• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Sarah Palin's use of the American flag a breach of federal law?

Is Sarah Palin's use of the flag breaking the law?

• YES! Fine her! Throw her in jail!

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Maybe...it seems disrespectful.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Really? This is what we're talking about?

Votes: 41 89.1%

• Total voters
I thought it awfully similar to the family values routine. Conservatives were able to puff their chest in the midst of the counterculture, rightly so I might add, and liberals were struggling with coming up with an identity thereafter. Liberals since then have longed for the moment where a conservative, who had puffed up their chest or not, engages in dubious behavior.

The difference is, the general public will buy the hypocrisy narrative when it comes to "family values conservatives" pulling a Larry Craig or a Mark Foley. This flag bull**** is so obviously a stupid cheap shot as to not warrant a serious response.

The difference is, the general public will buy the hypocrisy narrative when it comes to "family values conservatives" pulling a Larry Craig or a Mark Foley. This flag bull**** is so obviously a stupid cheap shot as to not warrant a serious response.

This incidence is a poorly conceived attack. I just think the tendency to look for an opening for those reasons will remain.

This incidence is a poorly conceived attack. I just think the tendency to look for an opening for those reasons will remain.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

But if you are correct, personally if I were a liberal pundit or a dem strategist I would wait until I see a conservative taking a cell phone pic of himself actually pissing on a flag before I start screaming hypocrisy. Conservatives generally don't make a lot of stupid mistakes with flags :2razz:

There was the whole lapel pin fiasco around election time in 2007-2008. It was first a conservative-led "issue" and then it became a point of liberals accusing conservatives of the same.

Again, people just like rhetorical targets.

Actually just checked. Those violate flag code unless they are considered a patriotic organization.

Well that's very subjective but it just goes to show you that the code is meaningless in many ways.

Well that's very subjective but it just goes to show you that the code is meaningless in many ways.

You raise an interesting point. I don't know for sure, but I am fairly confident that the term "patriotic organizations" refers to a specific group of organizations authorized by the government, like the American Legion or the Boy/Girl Scouts. You can't just unilaterally declare yourself a patriotic organization, as far as I know.

But that's all supposition and I have nothing to back it up. Like I said, you raise a fair point.

On the other hand, even if there is no standard, you still apply a good faith standard or what is or is not a "patriotic organization." And it's definitely not a private sports team.

Last edited:
If the money was right Sarah Palin would use the U.S. flag for toilet paper. It could be argued that she already has, certainly during Rolling Thunder.

If the money was right Sarah Palin would use the U.S. flag for toilet paper. It could be argued that she already has, certainly during Rolling Thunder.

That's just plain old PDO

We have people burning the flag and THIS makes the news? And people wonder why this country is in such dire straights. :roll:

We have people burning the flag and THIS makes the news? And people wonder why this country is in such dire straights. :roll:

Or, you know; dire straits.

Or, you know; dire straits.

Well I like the Sultans of Swing as much as anyone, but they were English, you guys must mean The E street band. Bruce's father worked at the factory that made the factories before it was shut down etc...

BruceSpringsteenPicture.jpg

Last edited:
And yesterday in Boston Palin tells the small crowd about Paul Revere's ride to ring the bells to let the British know that American's had guns. :2rofll:

That's Sarah Palin, not afraid to tell it like it is, as the Teabaggers say. :shock:

The worst part is she is now defending what she said! The woman has no brains!

The American flag is put on everything from t-shirts to toilet paper. To me, this is a mental attempt by many liberals to somehow appear like they are defending the flag after decades of seeming like the enemy to the flag (by believing in the honestly sensible decision that burning a flag in protest is still constitutional).

Liberals? Why don't you check out Palin's and Bachmann's merchandize websites, and see how many T-shirts she is selling with the flag on it among other things, before you make such asinine accusations?

Sarah Palin Gifts, T-Shirts, Stickers, & More - CafePress

Michele Bachmann T-shirts, Shirts and Custom Michele Bachmann Clothing

Any proof those are official stores for the two women?

Anyone can open a Cafe Press store. I don't think either woman would use Cafe Press or Zazzle for their merchandise. Do you really think Palin would be selling this??

Mug by SEXYPALN5- 317298007

317298007v1_480x480_Back.jpg

Any proof those are official stores for the two women?
I didn't say they were, but apparently it is Republicans pushing the mdse.

Anyone can open a Cafe Press store. I don't think either woman would use Cafe Press or Zazzle for their merchandise. Do you really think Palin would be selling this??

I didn't say Palin was selling them, but they are considered Republican mdse (propaganda), and no decent self respecting Liberal would try and sell crap such as this, sold by Cafe Press.

gopass_3.png

While its easy to bash Palin because lets face it shes an easy target that paints targets on herself and makes it EXTREMELY easy

THIS is a non-issue, its partisan hackery and its worse because you dont need partisan hackery to paint Palin in a bad light.

While its easy to bash Palin because lets face it shes an easy target that paints targets on herself and makes it EXTREMELY easy

THIS is a non-issue, its partisan hackery and its worse because you dont need partisan hackery to paint Palin in a bad light.

Maybe the reason it is being brought up is because she touts herself as such a Patriot, and in that case, she should be more sensitive to the flag and how it is displayed.

But, she does seem to have a knack for saying stupid things, which confirms the fact that she is no "Presidential" material.

Maybe the reason it is being brought up is because she touts herself as such a Patriot, and in that case, she should be more sensitive to the flag and how it is displayed.

But, she does seem to have a knack for saying stupid things, which confirms the fact that she is no "Presidential" material.

I agree when you stomp around and scream I am the one thee patriot you kinda leave the door open to this ticky tac stuff but in reality we step all over the flag etiquette and again its Palin, she'll do something in the next 5 minutes that is justifiable to make fun of her for :)

Also nobody objective needs it confirmed that she isnt "presidential" material thats obvious. She gets unfairly bashed at times and she has accomplished things many have tried so shes not as bad as people make out BUT when we are talking presidential level stuff? she falls way short.

Back
Top Bottom