bombast, and cult of personality, reminiscent of leaders in South Africa, Gambia, Uganda, Libya, and Zimbabwe."[SUP][172][/SUP] Daniel Kato noted that "according to political theorist Hannah Arendt's thinking Trump may yet hunker down, drawing strength from the resistance to him, and continue to consolidate his cult of personality."[SUP][173][/SUP] Articles, editorials, and a number of elected officials on both ends of the political spectrum have noted Trump's emerging cult of personality,[SUP][174][/SUP] while others have cited in particular his repeated claim that "the news media are the enemy of the people"[SUP][175][/SUP] as one hallmark of such a central figure, deriving directly from Stalin's use of the phrase.[SUP][176][/SUP]

On CNN now, Wolf and Co. are feigning suprise at the "shocking" revelation, especially the "timing"!

No, it's not involuntary. Though with how much the other side tends to support such horrible things, it tends to almost feel like a necessity.

This is just more dirt that they apparently "found" for some reason, or the other and it's not like any of this crap helped them win against him the first time around. Because, spoilers, it didn't. It showed that the left was far more willing to play some rather unsavory games, or even downright lie and cheat to get their way.

Most voters are just tired of it at this point.

I don't care for the recording, because how it was acquired and the fact that it doesn't exactly seem as candid as one would think. Especially considering most of the other methods they left have used to produce dirt against Trump in the last few years. I do find it hard to actually take any of this seriously.

Wealthy people like Trump because of the massive tax cut Trump gave wealthy people.

The gun lobby likes Trump because Trump is pro gun.

The anti abortion crowd likes Trump because Trump is anti abortion.

People who are afraid of blacks like Trump because Trump will protect them from blacks.

And supporting Biden is like being a drunk driver.

You don't care that you're actively ****ing people over or even killing them, just so long as you can have everything your way.

And supporting Biden is like being a drunk driver.

You don't care that you're actively ****ing people over or even killing them, just so long as you can have everything your way.

*looks around at US, a President spreading misinformation about COVID, hundreds of thousands dead, breaking the post office to ensure the opposition can’t vote him out, shows no leadership or empathy for his people.

Alright champ, whatever you say.

my opinion is that many who are still with him now are too invested to turn back. some might not be, though.

No, it's not involuntary. Though with how much the other side tends to support such horrible things, it tends to almost feel like a necessity.

This is just more dirt that they apparently "found" for some reason, or the other and it's not like any of this crap helped them win against him the first time around. Because, spoilers, it didn't. It showed that the left was far more willing to play some rather unsavory games, or even downright lie and cheat to get their way.

Most voters are just tired of it at this point.

I don't care for the recording, because how it was acquired and the fact that it doesn't exactly seem as candid as one would think. Especially considering most of the other methods they left have used to produce dirt against Trump in the last few years. I do find it hard to actually take any of this seriously.

You're not taking responsibility for the consequences of supporting Trump. You don't seem to recognize the consequences, or you do, and don't care.

Embracing him diminishes you in every way. It's counterproductive, making it irrational. If you jump off a bridge, grasping the arm of a passing jogger, taking
him or her with you on your chosen fall to your death, is that rational, defensible? The suicide fall, in and of itself, is not generally considered a rational act.

Who is better off, after publicly embracing Trump, than before? Mark Meadows, Steven Mnuchin, Mitch McConnell, William Barr, or perhaps Jeff Sessions?
Sessions and Mulvaney seem pretty typical, as far as where they were before giving their loyalty away to Trump. How about Dr. Deborah Birx? Has defending and
making allowances for Trump helped her in any way?

Last edited:
*looks around at US, a President spreading misinformation about COVID, hundreds of thousands dead, breaking the post office to ensure the opposition can’t vote him out, shows no leadership or empathy for his people.

Alright champ, whatever you say.

You're free to take whatever conspiracy theories you want, down to the proper threads.

