• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is South Dakota Bill Too Restrictive? Bush Says Yes

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Actually it is a violation of the xth because the right to privacy isn't in the Constitution it was made up by using the total incorporation plus, interpretation of the Constitution.

No it's not. It would only be a violation of the 10th if they did something they did not believe was in the Constitution. They obviously did, so it can't be a violation to make the states follow it.

Kelzie said:
No it's not. It would only be a violation of the 10th if they did something they did not believe was in the Constitution. They obviously did, so it can't be a violation to make the states follow it.

The job of the Supreme Court is to interpret what is already in the Constitution not to make up stuff. They can't add and subtract as they see fit, but then again I consider myself a strict constructionalist . . . so there you go.

ps if the Roe V Decision is overturned it will be on the basis of the Xth Amendment you can take that to the bank.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
The job of the Supreme Court is to interpret what is already in the Constitution not to make up stuff. They can't add and subtract as they see fit, but then again I consider myself a strict constructionalist . . . so there you go.

ps if the Roe V Decision is overturned it will be on the basis of the Xth Amendment you can take that to the bank.

And I'm sure that's how they interpreted it. Forgive me, but I'll trust some of the greatest legal minds in the country over you. If they believe it was in there, it was.

Kelzie said:
And I'm sure that's how they interpreted it. Forgive me, but I'll trust some of the greatest legal minds in the country over you. If they believe it was in there, it was.

Then find it Kelzie, find it, I'm going with the dissenting opinion on this one.

Back
Top Bottom