• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is self defense even plausible?

Yes but they are relevant to my original question.

No, because you lack principles, your observation lacks relevance.

Everyone hear has gone around my premise. Is it reasonable to say you were defending yourself when you were the one who initially started and instigated a confrontation? What I'm saying is Zimmerman is the only reason Zimmerman got punched in the first place.

your premise is flawed...that's why everyone is going around it. Martin instigated the confrontation....not zimmerman. :shrug: being followed and asked a question is not reasonable grounds to punch someone.

your premise is flawed...that's why everyone is going around it. Martin instigated the confrontation....not zimmerman. :shrug: being followed and asked a question is not reasonable grounds to punch someone.

Doubt this will stick either.......

Yes but they are relevant to my original question.

You're question is the equivalent of "Have you stopped beating your wife yet? Yes or No?"

I feel like you're dodging me because you can't attack my actual question on it's merits

No, silly, your original observations had no merit, which negates any questions, as they would have no merit, either.

I wanted you to say it so you could be like wow what I just said was non sense.

All of your comments have had a Wow factor.

Lets be real, if you follow and confront someone who is un armed, then say you defended yourself when you instigated the confrontation, and when clearly nothing would have happened had Z just called the police and left it alone. In principle it's just plain silly.
Your narrative is off.
It was who approached and confronted Zimmerman.

No, silly, your original observations had no merit, which negates any questions, as they would have no merit, either.

I didn't know opinions were facts. You just turned my world upside down.

I didn't know opinions were facts. You just turned my world upside down.

No, the wrongness of your original observations were completely wrong.

Don't blame me for your silliness.

Obviously, it depends upon how one interprets the evidence. I agree with the OP. If Z had followed instructions received on the phone, and if he had NOT been armed, in accordance with the rules governing Neighborhood Watch, Martin would still be alive and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

He was on the prowl, with anger and hard feelings towards young blacks, and while he didn't find Rodney King, he did find what he wanted, and got to burn some powder in the process.

1. He did follow the instructions on the phone. He stopped following and turned back to walk toward his car.
2. He wasn't on NW duty. There's no reason why he couldn't have his concealed weapon on him.
3. You're assuming (based on media hype, I believe) that he was "on the prowl, with anger and hard feelings toward young blacks". The evidence and people who know GZ do not agree with you.

I wanted you to say it so you could be like wow what I just said was non sense.

Nope, sorry. My point still stands. Seems you are so emotionally invested in this trial, you aren't able to step back and look at things objectively. I would wager you will be sorely dissapointed when Zimmerman is aquitted.

Back
Top Bottom