Remember, it's not about Trump so much. It's sticking it to the Libtards. Rush and fox News has taught them that fairness and kindness is a weakness. That a decent min. wage is "Free money...That health care for all is Free money. Education, the same. Sad part is they believe the very people who are out to stick a 2x4 up their asses as "The Truth" They don't understand that the Health Care corporations would actually mislead them and (No way!) lie to them for 620 million dollars" Jeez people. They are NOT your buddies.

I can get this is we're talking bottom shelf alcohol. The really nasty ****, where you must puke to remove the various additional toxins.

You're not taking responsibility for the consequences of supporting Trump. You don't seem to recognize the consequences, or you do, and don't care.

Embracing him diminishes you in every way. It's counterproductive, making it irrational. If you jump off a bridge, grasping the arm of a passing jogger, taking
him or her with you on your chosen fall to your death, is that rational, defensible? The suicide fall, in and of itself, is not generally considered a rational act.

Who is better off, after publicly embracing Trump, than before? Mark Meadows, Steven Mnuchin, Mitch McConnell, William Barr, or perhaps Jeff Sessions?
Sessions and Mulvaney seem pretty typical, as far as where they were before giving their loyalty away to Trump. How about Dr. Deborah Birx? Has defending and

The problem with your analysis, is that no one is jumping off a bridge here.
I don't see Trump actively doing anything wrong, which is something that we've asked proof, for a long time now.

This "candid" recording, is most likely going to be notched under the same nonsense as the Russian pee tapes, or any of the other failed attempts to attack Trump.

If you want to prove Trump is unfit for the office, then actually do it. Don't go through hyperbolic tirades, or continue to jump through mental hoops to make it seem as though something is wrong.

I can get this is we're talking bottom shelf alcohol. The really nasty ****, where you must puke to remove the various additional toxins.

Trumpism is Cisco Wine Cooler.

Worth a read for context.

BumWine.com - Cisco

Known as "liquid crack," for its reputation for wreaking more mental havoc than the cheapest tequila. Something in this syrupy hooch seems to have a synapse-blasting effect not unlike low-grade cocaine. The label insists that the ingredients are merely "citrus wine & grape wine with artificial flavor & artificial color," but anyone who has tried it knows better. Tales of Cisco-induced semi-psychotic fits are common. Often, people on a Cisco binge end up curled into a fetal ball, shuddering and muttering paranoid rants. Nudity and violence may well be involved too. Everyone who drinks this feels great at first, and claims, "It's not bad at all, I like it." But, you really do not want to mess around with this one, because they all sing a different tune a few minutes later. And by tune, I mean the psychotic ramblings of a raging naked bum.

sound familiar anyone?

Last edited:
The problem with your analysis, is that no one is jumping off a bridge here.
I don't see Trump actively doing anything wrong, which is something that we've asked proof, for a long time now.

This "candid" recording, is most likely going to be notched under the same nonsense as the Russian pee tapes, or any of the other failed attempts to attack Trump.

If you want to prove Trump is unfit for the office, then actually do it. Don't go through hyperbolic tirades, or continue to jump through mental hoops to make it seem as though something is wrong.

I anticipate your criteria does not rest entirely, or perhaps for the most part, on verifiable facts.

In chronological order....

Trump friend and Flynn NSA assistant, KT MacFarland's 4th FBI interview, the latter 3 at her request...

50257263366_7270246bbc_b.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...0a14b4-422d-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html

May 26, 2017

....The State Department, the White House National Security Council and U.S. intelligence agencies all have the ability to set up secure communications channels with foreign leaders, though doing so for a transition team would be unusual.

Trump’s advisers were similarly secretive about meetings with leaders from the United Arab Emirates. The Obama White House only learned that the crown prince of Abu Dhabi was flying to New York in December to see Kushner, Flynn and Stephen K. Bannon, another top Trump adviser, because U.S. border agents in the UAE spotted the Emirate leader’s name on a flight manifest.....

[h=2]Trump suggests death penalty punishment for Comey, Page ...[/h]Trump suggests death penalty punishment for Comey, Page, Strzok and McCabe

May 23, 2019. By. ... [Peter] Strzok, if you look at his lover, Lisa Page, his wonderful ...

