• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Speaker Boehner backing off Obamacare demands

Gallup says America doesn't agree with Republican talking points.
America is paying attention this time, as compared to previous sabotages.
Please ignore the Koch brother warnings from yesterday.

We're all nervous, especially the Koch brothers in their letter.
Cantor has what he wants in Ryan's budget.
Carl Bernstein tore Cantor apart as a McCarthyite last night.

Did you miss the conservative Gallup poll? The death benefits blame shows how desperate and disgraceful Repubs are.

The Pentagon brought their civilian contractors back in house under the auspices of providing "moral support" to the Armed Forces, yet at the same time claimed the reason death benefits weren't being paid was because they didn't have the personnel to do the required paperwork. They even admitted that the money is there(1.7 million), and its available, but somehow they can't process paperwork. Thank goodness for the charity that is stepping in to do that for them.

Nothing more than shutdown theater, orchestrated by the Executive branch. Next thing they will be putting curtains over Mt Rushmore. Gotta make the shutdown hurt...

There could be some sanity behind all the madness. By keeping this going, he puts more and more pressure and blame on the Tea Party. So when push comes to shove... the Tea Party will be blamed for any bad will concerning the shutdown, and he and the more "normal" members of the GOP can distance themselves from the Tea Party and get out from under their death grip.

I really hadn't thought of it that way. It's an interesting viewpoint. I've seen Bohner as a hapless hostage of the Tea Party nutters. I still think that's the most likely explanation for his decision to shut down the government, because the GOP will suffer most for this, but it's also very damaging to Cruz and the TP. Whether Bohner planed it or not -- and I've never thought he was slick enough to pull off something like this -- it's still going to be damaging to the GOP as a whole, but to the TP-alligned members specifically.

I've seen this as yet-another ham fisted stunt by the GOP -- like nominating Sarah Palin or attacking Hispanics (the one demographic that could have saved their party) -- but maybe it really was a very slick move in the in--party war they have going.

There could be some sanity behind all the madness. By keeping this going, he puts more and more pressure and blame on the Tea Party. So when push comes to shove... the Tea Party will be blamed for any bad will concerning the shutdown, and he and the more "normal" members of the GOP can distance themselves from the Tea Party and get out from under their death grip.

The Tea Party is the single biggest problem with the GOP after the religious right. It has cost the GOP power in the Senate and it cost them seats in the house last election and will cost them seats next election. There is only so much gerrymandering of districts that can be done to make up for seats lost because of Tea Party wackos.

The Tea Party will be blamed by Obama supporters no matter what. I don't think we're all that concerned about what a bunch of selfish idiots think of us. The goal is to stop the spending and expanding government. The petulant children, including Obama and Reid can go cry to someone who cares. They have jumped the shark. This about the good of the country, not the gimme idiots. You know how we know the tactic is working? The libs are getting louder in their claims of victory and the media is running more editorials about Republicans caving. But if you ask the Republicans you find the claims are unsubstantiated. The lies on the left have been going on for so long they are now lying to themselves and believing it. The biggest risk for the Republicans was to risk Obama shutting the government down to begin with. Once that point passed they might as well get the most mileage they can from it. In the mean time Obama and Reid are looking foolish, Obama is looking like a whiny child, and more and more government waste is being exposed. Meanwhile we're over a week in and the only direct effect I've seen yet is a postponed class I was scheduled for thru FEMA. BFD. The Republicans have more to lose at this point caving than staying the course.

Last edited:
The Tea Party will are being blamed by Obama supporters. I don't think we're all that concerned about what a bunch of selfish idiots think of us. The goal is to stop the spending and expanding government.

And that is where you as a Tea Party fanboy fail. Why? Because your elected officials dont do what they preach, which means they and the Tea Party look exactly like every other hypocrite politician. And it started on day one in 2010, when one of the first questions asked by a newly elected Tea Party
member in the House orientation was... "when am I going to get my healthcare?". You mean your government funded healthcare you hate?

The petulant children, including Obama and Reid can go cry to someone who cares. They have jumped the shark. This about the good of the country, not the gimme idiots. You know how we know the tactic is working? The libs are getting louder in their claims of victory and the media is running more editorials about Republicans caving. But if you ask the Republicans you find the claims are unsubstantiated. The lies on the left have been going on for so long they are now lying to themselves and believing it. The biggest risk for the Republicans was to risk Obama shutting the government down to begin with. Once that point passed they might as well get the most mileage they can from it. In the mean time Obama and Reid are looking foolish, Obama is looking like a whiny child, and more and more government waste is being exposed. Meanwhile we're over a week in and the only direct effect I've seen yet is a postponed class I was scheduled for thru FEMA. BFD. The Republicans have more to lose at this point caving than staying the course.

And it is this attitude that ultimately will doom the Tea Party. Politics has always been done with compromise.. the Tea Party does not want to compromise and that makes them a problem.

I understand the idea of less government spending and I support it. Problem is that, this is not what the Tea Party of 2013 is about.. it is about power and forcing the majority of people to do their will on issues that they cant even themselves live up to the ideals of the Tea Party.

The very fact that Reagan would have been a RINO according to the Tea Party, clearly shows how radical and out of touch the Tea Party is.

The very fact that the anti-government Tea Party elected officials have gobbled up billions in pork for their districts.. something that the Tea Party is against.. or/and gotten government subsidies.. something the Tea Party also is against... shows a massive disconnect between what the Tea Party says and does.

And finally the fact that the Tea Party members say that they want to cut things like SS, Medicare and so on.. but when you ask them to personally have their benefits cut or access cut ... then they are against it all of a sudden.

And that is where you as a Tea Party fanboy fail. Why? Because your elected officials dont do what they preach, which means they and the Tea Party look exactly like every other hypocrite politician. And it started on day one in 2010, when one of the first questions asked by a newly elected Tea Party
member in the House orientation was... "when am I going to get my healthcare?". You mean your government funded healthcare you hate?

And it is this attitude that ultimately will doom the Tea Party. Politics has always been done with compromise.. the Tea Party does not want to compromise and that makes them a problem.

I understand the idea of less government spending and I support it. Problem is that, this is not what the Tea Party of 2013 is about.. it is about power and forcing the majority of people to do their will on issues that they cant even themselves live up to the ideals of the Tea Party.

The very fact that Reagan would have been a RINO according to the Tea Party, clearly shows how radical and out of touch the Tea Party is.

The very fact that the anti-government Tea Party elected officials have gobbled up billions in pork for their districts.. something that the Tea Party is against.. or/and gotten government subsidies.. something the Tea Party also is against... shows a massive disconnect between what the Tea Party says and does.

And finally the fact that the Tea Party members say that they want to cut things like SS, Medicare and so on.. but when you ask them to personally have their benefits cut or access cut ... then they are against it all of a sudden.

There you go with that grouping thing again. I never said Reagan would be a RINO. I never asked for government health care. I didn't ask for SS or MC cuts, nor did I deny cutting any of my benefits. That is part of the problem. I don't think every Democrat whole heartedly agrees with every idea other Democrats have. What the Tea Party is about over all is having a government that runs as intended by the founders according to the Constitution. If someone runs as a Tea Party candidate and doesn't act like one, they need to be flushed just like the Democrats and old line Republicans. I would support term limits for all Congresscritters including Tea Party candidate.

How is the Affordable Care Act, "government health care".

Medicare is health care paid by the government and administered by private doctors.
Medicaid is health care paid by the government and administered by private doctors.

The Affordable Care Act requires everyone to take personal responsibility and own health insurance. There are no government doctors and insurance companies continue to be the payer.

The VA provides the only true "government health care" with government doctors and where the government pays the bills.

Just wanted to clear up that one small thing.

No, it works. Hear me out:

China = Communism.
Communism = Satan.
China = Major Debt Holder
Satan = Major Debt Holder
Default = Major Debt Holder Demands Payment
Default = Satan Demands Payment

You got the Communism = Satan part right

The rest is lol

What's the interest on our debt every month. How much does it cost to service it

And secondly why would we want to give the scumbag who did this a blank check

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/9/obamas-national-debt-rate-on-track-to-double/

Back
Top Bottom