Trump '''surprised''' by Barr saying he doesn'''t expect criminal investigation of Obama and Biden - ABC News
President Trump says he was “surprised” that a criminal investigation is unlikely into ...

Whitehouse.gov

August 11, 2020

The President: ..And the fact is we caught Joe Biden, President Obama, the whole group. You can look at Brennan and Comey and Clapper and the whole group. We caught them spying on our campaign. This was an illegal act like no other illegal act. This was treason. This was at the highest level of treason. And Obama and Biden got caught spying on my campaign, ..So before the election and then after I won, they continued. ..

Whitehouse.gov
August 11, 2020

.. Q ...Many of your supporters feel that the reason that Obama’s former NSA, Susan Rice, is at the top of — of Biden’s list is that she can best cover up a lot of the Obamagate surveillance crimes that have taken place during your campaign...

THE PRESIDENT: Well, look, the Obama campaign spied on our campaign. And they’ve been caught, all right? And now let’s see what happens to them. But they have been caught. They’ve been caught red-handed. It’s probably treason. It’s a horrible thing they did. It probably never happened before; at least nobody got caught doing it.

But they used the intelligence agencies of our country to spy on my campaign, and they have been caught. And there are a lot of people involved. I don’t want to say how much she’s involved. Frankly, if he chooses her, that’s fine. But that’s a potential liability. We’ll see.

But President Obama knew about it. Joe Biden knew about it. Comey — (laughs) — knew about it. Brennan, Clapper, the whole group, they all knew about it. Lisa Page and her lover Strzok, they all knew about it.

And we have it documented. We have it in text. We have it in all sorts of forms. They knew about it. It was a terrible thing. It should have never happened and should never be allowed to happen again to a President. This should never happen again.

This was a setup like we’ve never seen. I think it’s the political crime of the century, and they’ve been caught. So let’s see what happens to them all.

I anticipate your criteria does not rest entirely, or perhaps for the most part, on verifiable facts.

In chronological order....

Trump friend and Flynn NSA assistant, KT MacFarland's 4th FBI interview, the latter 3 at her request...

50257263366_7270246bbc_b.jpg

Once again, you seem to have a knack for flooding the page with useless information and claiming that it means something. Even though it was found to contain very little, even when officials went over it themselves.

Remember, it's not about Trump so much. It's sticking it to the Libtards. Rush and fox News has taught them that fairness and kindness is a weakness. That a decent min. wage is "Free money...That health care for all is Free money. Education, the same. Sad part is they believe the very people who are out to stick a 2x4 up their asses as "The Truth" They don't understand that the Health Care corporations would actually mislead them and (No way!) lie to them for 620 million dollars" Jeez people. They are NOT your buddies.

It's good to see that this is just your opinion and not in any way a reflection of what actually accounts for reality.

I am wrestling with the notion of "supporting Trump". What does that really mean?
We don't know what the Biden platform is going to look like. It's too early for him to specify policies.
Is he going to embrace policies and plans that are bad for this country? i.e. what AOC and Bernie are going to push him to do on energy and so-called climate change?

So, if the one who started this thread is simply looking for people who will slavishly follow Trump (so they can be ridiculed), then this is a stupid thread.
Trump is no bargain that's for sure. But does anyone really know where Biden is going to lead us?
Or are all of the admitted Trump-haters in these forums completely oblivious to what Biden is proposing and simply going to vote for him because he is NOT Trump.? What if Biden suddenly turned into a ham sandwich? Would that make a difference to Trump haters?
For those who thought the DNC Convention was simply terrific and everything they said was music to everyone's ears, then there really is no point in understanding what Trump has to say about his plans and how he plans to counter Biden's claims for a glorious economic recovery, fighting the virus, and getting everyone in the country to suddenly love each other.

Once again, you seem to have a knack for flooding the page with useless information and claiming that it means something. Even though it was found to contain very little, even when officials went over it themselves.

You cite nothing to support your opinion or analysis, or whatever it is.

President Trump is obviously unhinged, unfit, an extreme risk to national security and the rule of law.

No one is asking or expecting you to cease supporting and defending him. It would however, be quite reasonable for you to stand down, just sit this one out.

The Senator from your state, Doug Jones, did himself and his career no favor, as a consequence of voting to remove Trump from office in February, and
neither did Senator Romney. Both senators put country before personal interests. They are both patriots.

Wealthy people like Trump because of the massive tax cut Trump gave wealthy people.

The gun lobby likes Trump because Trump is pro gun.

The anti abortion crowd likes Trump because Trump is anti abortion.

People who are afraid of blacks like Trump because Trump will protect them from blacks.

You wrote: "People who are afraid of blacks like Trump because Trump will protect them from blacks"
Now that reads like a real useless statement.
Trump cannot protect anyone from any ethnic or dangerous group.

I like the idea of anti-abortion; pro gun; and tax cuts in order to spur economic growth.
And I don't care if the rich are taxed more than they already are.

my opinion is that many who are still with him now are too invested to turn back. some might not be, though.

Tell me what policies Biden is proposing (in detail) and I will tell you if I support him.

You are exaggerating and being hyperbolic. You are fixating on Trump's annoying personality and basing all of your decisions to support Biden based on how much you dislike Trump. You don't even know what Trump is going to come back with to counter Biden's plans for this country. And you really don't care because you have already made up your mind based on the four-year animus you have generated in your mind.

I am wrestling with the notion of "supporting Trump". What does that really mean?
We don't know what the Biden platform is going to look like. It's too early for him to specify policies.
Is he going to embrace policies and plans that are bad for this country? i.e. what AOC and Bernie are going to push him to do on energy and so-called climate change?

So, if the one who started this thread is simply looking for people who will slavishly follow Trump (so they can be ridiculed), then this is a stupid thread.
Trump is no bargain that's for sure. But does anyone really know where Biden is going to lead us?
Or are all of the admitted Trump-haters in these forums completely oblivious to what Biden is proposing and simply going to vote for him because he is NOT Trump.? What if Biden suddenly turned into a ham sandwich? Would that make a difference to Trump haters?
For those who thought the DNC Convention was simply terrific and everything they said was music to everyone's ears, then there really is no point in understanding what Trump has to say about his plans and how he plans to counter Biden's claims for a glorious economic recovery, fighting the virus, and getting everyone in the country to suddenly love each other.

Don't waste our time, simply concede you are influenced by partisan ideology and not by practicality or history.

Trump Is Right About One Thing: 'The Economy Does Better Under The Democrats'
Trump Is Right About One Thing: 'The Economy Does Better Under The Democrats'
That’s right. Trump said out loud the same thing that Hillary Clinton has asserted—and top academics and journalists have confirmed. The same thing I’ve been compiling cold, hard government data on since 1980: By crucial metrics like GDP, job creation, business investment and avoiding recessions, the economy does a lot better with Democrats in the White House than with Republicans. Just one eye-opening example: Nine of the last 10 recessions have been under Republicans.

Job-growth20.jpg

Bus-invest20.jpg

Recessions20.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fpeterlazaroff%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F07%2F2016-07-20-President-Market-Data.jpg

Last edited:

Facts and history are your friend, if you permit them to be. On March 9, 2009, 48 days after Biden became V.P., the Dow Jones stock index was 6700. By summer, 2016, it was 18,800. In the final Obama Admin. fiscal year, ended 09/30/17, the national debt had increased $671 billion. Trump policies promptly doubled the RATE of DEBT increase during the following fiscal year, accelerating the increase rate even further, by February, 2020.

50256710848_72c62a2440_b.jpg

50256711718_ea1b46ec01_b.jpg

50256714223_5bfc57f82a_b.jpg

50256715588_598488f71f_b.jpg

National Debt, 10/01/2019 to eve of Pandemic....IOW, proof of fiscal malpractice.

50257398291_11fa3d96a7_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom